• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Ravenna

Its eyes are black, its skin is white
Has anyone else seen that youtube skyrim playthrough called "Felix the Peaceful Monk"?
He's playing as a Kahjiit, and he doesn't kill anything. He uses like, calm spells and fear spells, alot of restoration.
He also uses weak enchanted weapons that have like fear or calm so that if he has to he can strike an enemy without killing him.

I don't know what his latest video is but on the video I'm on he's level 21 and hasn't killed anything yet.

Does anyone else think that's a really cool idea? I think I'm gonna do that when I get a chance to play again, instead of being a necromancer, cuz y'know to be honest, finding a dead body in real life (not joking) yesterday kind of traumatized me. hhaaha

brandon

it sounds cool but you cant really do to many quest lines without killing someone or something. trust me i know how you feel about finding a dead person. you didnt kill them did you.

Ravenna

it sounds cool but you cant really do to many quest lines without killing someone or something. trust me i know how you feel about finding a dead person. you didnt kill them did you.
I sure enough did. No he was a family friend that's worked for us a good 20 years. Found him dead yesterday morning, in the dark, body having succumbed to rigor mortis, hanging off the side of his bed. I keep telling people that he reminded me of a dead haunted tree, the way his body was, they just didn't seem to understand. lol

MushroomGenius

Jarl of Fungi, Great Khal of the Mushraki
I wondered if this path was at all possible. In some MMOs, I've played backline support/healer types (Clerics) and enjoyed it as a change of pace to frontline tanks or damage dealing mages... I'd definitely be interested in trying this, sadly there are so many other builds I want to play also.... *sigh*

Side note - sorry to hear about your RL experience, I've never witnessed something like that, but I can imagine it would shake me up quite a bit.

brandon

I sure enough did. No he was a family friend that's worked for us a good 20 years. Found him dead yesterday morning, in the dark, body having succumbed to rigor mortis, hanging off the side of his bed. I keep telling people that he reminded me of a dead haunted tree, the way his body was, they just didn't seem to understand. lol
that sucks my grandpa died two weeks ago and the army was nice enough to get me and my son home in time for the funeral.

Couthful

Tamriel Adventurer
Felix sounds very unique and likely fun playstyle. I'm still trying to figure out how I want to do my next character once the patch comes out.

Jaeger

Does undead count? With Necromage and high level restoration anti-undead spells you can do a number on dragon priests.

You can also hang back and provide healing hands to a tank although some dungeons you have to leave your follower behind because they can't jump down a destroyed stairs (like the one with the animal allegiance word wall).

Mabe

As an EMT I see dead bodies all too often. Its nothing to be traumatized over. It happens to all of us. Everyone that has ever lived has gone thru death and everyone alive today will die and become a dead body someday. Take some solice in the fact that he passed relativly peacefully in his sleep. There are much worse ways to go.

Your right about the look of a dead body. Its a subtle difference vs them sleeping, but a few small changes to their skin tone and eyes make a huge difference in their overall appearance.

Couthful

Tamriel Adventurer
I've seen plenty of dead bodies myself as a former hospital morgue transporter but no matter how many you see on the job or at war it doesn't prepare you for when you see someone you know/care for in that state...

Ravenna

As an EMT I see dead bodies all too often. Its nothing to be traumatized over. It happens to all of us. Everyone that has ever lived has gone thru death and everyone alive today will die and become a dead body someday. Take some solice in the fact that he passed relativly peacefully in his sleep. There are much worse ways to go.

Your right about the look of a dead body. Its a subtle difference vs them sleeping, but a few small changes to their skin tone and eyes make a huge difference in their overall appearance.
Turns out he died of a heart attack and tried to pull himself off the bed to try to get help before he died.