Spoiler Paarthurnax Quest After-Effects

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

JClarke1953

I had no clue killing old Par made one; Master of the Dovakin.

Thing is, even so, if the Dragon's are still dive bombing, and you char is "Master", then Master of what if the Dragonborn cannot halt the attacks short of going on a hunt from one side of Skyrim to the other, with the Blades and Blade recruit's?

Being a Master is nothing if one is Master OF nothing. So, unless the title of Master is going to really mean something, I see no point in killing Par. It's like becoming a full Vampire Lord, perk tree filled and such. Then what? You run errands to kill renegade Vamps, just like you continue to run errands after becoming Guildmaster, and more errands after becoming The Listener.

Lifts-Her-Tail

You know what Nordic everything you said back to you and I hope you never return and if you do it's ten years too soon

Naginata

Huntress of the Shadows
Oh go fu** yourselves you stupid pieces of pl*** now I gotta go back to work something you people know nothing about bye

Now look who is being rude. And who are you to assume we know nothing about work? You know nothing about any of us, and as far as I am concerned, you are a rude and disrespectful charlatan.

Naginata

Huntress of the Shadows
Watch your mouth. This forum has no time for your attitude, swearing, and lack of respect.

Lifts-Her-Tail

Naginata I totally agree for all he knows we cold work harder than him and he thinks he can come here and ruins people's fun and enjoyment and people like that are just disrespectful and just plain arrogant and its just unwanted and unneeded behaviour

Naginata

Huntress of the Shadows
Leave. Now. How many times do we have to say it. You clearly need help. You yell at us and cuss us out, but keep crawling back here because we give you attention. So guys, lets never post on this idiots discussions ever.

You're right. This is my last time of having to deal with this guy.

JClarke1953

Sheesh sorry I didnt think about any spoilers.. sorry but if you havent plsyed Skyrim by now then you must be livin under a rock

I only began playing about Springtime of this year, and, well, I see no rock above my head (maybe in my head?). But I for one, having nailed Alduin 3x already never knew what resulted in killing Par. Though, the thought neve entered my mind, as he had changed, and was helping.

Thing is, from what I've experienced, and read, being "Master" means squat in this game. Like I wrote Bethesda, there has to be something "more" for the Dovakin when the title's of Guildmaster, The Listener, and a Vampire Lord than "running errand's".

JClarke1953

Oh go fu** yourselves you stupid pieces of pl*** now I gotta go back to work something you people know nothing about bye

You know something Nord? I'm disabled and sort of retired (I'm going to be 60 this year). So, If you want to talk about work, I would gladly tell you what I started out as my first job at age 13. You Nord I believe is the one who is clueless about what WORK really is.

Lady Imp

Rabid Wolverine
Guys....this dude is only gonna keep it up if we keep fighting with him. That's what he wants - attention. I realise that some of the things that are being said are lighting a fire under a lot of us and we're all passionate people who want to come back at it, but maybe if we just forget it, don't respond, and don't feed him his attention, he'll go away.

Maybe.

*crosses fingers*

And there's always the friendly "report" button. :p

Naginata

Huntress of the Shadows
Guys....this dude is only gonna keep it up if we keep fighting with him. That's what he wants - attention. I realise that some of the things that are being said are lighting a fire under a lot of us and we're all passionate people who want to come back at it, but maybe if we just forget it, don't respond, and don't feed him his attention, he'll go away.

Maybe.

*crosses fingers*

You truly speak words of wisdom, my friend. :) Agreed. I'm officially un-watching this thread.

Twiffle

i have to admit that some of my post was due to ignorance as i didnt see his ''rep'' or lack of it, , my main thing is HOW DO I BLOCK AN A** LIKE HIM ?

Twiffle

Saozig

Hippy

There's also the ignore list. When you put someone on your ignore list, the threads they create don't even show up in the main forum list s you don't see them and thus aren't tempted to get involved with them. You'll only the thread on the front page if someone's made the most recent comment in that thread.

Also, before replying to this guy ever again, I'd advise everyone to read this article, because it was basically written about people like him:

A good fandom is successful by having a diverse community of people who share a mutual interest in the shared object of the fandom, but nevertheless remain mature and sensible enough to tolerate and respect differences of opinion. Most people in fandoms actually are like this.

Then there's Fan Dumb. Fan Dumb is the underbelly, where Serious Business becomes obsession. They are the fans who claim to be the watchdogs of their fandom, but in reality, they're the rabid dogs that need putting down (it's tempting to say literally).

The key characteristics of a Fan Dumb tend to be someone with an over-developed sense of entitlement and/or victimization and (usually) an under-developed sense of humour or perspective about the subject of their fandom, coupled with an obsessive level of an interest and (frequently) some rather irrational views on the whole thing....

They are nearly always someone who has completely lost perspective on exactly how important or special the show, the fandom and their views on same is in the scheme of things, and don't understand why others don't feel the same as they do. As a result of all of this, they tend to view even polite or minor disagreement with them and their views as a personal attack, which often leads to them adopting an irrationally combative, defensive tone towards others in response; in discussion, they will usually resort to unrelated 'ad hominem' attacks on others and place value judgments on them, not their arguments — expect snide comments about race, gender, sexual orientation, age, etc. ("Oh, you just think that because you're black/female/gay/old....!")....

The end result of all this is someone who believes passionately that they're the champion elite of the fandom, guarding and preserving what makes it special, whilst ultimately contributing little of any actual value to the property or the fandom, even contributing to its ruining in the process....

....differing viewpoints are inevitable in a large gathering of people (and knee-jerk objection to a differing opinion simply because it's a differing opinion is often a good sign that you belong in Fan Dumb yourself), and most people join fandoms in the first place because they're passionate about something and they want to celebrate it with other people who find it special. Many people manage to hold contrary or passionately enthusiastic viewpoints whilst still remaining civil and decent; similarly, many dismissed as Fan Dumb hold views that, on the surface, are actually quite reasonable. The problem with Fan Dumb is not the level of interest or the viewpoint, but the way it is expressed; even a reasonable argument will sound insane if it's being screamed in someone's face.

Taking these fans too seriously is usually a mistake. Although they tend to be louder than the rest of the fanbase combined, they are usually a decided minority in almost every fandom (though they often claim to be a majority).... (read the full article here: Fan Dumb - Television Tropes & Idioms )

Fan Dumb - Television Tropes & Idioms

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts