• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
So I started my second character in Skyrim and instead of really questing I am wandering Skyrim. And I keep seeing people on the roads so I was like hmm bandits suck I bet I can do better. And so I have been every now and again laying waste to peaceful travelers.

Basically did anyplace strike you as a good place as an ambush?
Which holds are the best to terrorize?
And if any which companion do you think is best suited to back you up during your murder and looting of the people braving the roads? Right now I am going around with Faendal but I feel like he isn't the best option at higher levels. I already had him train me to 50.
If you can give reasoning that would be cool.

I had an idea like this. You would use the BIGwooly hardcore rules, you know, eating and sleeping, and kill anyone you see on the road. It sounded pretty cool, til I realized that it would be impossible to sell my good, since I'm a bandit.

JakeGeorge!

Orc Life
Any of the holds that lack a wall and a loading screen to get into would be best in my opinion. You can run in, kill whoever, steal sweetrolls, and then make off into the night without a second thought. Also, Riverwood, Rorikstead, and of the many small farms and mining villages along the sides of the road.

JakeGeorge!

Orc Life
Robber's Gorge or whatever it's called might be a good place to set up camp. And I'm sure there are other people besides Delvin who would be willing to buy stolen goods.

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
Thanks for the replies. Yeah one thing i like about being a highwayman type bandit is that since they dead you can take without needing a fence.

Gowsh

Old Fart
There are a few locations where fortifications span the road. One's on the road from Whiterun to Ivarstad, sorry I don't recall the name.

I wonder if there'd be sufficient NPC foot traffic to make lurking fun and profitable? Of course, you'll have to oust the current occupants.

Luck.

Madrar

The Shadow in the Dark.
My Khajiit assassin lady often waits for her prey on the road near Solitude. Lot's of Imperials and noblemen moving through there. Well, in my experience. and as you said in Dark purposes "One bodyguard!"

Neriad13

Premium Member
I had an idea like this. You would use the BIGwooly hardcore rules, you know, eating and sleeping, and kill anyone you see on the road. It sounded pretty cool, til I realized that it would be impossible to sell my good, since I'm a bandit.

Not necessarily. You'd still have a chance to run into traveling Khajiits to barter with if your bounty is too high to walk into cities. I think that'd be a really challenging, hardcore game, like the first part of Bigwooly's current journal. He's definitely proven that it could be done.

Clau

The Fateless One
I tried establishing and RPing a make believe bandit life prior to me joining the thieves guild. Did the side quest involving Fjola. I just sneaked in and finished the quest without killing a single bandit inside the fort. For a time, those bandits were non-hostile. That allowed me to attack nobles and other patrolling Legionaires / Stormcloaks on nearby areas.

It was fun being a felon for awhile. One night, as I entered Mistwatch, the bandits were now hostile.

I called it mutiny. Suspecting that Fjola wanted me dead, I eliminated her.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts