• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Storm777

I loved Parthy! He let me roast marsh-mellows on his face. I did want to officially become a Blade, but not at the cost of the elder dragon's life.

I just wish I could use a shout where Paarthurnax comes to my aid instead of Odahviing.

Tilse

Spellsword
Nope, didn't feel the need to. I never really liked Delphine anyway so I really did not care to gain her approval or whatever. He just wasn't "evil" enough to really deserve death.

PrisonerLizzie

Delphine told me that I had to kill Paarth at the peace council, I promptly drew my blade and engaged her Inigo Montoya style in a battle to what I hoped would be her death. Needless to say it didn't work out quite as planned (does anything?) but it was epic and Paarth lives!

Prometheus

I've had dozens of characters and only one of them I killed Paarthurnax because I wanted to role-play a blade. But after a went to the grey beards and Arngier shouted at me I deleted the character and swore never to kill him again

mamali

no i didnt kill Paarthurnax cuz he never did anything bad to me , he helped me , the guy is nice :)

Bad-People

Supreme Overlord of the Barbarian Tribe of Hothor
Here's a question. Would killing Paarthunax improve the Ebony Blade?

Mi-Ilu Yahaz

No Way! There is no way in Oblivion I would kill Uncle Paarthurnax! (Heck, if it were possible, I wouldn't have killed Alduin if it was an option). My reason: His logic is sound. Not the bullcrap Blades logic of, "He helped us, therefore he needs to die." Yes, I get he did some horrible things to the nords/humans... but that was a thousand years ago. Seriously, get over it (Plus I'm a Dunmer, so I like to think their logic does not apply to me. In other words, I don't give a flying s**t). Second, Paarthurnax admits that he knows what he did was wrong, and that he maybe does deserve to die that is an instant win. You don't here the Blades admitting that their ancestors hunting an entire species to extinction was wrong. Plus, the Blades preach that the Dragonborn is supposed to be their leader (or at least that is how they make it seem to me...) and how it is their duty to protect you, then proceed to boss you around. Screw you too Delphine! Plus, the Greybeards and Paarthurnax were much more helpful than the other Old Farts. I can't even muster my evil Argonian assassin to kill him, and he eats other people just for the fun of it -_-!... Maybe later...
Lastly: Paarthurnax = Mario, that's an instant win

aussiegirlz

I did not - will not kill Parthy - same reasons as everyone else mentioned. And now I have a daughter that talks to him in her dreams so - yeah - he is like family. :bluedragon:

Soloquendi

Pastor of Muppets
Why label this thread spoiler when the spoiling part is in the title?

Xivia4

^That always bothered me about this thread. The spoiler tag is so pointless if said spoiler is in the title. Like WTF? o_O

Mi-Ilu Yahaz

System of Solace

I didn't kill him. Then, when I went back to the blades, they were gone. Never saw them again.

Parthurnaax is amazing, listening to him talk is one of my favorite things to do. Plus you have got to respect the decisions he has made. Just on those (decisions) grounds you can't kill him. But my question is if you do is there a storyline more with Delphine and Esbern?

Ned

Nerevarine
No, of course not. Ned has done some vile things, including murder for fun and eating priests for dinner with friends, but he is not totally without a soul.

Killing Paarth is the single most terrible thing you can do in Skyrim.

ShenziSixaxis

Article Writer
I did at one point on one save file (and kept a back up of just before I attacked him) to see what happened if I did, and... well, it's not worth it, really. Even after getting all the words of power from the Graybeards I don't think it's worth it. I don't like followers, and Delphine and Esbern are terrible people (though interesting characters).

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts