Xbox 360 Playing without the HUD

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Grogmar Ghrobash

'Tis better to be alone, then of bad company.
So I was thinking of making a new character and playing without the HUD to get a more role playey kind of feeling, but I'm having second thoughts about it because I'm not sure if not knowing what I'm picking up half the time would really be that fun, so I was wondering if anyone who has done it before could tell me if they recommend doing it or not.

Also, I really want to have a role play kind of play through but the problem is I'm not really creative when it comes to making back ground story's for characters or what restrictions there should be when doing a role play sort of play through so if anyone could give me some advice on what I should do that would also be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your time.

Also if it helps any I'm thinking of making an assassin/thief kind of character.

Adam Warlock

Sneaking is great fun .
It`s the only Perk tree I have completely filled.
I can`t think of a build that doesn`t benefit from it but it`s tops for thieving and assasinations.
If you want to add magic school , then use illusion , restoration, destruction, conjuration, alteration in that order. Move alteration up the list if you don`t want to wear armor but their are some really sweet armor sets available in the DB and Thieve`s Guild quest lines.
If you like a poisoned blade , tinker with Alchemy a bit.
Most of all , enjoy your stalk !
As you`re silently creeping up on your target , imagine you are a Sabre Cat lurking through the brush for a victim.
Anticipate the hot blood splashing on your hands and face and pause to enjoy the final moment before your attack.
And come up with an appropriate catch phrase to use for the coup de grace
Something like " Die in the name of the Night Mother !" or " My blade , your death ! "

Grogmar Ghrobash

'Tis better to be alone, then of bad company.
Sneaking is great fun .
It`s the only Perk tree I have completely filled.
I can`t think of a build that doesn`t benefit from it but it`s tops for thieving and assasinations.
If you want to add magic school , then use illusion , restoration, destruction, conjuration, alteration in that order. Move alteration up the list if you don`t want to wear armor but their are some really sweet armor sets available in the DB and Thieve`s Guild quest lines.
If you like a poisoned blade , tinker with Alchemy a bit.
Most of all , enjoy your stalk !
As you`re silently creeping up on your target , imagine you are a Sabre Cat lurking through the brush for a victim.
Anticipate the hot blood splashing on your hands and face and pause to enjoy the final moment before your attack.
And come up with an appropriate catch phrase to use for the coup de grace
Something like " Die in the name of the Night Mother !" or " My blade , your death ! "

I've actually made an assassin/thief character before, I'm just wanting to make it into a more meaningful play through this time around and to embrace the role playing aspect of the game to make it a bit more fun. But none the less thank you for your advice.

Adam Warlock

I wish I knew more about Skyrim lore to help you there but I`m a newb.
For me the character immersion is definitely higher when I`m providing my own "vocal clips" in response or in addition to what the game offers.

Bandit thumps shield with sword and taunts "So you think you can beat an Orc , eh ?"
Dragonborn " You bet your green ass I can !"

A classic role play might be a Punisher type character.
Tough good guy turned bad due to tragedy.
Gives you a way out if you don`t want to make truly evil choices

Or a totally insane Joker type who just wants to see it all burn and would happily poison children if he could

Uther Pundragon

The Harbinger of Awesome
Staff member
Be sure to check out BIGwooly's thread, Skyrim "Hardcore" Playstyle | Skyrim Forums with help making up some guidelines. Some awesome stuff there.

Also, check out some of the Role Play threads on the site. Just reading them can help you become more understanding of how to create a character with a background, needs, etc. Even if you just plan to rp your character in the game!