• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

ill wil

** Edited by Rayven for readability **
Japhet's Folly - Under no circumstances should you fast travel to Japhet's Folly by yourself and not following the 'Rise In The East' quest. Japhet's Folly is it's own "world" in the game and once you are there you cannot fast travel or leave in any way other than ending the quest with Adelaisa, who wont be there if you fast travel there on your own. Also, do not return to Japhet's Folly via Sea Cave after the bombardment has started or you will be trapped. The top area of Japhet's Folly will be blocked by rubble and the door from Sea Cave is gone, preventing you from turning back the way you came.
The Wolf Queen Awakened - This quest is activated by levelling up after completing the previous quest 'The Man Who Cried Wolf'. Make sure you complete the previous quest before reaching level 81 (current level cap).
Finn's Lute - Breaks the related quest if picked up before you accept the quest.
Pantea's Flute - Breaks the related quest if picked up before you accept the quest.
Briar Heart - Do not have one in your inventory when starting the 'Repairing The Phial' quest or it breaks the quest. GREAT!!!!
Grimsever - A sword found in Mzinchaleft. Do not pick it up until you have accepted the quest from Mjoll the Lioness in Riften.
Invocation Of Azura - Do not pick up this book until you have activated the fetch quest at the college of Winterhold.
Crimson Nirnroot - Do not collect more than one Crimson Nirnroot during the "A Return to Your Roots" quest until you have read Sinderion's Field Journal. Any more you have on you will not be counted toward the total and if you drop them to the ground, you will get a negative collection count.
Honningbrew Meadery - Do not break into this location or it will interfere with the Thieves Guild questline.
Roggvir's Amulet of Talos - When first arriving in Solitude, do not take the executed Nord's amulet.
Fine Cut Void Salts - Do not pick this up until you have the quest from Captain Wayfinder in Dawnstar
Thieves Guild Armor - You need to exchange this with another character later on in the thieves guild. You cannot become guild master without it.

ill wil

Ik your so right.....BUT at least we all can know this before the quest become broken. IT sucks that something this little can break quests.

Raijin

A Mage that loves a Templar
you'd probably have a better chance posting in Bethesda's actual forums

I'm a member of the Bethesda forum (I came here because I'm sick of tired of their PG 13 rules crap) and rarely do you see actual staffs posting there with an exception of the moderators. When you ask for help over there due to a glitch or bug theirs no staffs available to answer to your post so I honestly don't think they would even bother reading this post if it was posted there.

The best way to get their attention is to call them up or email them directly, and voice your concern. Posting on their forums is futile.

ill wil

ok....cool. THX

Nakatsu_Hime

Japhet's Folly - yes, I found this out. I had to bloody well swim back!

Crimson Nimroots - I'm currently fighting the bugs with these things

But, more than this... get the bloody quest bugs fixed!
I have numerous failed and stuck quests for various reasons, and quest stubs not being removed from my list. and NPCs who refuse to talk to me, and soldiers who refuse to accuse me of murdering Elrys.

Argh!!!

butcherpete2277

Suthay-raht
Unless you really, REALLY, like the Elemental Fury shout (the one that lets you swing weapons faster) DO NOT USE IT as there is a chance the sound could become permanently bound to your character and it is impossible to remove it. Affects all 3 systems. It is very loud and drowns out most other sounds, the only way to get rid of it is to revert to an old save (for some people even this didn't work, even after starting a new game it was still there).

SaveVsBedWet

Japhet's Folly - yes, I found this out. I had to bloody well swim back!

Crimson Nimroots - I'm currently fighting the bugs with these things

But, more than this... get the bloody quest bugs fixed!
I have numerous failed and stuck quests for various reasons, and quest stubs not being removed from my list. and NPCs who refuse to talk to me, and soldiers who refuse to accuse me of murdering Elrys.

Argh!!!

Hmmm. Yes that Japhet's Folly thing severely annoyed Dr. D'Irsei. She forgot about the place and traveled back there on several occasions, always encountering one or two patients hanging out under a dock or somewhere else in the water where she couldn't shoot them in the gums with soothing anesthetic arrows from the shore, so she had to jump in. And of course once that's done, there seems to be no way to get back up on the dock to fetch the customer satisfaction survey forms.

I have to say "Whuuuut?!" about claims that you can swim back from there. I could swear there is an end of accessible world barrier not far from the island and dock complex that prevents this. I'm sure I tried it. Are you being figurative or did you actually pull this off?

Medea

The Shadow Queen
They also need to fix the "fetch me that book" questline from the mages guild. If you pick up any of the books you're supposed to get for Urag before actually receiving the order to do so, you're stuck with those books for the rest of the game and can't continue the quest. I saw the Invocation of Azura ill wil mentioned in the post, but this glitch goes for ANY of the books you are eventually supposed to get for Urag.

Trust me, when you're about to pick up a valuable book, or any item that looks unique or has someone's name on it, SAVE YOUR GAME FIRST. If you find that you can't drop the item, load the game and don't pick it up.

Raijin

A Mage that loves a Templar
I'm wondering if this is happening to anyone else. When you're in combat by riding a horse using daggers does the enemy seem to flick around? I'm not sure if it was a mod that I had installed, but I eventually had to disable it because the latest upgrade broke it.

ill wil

So far since my last post I'm stuck with a bunch of broken quests after I updated the game...smh!

can not read the OP, seriously...black font on a nearly black background?

ill wil

I'm sorry....idk why that happen....I was saying since this new update I have 3 broken quests.

Nakatsu_Hime

Hmmm. Yes that Japhet's Folly thing severely annoyed Dr. D'Irsei. She forgot about the place and traveled back there on several occasions, always encountering one or two patients hanging out under a dock or somewhere else in the water where she couldn't shoot them in the gums with soothing anesthetic arrows from the shore, so she had to jump in. And of course once that's done, there seems to be no way to get back up on the dock to fetch the customer satisfaction survey forms.

I have to say "Whuuuut?!" about claims that you can swim back from there. I could swear there is an end of accessible world barrier not far from the island and dock complex that prevents this. I'm sure I tried it. Are you being figurative or did you actually pull this off?

Well, I'm sure I did. I definitely know I didn't have to abort and reload. I know I did a lot of swimming and swearing (*Glugf.ck*), but it was a way back now, and my memory isn't what it once was.

perkecet

the lute and flute work fine for me when finding them randomly. i just go to solitude and give 'em their stuff without ever meeting them before =P

SaveVsBedWet

Well, I'm sure I did. I definitely know I didn't have to abort and reload. I know I did a lot of swimming and swearing (*Glugf.ck*), but it was a way back now, and my memory isn't what it once was.

Ugh, too bad the good Dr. couldn't find the way back to the mainland. You know dental bills don't just pay themselves and all she got out of those patients bobbing around under the dock was complaints about their bloated bill. The dead can use a few lessons in gratitude, if you ask me!

Nakatsu_Hime

Yes, people tend to bloat if kept underwater for any period of time.

Does she do private work? I need mine descaled.

ill wil

broken quests and bug....lol