• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

edge

Has anyone found any homes you can get? If so please tell me where and how to get it

Nuitari

Dark Luna God of Magic
By doing the political intrigue quest thingy in Raven's Rock you can get a house and by doing lots of quest for the Neloth the Telvanni wizard you can get a bed and a chest in his great big mushroom. Other than these I don't know of any others but there could be more.

Midna316

Yes, you can get a great house in Raven Rock. Start by entering the mine in Raven Rock and do the quest you find there. After you complete it, you will be approached by Adril Arano. Complete all the quests he give you, and then you will be offered the house.

KattSand

Premium Member
Speeking of that house in raven rock, I decided to get some sleep at my new house there after a day of exploring and woke up in a freaky way, I'm not gonna spoil anything but yeah..was not expecting that. I haven't done the main quest of the dlc yet so i guess what happend only happens before doing that.

Saozig

Hippy
Yes, I was able to acquire a cool house in Raven Rock by doing quests/favors around Raven Rock, namely, first for the guard captain Veleth and then for the Raven Rock steward, what's his name. But one thing that made me unhappy was:

I was going around collecting loot, selling it and saving up coin in the hopes of buying a house there, and they ended up giving it to me free!!! :mad: :p

I am going to investigate next if there's any marriage candidates there and any other followers besides the mercenary in the chitin armor at the Retching Netch (best name for an inn evah?). Have to get over this damn virus I have, so I can enjoy myself, though, and not have to go lie down every 20 minutes. :oops:

Saozig

Hippy
Speeking of that house in raven rock, I decided to get some sleep at my new house there after a day of exploring and woke up in a freaky way, I'm not gonna spoil anything but yeah..was not expecting that. I haven't done the main quest of the dlc yet so i guess what happend only happens before doing that.

Yes, that happened to me too. That was FUN! I totally freaked out, because unlike to regular Skyrim quests, I had no idea what was going to happen next. I was wondering if those who just went straight thru the main quest experienced that, but if you didn't stop to sleep anywhere, probably not.

I hadn't gotten the house yet--I had rented a bed at the Retching Netch and slept there. I assume it will happen if you sleep between finding more info on Miraak and whatever you are suppose to do next.

I also went back to Skyrim after returning to Raven Rock after that "event" and slayed a dragon ouside my manor, and when I did:

I heard Miraak's voice telling me I was weak and crap and then the MOFO STOLE MY DRAGON SOUL!!! :mad:

Don't know if that happens with people who run straight thru the main quest either. But have to say, these little unexpected twists have made it very enjoyable! Glad I didn't just go straight thru the main quest.

KattSand

Premium Member
I also went back to Skyrim after returning to Raven Rock after that "event" and slayed a dragon ouside my manor, and when I did:

I heard Miraak's voice telling me I was weak and crap and then the MOFO STOLE MY DRAGON SOUL!!! :mad:

Don't know if that happens with people who run straight thru the main quest either. But have to say, these little unexpected twists have made it very enjoyable! Glad I didn't just go straight thru the main quest.

The same thing just happens to me! I got a little angry, but also a little impressed at the same time because it was so unexpected. I'm not gonna do anything else with the main quests just yet, I wanna see if that event with the dragon was just a one time thing or if it will keep happening every now and then.

And yeah, I was kind of saving up money to BUY a house and they just....give me one? This is unheard of! Not even after killing dragons all over skyrim and doing countless of favors for everyone am I getting a house for free. The closest thing to a free house I've gotten until now is by Molag bal and that says a lot.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
In an Elderscrolls game when someone gives you a free house your first reaction will be "What? Why? WTF is wrong with the house? Something going to happen isn't it? What trickery is this?" And you enter with your weapons out.

Pharaun159

Only thing that bothered me is that you cant have your children live in new house.

Saozig

Hippy
I've noticed that when you sleep in the manor, you wake up Rested and not Well Rested. Don't know if this is a glitch, by design, or an oversight. But if it's your house, you should get the Well Rested bonus.

It also plays the "dungeon" music (my least fav Skyrim music) while you're inside.

Regarding the "event" when you sleep there:

This only happens if you haven't completed the Cleansing the Stones quest. And it will happen if you sleep anywhere in Solstheim before completing that part of the main quest, not just the manor.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts