Spoiler Patch 1.5.26 Problems and Bugs(Possible Spoilers)

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
Train, I've had very few glitches as well. On both the 360 and PS3 versions of the game. I think the worst one was the Blood on the Ice not finishing glitch on the PS3 that I've encountered. As far as the 360? Just usual freeze ups, which merely are annoying and if you save a lot, shouldn't be too much of a problem. I count myself fortunate.

Train

Is that all you got?!
Oh yes, the freezing, forgot about that, sometimes I can play all day pretty much and it never freezes, then other times it happens only minutes after starting, always on loading screens. Also forgot to mention I'm on the 360. I wonder what causes the indescrepencies between one disc and another...hmmm...could be that they're burnt from different master discs, but that seems strange. Could be the console itself, or maybe something loaded in the console...that's all beyond my expertise, I know enough about coding errors and stuff to be dangerous, I just don't know enough to explain this phenomenon...

Jersey Dagmar

I've always wondered myself. I've had more issues overall with the PS3 version versus the 360 version. Given the PS3's specs, you WOULD think he could handle a game like Skyrim better. But, it simply does not. However, on other games, the PS3 runs them just fine. Like on Red Dead Redemption, the PS3 version run better than the 360 version. It's enough to make your head explode.

Skullrattla

Button Pusher
Train: You run for cover, before saying what system you're using? How dare you.

ah, ok.

Train

Is that all you got?!
I can explain that, however, J.T. Jester. I hope this at least explains why there's different bugs for one system and not the other, also why patches break some things wile fixing others, it's all because of the two different platforms. The coding inside the PS3 and 360 is completely different, I haven't studied the difference, but it boils down to how they store data that's been collected for short term access (i.e. the stuff behind the character that isn't displaying currently, whether that's loaded or not, the stuff in the distance and when that will be loaded or at least gathered depending on the character's speed and direction, and ultimately how far the draw distance is for individual objects, also how loaded items are dealt with, etc), how they collect that data for short term access, also how the scripts themselves run period. The hardware and coding of the hardware for these systems are very different, so when making a game for them, one must understand the hardware and software for that system.

Bethsoft is used to making games for Windows, they've also made games for the original Xbox as well as the 360 before which can't be that different in its essence from Windows, so they know that system better than the Sony Play Station. There's just enough difference between the two to make it a nightmare, and I do wouldn't blame Bethsoft for having trouble with it, it's not their fault, if Sony or Microsoft wanted their systems to be smooth for cross platform games, they should have dropped the petty squabbling and built systems that worked the same. I do not think games should be made to cross platforms unless the other platform is identical in design, but then what would even be the point in have different systems? I think the solution is that people should just bite the bullet, if you buy a 360, then all you can play are 360 games, and vice versa for the PS. It's worked well for Nintendo for years, there may be some cross platform games for it as of late, but I can't think of any, which means there aren't many. However, doing this could actually kill the gaming industry, if devs had to choose between making a game for one system or the other, then they'd be up s**t creek without a paddle if one system ever started beating down the other (infact, Sony would already be in serious trouble since more people own 360s, and if more people own 360s then devs would only design games for that at never Sony)

Not trying to get into a platform war here, but Microsoft would always beat Sony, we're talking a Bill Gates here...Bill Gates, this isn't about who's better, it's about who makes more money and can control the market, though money also does buy better coders to work on stuff, nuff said.

BrthrhdOfSteel

The Goose Assassin
^ This happened to me too. I NEVER had issues with bugs or glitches....Mabe a few random things, but nothing noteworthy or even things that i remember.....they were that small......thats why this last patch was so devistating to me. After never realy having issues in the past, then all of a sudden many many issues. AFTER a patch that was supposed to fix a bunch of issues i have never seen b4......But, if u read the red lettering in my fist post on this thread, i think most of the issues have been addressed. Im on xbox, and the fix above worked for me......

If anyone uses these fixes and it doesnt work, please tell me so i can try to address them.......Otherwise, i will probably stop following this thread. So try the fixes i have posted if u have issues with multiple NEW bugs........I think that these fixes only resolve problems that came about with the new patch. There r other VERY good threds on this website that address issues people were having b4 the new patch.

Jersey Dagmar

While Bill Gates has a lot of money, he wasn't personally involved into the creation of the Original Xbox, nor the 360. Just as Microsoft makes software, as well the hardware for the Xbox, Sony also makes another products as well. And Sony has been in the gaming business longer than Microsoft. While more folks have the 360 over the PS3, is merely because the 360 game out first.

Even with the PS3 version of the game, the only HUGE glitch I experienced was the Blood on the Ice quest not working correctly. However, these new glitches and problems make me glad I've been playing the game back on my 360. At this point, it's gonna take Bethesda years to fix everything. Are they still releasing patches for Oblivion?

Gandolfi

Just installed the new "patch" 1.5? that came out for the PS3 this week and game is WAY WORSE!! Never had issues besides the occasional freeze. All this for extra kill cams and stuff? Game has frozen 3 times when I try to enter water. So frustrating. Can you uninstall a patch/update on the PS3? I didn't think you could do this....miserable after playing happily to (so far) level 57. Grrrrrr (Cave bear snarl) Damn Bethesda....

Jersey Dagmar

Yes, you can delete the patch. Jeez, the PS3 folks really got screwed this time. Seriously, how the hell do you avoid going underwater in the game? Some quests require it! Now this is a game breaking glitch if I ever saw one.

xSuoiveDx

Dave, The Quiet One.
Just installed the new "patch" 1.5? that came out for the PS3 this week and game is WAY WORSE!! Never had issues besides the occasional freeze. All this for extra kill cams and stuff? Game has frozen 3 times when I try to enter water. So frustrating. Can you uninstall a patch/update on the PS3? I didn't think you could do this....miserable after playing happily to (so far) level 57. Grrrrrr (Cave bear snarl) Damn Bethesda....

Have you read this.....
Consoles - Patch 1.5.26 Water Bug | Skyrim Forums

BrthrhdOfSteel

The Goose Assassin
The best way i have seen to fix this is to uninstall syrim from ur ps3, then reinstall it. This has worked for many people on ps3 and it worked for me. DO NOT uninstall the patch, just the game, or u will have to do it all over again

ShenziSixaxis

Article Writer
Just to clarify the above post since it's not worded particularly good: the fix for the patch is to go delete the GAME DATA on the hard drive. Not your saves, but the game data. This will be a few GBs of data, around 5. To reinstall it, pop the Skyrim disc into the PS3 and it'll automatically start to install it again.

I use the PS3 but won't get to play this till' tomorrow night (I work of of town) I have a couple of questions:
1) Is the update mandatory?
2) If so, am I correct that I can fix the glitches by deleting the game data but can I keep my saves and still delete the game data?
3) Are there good instructions anywhere?

Gandolfi

Ahhhhh......okay fixed it. I never noticed the "Game Data" section and was worried about deleting my Mage. Thanks for the help fellow-playas!

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts