• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, thanks for visiting our fan fiction section. You should only write stories that aren't related to your character's encounters, if you wish to write a story about your character please post an entry in your blog.

Before reading or writing a story, please make sure to read this thread. Thanks, Guest, and we hope you enjoy this section.

Journal of Oriana the Relentless

4th Heartfire - somewhere in skyrim

After saying goodbye to my mother, I got on the carriage and left my home in Chorrol for the wilds of Skyrim. Before my carriage pulled away, my mother handed me this book. She asked me to write of my experiences in Skyrim so that when we meet again, I could read it to her and fill her in on the moments she missed in my life. There are some things about me that those who read this should know. My name is Oriana. My mother is an Altmer and my father is an Orc. I grew up in the town of Chorrol in Cyradiil. My mother owns a small shop and has taken care of me since birth. She takes great pride in her Altmer heritage and has raised me in their ways. I am now on my way to the hidden orcish stronghold of Kozurig Bal which is high on a mountain between Helgen and Falkreath in Skyrim. My mother told me about strongholds and the code of Malacath. She lived in Kozurig Bal with my dad when I was born. After my birth, she was cast out by the chief Garok becausse she wasn't blood kin. She took me back to her home in Cyradiil and never returned to see my fother. Today, fifteen years later, my father sent my mother a letter that said I am to return to the place of my birth. I am curious about the stronghold and the orcs living there as I have never met an orc before. It has grown dark now. I am out of light and must sleep. Maybe when I awake I will arrive at my new home.

7th Heartfire - Kozurig Bal

I have finally arrived at my new home. My father was happy to see me. I found it amusing that he didn't know my name. When I told him that I am called Oriana, he presented me to the other orcs as Oriana gra-Daruk. I guess that is my orcish name. I got to meet everyone in the stronghold including the chief and his wives. It seems odd for one man to have so many wives and the others to have none. Life in the stronghold is so different, and I am really displeased with not being able to go outside of the stronghold. The other orcs look at me like I'm from some other planet. My skin tone and facial features are orcish like theirs, but I am much thinner and have golden hair like my mother. Tomorrow, my dad is going to show me how to mine something called malachite ore. I will think of it as an adventure because I have never mined before.

8th Heartfire - Kozurig Bal Longhouse

I hate mining. No, let me rephrase that. I despise mining with every fiber of my being. The pickaxe is very cumbersome. I had a hard time swinging it when I started out this morning. The orcish girls were laughing and calling me "puny half-breed". I'll show them. Even though I hate mining, I'll keep trying until I can dig up more ore than every one of them put together. After a long, miserable day in the mines, my father and I went back to the longhousse to eat. All of that mining made me as hungry as a giant. I sat at a table in the longhouse waiting for my father to serve the meal. What he put on my plate looked absolutely putrid. He called it Lorzung. I asked what it was since it looked like nothing I have ever eaten before. He then told me that it was marinated goat's leg with gourd sauce and a hint of garlic.. What made matters worse was the fact that it smelled worse that it looked. Since it is custom in the stronghold ot eat only what you are offered, I took a bite. To my surprise, it actually tasted delicious. I actually devoured it all til there was none left on my plate. My father smiled and said, "An appetite like an orc! I would have never guessed.". Before I went to bed, I got a chance to talk to my father a little more. He told me of how he and my mother met. One day, my father was out hunting around the mountains outside the stronghold. He came to a main road at the moment when my mom fall off her horse. He helped her to the stronghold where the chief let her stay until her wounds were healed. The two fell in love, and a year later I was born. The orcs let her continue to live in the stronghold untill I was born then proceded to cast her out. I told him it sounded more tragic than romantic, and then asked if he ever missed my mother. He said that he thought of her and I every day, but he was afraid of leaving the stronghold and angerring Malacath. He told me that my duty for tomorrow is to learn how to smith. He said it was an honor that the forge wife was going to be the one to teach me. As I lay in bed, I thought of mother and home. I really miss my old life. Everything was so much easier back home. I know I must stay here, but I wonder if I am cut out for the harsh way of life in the stronghold.

9th Heartfire - Kozurig Bal Longhouse

I was awakened at dawn by a girl who couldn't be a year over ten. She explaned that her mother was the forge wife and that she and her mother were going to teach me how to smith. My first thought was, "How hard could smithing be if you can do it?", but I kept my thoughts to myself. She led me out to the forge where her mother was sitting at a weird contraption that made sparks come from her sword. "Borza, why don't you show Oriana around the forge?", the woman asked her little girl. Borza with a smile on her face told me about the forge, the workbench, and the grindwheel and their functions. The forge wife gloated, "Borza learned how to smith as soon as she was able to hold a hammer.". She gave me some bricks of metal she called iron ingots and told the little girl to teach me how to forge a dagger. Let's just say that it took more that a couple of tries. It was especially embarrassing that the little girl Borza had to correct all of my mistakes. The forge wife told me, "I like your spirit, Oriana. You never give up. You have the nature of a true orc, Oriana the Relentless.". I enjoyed the complement and the nickname, and was inspired to perfect the craft. After a while, I was making flawless iron daggers. It was almost dark when Romil the forge wife said, "I have to go help Ish and Komal prepare the meal. Borza, stay and help Oriana the Relentless clean up the forge. Oriana, you are doing a great job. Tomorrow, we will work on armor." After cleaning up, we went to the longhouse for the evening meal. My father searved me venison with carrots and apples. I couldn't remember the name of the dish because it was too long and hard to pronounce. It was pretty good, but I prefer the Lorzung. I passed by the chief's table to thank Romil and Borza for teaching me how to smith. They accepted my thanks and left for bed. I was about to go to bed as well, but the chief asked me to sit at his table. I took a seat at the table with the chief and his first wife. He asked me if I enjoyed living in the stronghold. I told him that I did and thanked him for giving me a chance to stay here with my father. All of a sudden, Ish abruptly left the table. I bid the chief good night and went to my bed. I really am displeased with the way the chief looks at me. I could tell that his first wife Ish was displeased too by the angry look on her face before she left. I told my father and he said it was nothing to worry about.

10th Heartfire - Kozurig Bal Longhouse

I have come to love smithing with Ramil and Borza. Everyone in the stronghold now calls me Oriana the Relentless because a group of orcs who work at the smelter heard Ramil call me by that name and told everyone else about it. Borza is really kind. She tries to help me out any way she can. When I accidentally forged an orcish sword that looked like an iron sword, she showed me what it was supposed to look like and helped me make one. After another day under Ramil and Borza's tutiledge, I can now forge flawless orcish weapons and armor. I smiled when Romil told me, "It won't be long til you are better than me at smithing.". I think I found my calling, but the chief wants me to train with the best orc warriors in the stronghold to see if I can defend the stronghold. So, that is what I'll be doing tomorrow. I'm really apprehensive about it. I hope I don't hurt anyone.

11th Heartfire - Kozurig Bal Longhouse

I awoke at first light to meet with the warriors. They were a father and son team and were considered the best in the stronghold. Anuk, the boy, is the same age as me. He demonstrated his skill by battling a mannequin with targets on its body and head. His father Zarug then said, "Enough showing off, Anuk! Let's teach this puny milk drinker how to weild a weapon.". I was then asked, "One-handed or Two-handed?". I had no idea of what he was talking about so I guessed two-handed. He then handed me an orcish warhammer that I had smithed yesterday. He ordered me to swing it at the target. It was so heavy I could barely pick it up. Anuk took the weapon out of my hands and asked his father for a dagger saying snidely, "Here, I hope this isn't too heavy for you." After giving him a contemptuous look, I set to my task. The dagger was very light, maybe too light. While I was swinging it, it flew out of my hand and hit the roof of the longhouse. The two warriors laughed while my cheeks flushed red with embarrassment. Anuk gave me a sword and demonstrated proper technique. "You're going to need practice, but not bad.", he said. His dad then handed me the last weapon, a bow and some orcish arrows. What the two warriors didn't know was that I have already trained with a bow. My mother was a superb archer and taught me how to shoot a bow when I was a girl. My aim was so good that she used to call me "eagle-eye". After being handed the bow, Anuk snickered and said, "Better get out of the way, father. There's no telling where she'll shoot that arrow.". I laughed and aimed at his chest making him think I was going to shoot him in the heart. He looked a little nervous until he saw me turn around and hit the bullseye of the target. Anuk's father laughed and said, "I think you're not cut out to be a warrior, but you'd make a great hunter." After a meal of slaughterfish and some weird looking cheese, my father told me that I will be hunting with the hunt wife tomorrow. She was impressed with what Anuk's father told her of my archery skills. I hope I can at least get hunting right. You just point at an animal and shoot it with your bow, right? It sounds easy enough.

Sorry it took so long for an update. Last month was a really busy month for me. :)

12th Heartfire - Kozurig Bal Longhouse

I was lying in my lumpy, uncomfortable bed having a most wonderful dream. Standing above my bed was the most incredible looking man I had ever seen. All I could see was his face, the most beautiful face I've seen in my life. He looked down at me smiling. He was trying to tell me something but I couldn't make out his words. Then he reached out and touched my arm. It felt so real. Then I saw a little girl who looked like Borza approach my bed. She was carrying a cup of water. This was getting odd. Why am I dreaming of Borza? While I lay there pondering the meaning of this odd dream, Borza lifted up the cup of water and threw it at my face. I awoke with the two orcs looking at me in a puzzled manner. "Thanks, Borza! I owe you one.", I heard the hansome guy say. "Any time, Urak. Any time.", Borza replied laughing. "What is going on here?", I asked them both. "I've been trying to wake you up for twenty minutes, but you wouldn't wake. That's when I asked Borza to see if she could get you up." he replied. "I didn't know she was going to throw water on you." He introduced himself as Urak, Komal's son. "Am I going hunting with you?" I asked. He told me that his mother, the hunt wife, was waiting outside for us. Borza then headed off to the forge as Urak and I went outside to meet Komal. "Where have you two been", Komal said, "I've about given up on you." I told Komal that I was having trouble waking up, and it was my fault. "I see you've met my eldest son, Urak.", Komal said. I nodded as she said, ""We need to hurry up if we want to get home by dark. Let's go." She handed me an orcish bow and some arrows and said, "Here is your bow. Take care not to lose it, or you'll have to smith another one. Today we will be hunting on foot. If your archery skill are as good as Zarug says, we will try hunting on horseback tomorrow." We walked for what seemed to be hours. Sometimes we would stop, and Komal or Urak would point out some tracks on the ground. Hunting was not as easy as I had thought. Each animal has different tracks that you have to identify so that you can find where they gather. "What are we hunting today?" I asked. "Elk and bear." Urak replied. "Don't scare her, Urak.", his mother scolded. "We are only hunting elk." She must have seen the frightened look on my face. Finally we stopped and hid in some bushes. "Take a look", Urak said. I peeked through the bushes and saw that we were at some kind of watering hole. There were many elk there. Some were drinking from the small pond, and some were grazing. "Urak, show her how it's done." Komal said with pride. Urak swiftly drew his bow and hit a large elk with massive antlers. The gravely injured elk managed to run off somewhere. "That's too bad. I thought it would be dead from such a blow. Should we try to shoot another one?" I asked. Komal pointed out that it wasn't necessary. She then said, "Urak, why don't you take Oriana and show her how to track prey? After that, we'll move on and let Oriana give it a try." Urak showed me how to move stealthfully so the prey wouldn't notice. He taught me about blood trails and reading tracks. It wasn't long until we found the elk Urak killed. Urak took the hide and meat from the elk and put it in a leather bag. "More food for the stronghold. I hope we get to have this for supper.", he said. Once we met up with Komal, she informed us of some tracks she found that lead to another watering hole. "Now don't shoot anything Urak. Let Oriana try to get a kill." Komal said in a chiding tone. We hid in the bushes while the mother and son waited on my move. I saw a big elk get up and run off. I tried to shoot it, but my arrow was not quick enough. "Beginners should try to shoot still prey." Urak said with a hint of a smirk on his face. I was waiting for my opportunity to make a decent kill, but I soon found out that we weren't the only ones looking for prey in this watering hole. I was just about to shout a big elk grazing by the lake when all of the sudden, a hugh sabre cat lunged at the elk sinking its sharp teeth into the elk's back. I was so angry at that sabre cat for stealing my prey that I shot it. It fell over dead as a doornail. "By Malacath! Two kills at one time!" Urak said in awe. I told him that I didn't kill the elk. The sabre cat did. Kamal and Urak were still impressed that I, an inexperienced beginner, was able to kill the sabre cat. "More food and pelts for the stronghold." Urak said with a big grin on his face. He then put the elk and sabre cat hides and venison in the leather sack. "Wait. Urak! You are forgetting something!", Komal said as she approached the dead animals. "Don't leave anything behind that the stronghold could use." She then took the antlers off the elk and the eyes and teeth from the sabre cat. "I'm sure Irgrul will be grateful for these." She explaned that Irgrul was the wise woman of the stronghold and the only orc in the stronghold that knew how to use magic and alchemy. It was almost dark when we finally reached the stronghold. "I'm going to help Ish and Romil with dinner. Why don't you two wash up?" Komal said as she entered the longhouse. "Come on." Urak said as he lead me to a nearby river. As we washed our hands in the crystal, clear water, we talked about the events of the day. "I think I'm going to call you Catslayer." Urak said with a laugh. "And I think I'll call you Elktracker." I retorted. We kept playfully agging each other on when I decided to pay him back for this morning. I cupped my hands and filled them with water and then spashed it in his face the moment he least expected. "Oh, you're going to get it!", he said. I thought he was going to splash me, but he stealthfully walked behind my back and pushed me into the water. "I wanted to go for a swim anyway.", I said laughing. "So did I.", he said as he jumped into the clear water. We splashed each other until it got dark. "We need to get out if we plan on eating supper." Urak said. I started to swim to the river bank when Urak put his hand on my sholder and said, "Wait. I think my foot is stuck." I grabbed his hand and pulled him out with no effort at all. "You saved my life.", he said with a hint of a smile on his face. "I must give you something to return the favor." I was about to tell him that he didn't have to give me anything when he moved in close and kissed me. It was the most glorious moment of my life, like something from a dream. We then walked to the longhouse in our dripping wet clothes. "Your foot wasn't really stuck, was it?", I asked him before he opened the door. "To tell the truth, no it wasn't. I've been wanting to kiss you since I saw you this morning.", he said with a wink. I think I'm going to like hunting.

13th Heartfire - Kozurig Bal Longhouse

Thankfully, I woke up peacefully instead of the rude awakening I experienced yesterday. The events of last night were still on my mind as I dressed and got ready for the hunt. I was so excited about seeing Urak again. After a breakfast of rabbit and some kind of salty gravy, I saw Komal walking over to my table. She said, "We better get ready if we want to get back before dinner." We went outside and she led me to a stable with five horses inside. "Do you know how to ride?", Komal asked. I told her that I have been riding since I was a child. She then chose a horse for me, a beautiful golden mare with a white mane and tail. "What's her name?" I asked. "We do not name any of our animals here in the stronghold." was the hunt wife's reply. When I asked why, she told me that they are not pets, and when they have outlived their usefulness, the orcs slaughter them and eat them. I looked at her in disbelief. "Just call her Horse." Komal said with a smile. I thought of the horse I had when I was a little girl. It looked just like this one except the mane and tail were a brownish color. I had named her Buttercup. She was my favorite horse. "Can I call her Buttercup?", I asked. Komal said, "Not unless you mind eating an animal that you named." "Horse it is, then." was my reply. We were riding through a beautiful valley when I first noticed Urak's absence. "Will Urak be joining us?" I asked. "No, he has guard duty today. Our chief Zamuz had to add more men to defend the stronghold because of recent troll attacks." Komal replied. I was dissapointed and worried at the same time. Trolls are dangerous creatures. I hope Urak will not be harmed. We rode for a while when Komal spotted a bear walking towards a cave. She showed me how to keep my balance on the horse, and how to adjust my aim. "Now, let's see if you can shoot it.", Komal said. The first arrow whizzed by the bear who didn't even notice. I gave it a couple more tries and finally was able to kill the bear. "Very Good." Komal said. "You are a fast learner, Oriana." We rode for another mile, and then it started raining. The dowpour showed no signs of letting up. In fact it was getting worse. "I have an idea.", Komal said. "Why don't we go back to the longhouse, and Ish and I will show you how to cook?" I agreed mostly because I was soaked to the bone and tired of riding. I wasn't looking forward to spending the afternoon with Ish, though. I got the impression that she really disliked me. We arrived at the longhouse a couple of hours before dinner. Komal said, "Great! You can help us cook supper." I told her that I had never cooked before, but she told me not to worry about it. When we walked in, I saw Ish standing by the fire stirring some greenish sauce in a cooking pot. "What is she doing here?", Ish asked with a contempuous look at me. "We are going to teach her how to cook, Ish. Please try to be not so disagreable.", Komal replied. "Oriana this is Ish. She is the chief's first wife." It turned out that we were cooking my favorite dish Lorzung for dinner that night. I was given the duty of watching the bread. Unfortunately, half of the loaves were burned when I pulled them off of the hearth. "You fool! Didn't your altmer mother teach you how to cook, or is she above doing housework?" Ish said in a harsh tone. "If you are going to talk about me and my mother like that, I'm going to leave. I'm sure Romil wouldn't mind a little more help at the forge." I said indignantly. "I wish you would leave. Go back to Cyradil and live with your altmer mother. You do not belong here!" Ish retorted. "I'm not cooking tonight if I have to put up with her." Ish then left her place at the fire and went outside. "What is the matter with her?", I asked Komal. She told me that Ish believes that the chief Zamuz has taken a liking to me, and that Ish can't tolerate competition. "Is that true?" I asked Komal. "Don't worry about it. Ish is just being paranoid and deluded." Komal replied. She then showed me how to marinate the goat's leg and how to make the sauce. "I think you are more cut out to hunt the food, not cook it.", Komal said as we were finishing up. We both laughed. "I think you're right.", I replied. My father had to guard the stronghold tonight, so Komal invited me to sit with her, Urak, and his little brother Gorbuk. "Oriana, I talked to Zamuz and he said that your duty will be to hunt to help supply the stronghold with fresh food and pelts.", Komal said as we were finishing our dinner. Urak and I couldn't keep our eyes off of each other. We even held hands under the table a couple of times. "What is with you two?" Gorbuk asked with a look of disgust on his face. We all laughed. I was on my way to bed when Komal stopped me and said, "I've decided that your hunting partner will be Urak. You two seem to be good friends. Urak begins the hunt really early, so I would go to bed right after dinner." I thanked Komal for all that she has taught me and went to bed. Hunting with Urak tomorrow? I can't wait!

19th Heartfire - Kozuring Bal Longhouse

Mother, I'm sorry I have neglected to write this week. I have been so busy hunting with Urak that I lost all sense of time. We do most of our hunting on foot. We sometime hold hands and take romantic strolls along the river. Mom, I think I'm falling in love. I am so distraught because Urak told me that he loves me, too; but he is not allowed to take a wife. He said only the chief may take a wife. That is why we have to keep our feelings for each other secret. Urak has made living in the stronghold bareable. I couldn't imagine a day in this place without him. He told me one time that if he wanted to marry, he would have to ask his father, chief Zamuz, if he could leave the stronghold. Even if he is allowed to leave, he still couldn't marry me because I would have to stay in the stronghold because I am not the daughter of the chief. He would have to marry a city orc. I'm not thinking about marriage now, but I know I want to marry Urak someday. I asked Romil if their was any way for the son of the chief to marry and stay in the stronghold. She said that he would have to kill his father in single combat. Then, he could become the chief and marry whoever he pleases. I was saddened by this because I know that Urak would never want to harm his father. They are the best of friends. So for now, I am content to hunt with Urak every day, so that we can be together in secret. At dinner today, my father announced that the chief has given him a high position in the tribe. He is to be a trader. It is his duty to travel to other strongholds and trade ore and other things with the orcs there. "Good news, Oriana! The chief said that you could come along with me.", he said. I acted like I was excited, but I didn't want to miss hunting with Urak. "When will we be leaving, father?", I asked in mock excitement. "We leave for Dushnikh Yal tomorrow to trade our malachite ore for their orichalcum ore , so get some sleep.", he replied. I told my father that I left my bow outside, and went to the river where Urak and I meet every night. I told him about my trip to Dushnikh Yah and asked if he knew anything about it. He told me that it was located in a place called the Reach and to be carefull because the hills in the Reach are full of forsworn. Seeing the questioning look on my face, he told me of how the forsworn lost their land to the Nords and of their vow to kill every Nord they see. "Well, I'm glad I'm not a Nord." I said. "I'm glad you're not a Nord, too.", Urak replied with a look of disgust on his face. "Nords are hideous." Urak kissed me good night. I then went to bed missing Urak already and apprehensive about the journey ahead.

More Updates...
Coming soon!

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts