Spoiler Paarthurnax: A Choice

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

HrlQuinn

I don't think it's safe here...
So I wasn't sure what to do until I saw this thread, I mean you're right, Paarthurnax does not deserve to die, he's awesome and I like him. I wish I could ride on him tho, that would be sooo amazing.

Chryss

As far as I know, beyond killing Parthonax, there are no Blades quests. It ends there. They might give you random dragon locations but thats it.

I did not kill Parthonax, his wisdom is sound and after talking to him, my decision was clear. He needs to live. Perhaps if Bethesda decides to throw in an expansion where the questline continues, the choices will be come more viable, but for now they fall flat. No point in killing a wise old dragon.

theosbornia

well funny story, i really was like fluff you bitches to the blades, then when i got out of sovengard i accidently hit paarthurnax with a shout (dropped controller) and he became hostile and i killed him (couldnt reload a save because auto save was off D: and now the blades and greybeards wont talk to me) D: (GLITCH)

DarthVane

The Thu'um is Strong in this One
As far as I know, beyond killing Parthonax, there are no Blades quests. It ends there. They might give you random dragon locations but thats it.

I did not kill Parthonax, his wisdom is sound and after talking to him, my decision was clear. He needs to live. Perhaps if Bethesda decides to throw in an expansion where the questline continues, the choices will be come more viable, but for now they fall flat. No point in killing a wise old dragon.

The blades do give you the opportunity to recruit new members, so there is some gameplay for their side. Unfortunately, it ends at the recruiting, making the Graybeard's shout-finding powers superior, IMO.

stagnant94

how do you get the option for this quest? I've completed the storyline but didn't receive this quest

Anybody that has an issue with him "deserving" to die had better not be a Dark Brotherhood member! The Blades give you a contract, and whomever gives you a contract--in there eyes the target "deserves" to die.

Wolfchant

im in the clear then, i sought out the dark brotherhood and ripped every last one of em to shreds with my werewolf

Elgrif

Skooma Alchemist
After the council at the Greybeards between General Tullius and Ulfric Stormcloak Delphine practically runs at me and gives me this quest to slay the dragon. I was a bit pissed simply because i didnt even want this quest in my quest log. I followed Delphine as she was walking out of the Greybeards and when we both ended up outside I shouted her off the mountain. I'm not sure if this does anything to her or not, but i havent seen her since. Good riddance in my opinion.

The Blades quests dont even seem worth the trouble for me. I'm not fond of their armor or weapons (Samurai style) and also for the Blades quests, arent you required to kill other Blades members after recruiting them? I could be wrong on that assumption but I read somewhere that it says something about recruiting more blades members and then having to kill them.

That is just amesome sire, lmao.

I just left them in the ruins never to return.

Rikve

Spare the dragon, KILL the Blades! I'm no high elf lover (Nord) but man they piss me off, so if I run into them again I'm sure as hell going to try.

To the person who wants to "complete" the game: you can't ever truly complete it anyway, so why do this? The whole point of these games to -me- is to play a character and investigate how you think they'd react to a certain situation. Then you can always try new options in new iterations of the game. To each their own though eh?

ATL1EN

Does no one else play the game to complete it? I mean why not get everything you need from the grey beards and the dragon then kill him just to do the blades quest? I mean thats why I buy video games to finish them not to say oh this characters better than this one so ill forget about this part of the game. Maybe im the only one here that treats it like a game, and a game you play to complete it.

im with you man. i plan on doing the same.

ACEHOLE_76

there is a mod that give you a new option in dialoge. it is basicly i am your boss i amthe dragone born i will nto be killing him and that is final. tbh this is how it should be, they should do as the say as they have been waiting for me for 100s of years. if you play in the PS3 or Xbox sorry......