• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
I was just posting about Dragon's Dogma here: Help! I'm bored of Skyrim | Skyrim Forums
and thought I would ask of any games you like that are simular to Skyrim in the sense that it's sandboxed, has adventure, medieval feel about it. I know Skyrim is difficult to campare to many games because it raised the paradigm for the genre. I considered the previous Elderscrolls game but considering it's age I think it would be too disappointing after playing Skyrim.

Any suggestions besides Dragon's Dogma?

Niq

I can think of a few, have you tried -
Dragon age (theres a few in that series)
Kingdoms of Amalur
The witcher 2 (this is not Sandbox technically)
Divinity 2 - dragon knight
Lost Oddysey (this is not really easilly compared to skyrim but it is a great RPG)
These games all have similar aspects to Skyrim whilst still being original ...

I can think of a few, have you tried -
Dragon age (theres a few in that series)
Kingdoms of Amalur
The witcher 2 (this is not Sandbox technically)
Divinity 2 - dragon knight
Lost Oddysey (this is not really easilly compared to skyrim but it is a great RPG)
These games all have similar aspects to Skyrim whilst still being original ...

Thanks. I'll look into these. I watched some of Dragons Age 2 and it looked cool but the fighting looked too unreal. At least the scene I saw had a ring around a group of enemies while the player spent a good minute telling the PC/console how to attack. That's what I didn't like about Of Orcs and Men. You spend 30 seconds to tell the game how to fight the next 3 seconds. I like the raw gameplay combat of Skyrim and Dragon's Dogma.

Niq

In that case avoid Lost Oddysey it is a turn based RPG... great game, but probs not up your street.
To be fair Skyrim is a master class for all teh other developers so i wouldnt expect to play a better game... not just yet anyway

Neriad13

Premium Member
The previous TES games aren't disappointing at all - they're awesome and a great way to fill the void, unless you've got a problem with older graphics. Though personally, I think that Morrowind and Oblivion still look great. In fact, they're just about the only games that I've found that can fill the void with any degree of adequacy. Games like those just don't come around all that often.

Niq

I agree with Neriad13 totally, the only reason i didnt list TES games is because op already stated he was'nt a fan. but in my opinion Oblivion is still great! esp GOTY edition, which has both expansions on it.

I'll look at the system requirements for Oblivion. Lord knows I won't buy any TES games for console.

Niq

Haha i might regret saying this but here it goes (touch wood) - iv played through oblivion and i am currently working my way through skyrim and so far no bugs in either! both on the 360!

- but to be fair i am very jealous of the modding available

Neriad13

Premium Member
Haha i might regret saying this but here it goes (touch wood) - iv played through oblivion and i am currently working my way through skyrim and so far no bugs in either! both on the 360!

- but to be fair i am very jealous of the modding available

Whoa! Don't ever uncross those fingers! :eek: Though I suppose that would make gameplay difficult.

mamali

Prince of Persia games (like warrior withen which is in my top 5 games of all time ) , Assassin's creed games , kingdom of Amular : Reckoning , Dragon age II , Dark siders II , Dark souls and Assassins of Kings
i guess that's it :)

Niq

Whoa! Don't ever uncross those fingers! :eek: Though I suppose that would make gameplay difficult.
haha yea your right, it does make gameplay difficult but im not uncrossing them, becasue i have heard about some of the glithces and bugs. i have GOTY edition of oblivion, which i suppose had all the updated patches and what not.

Niq

Prince of Persia games (like warrior withen which is in my top 5 games of all time ) , Assassin's creed games , kingdom of Amular : Reckoning , Dragon age II , Dark siders II , Dark souls and Assassins of Kings
i guess that's it :)
i agree that Assassin's creed games are immense, but i dont think of them as being RPG... maybe just my take.
kingdoms of amular and darksiders are good games, if not a little easy and short, but still worth a look.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts