• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Vixen

Neko, Vixen, jailbait
    A young woman sits at the tavern bar in Riften, she is easily noticeable with her sleek black hair and unusually long pointed ears. The numerous tribal tattoos covering her body attract the eye's of many in the establishment, piercing's lined their way up both of her ears.She was short, being a mere 5'2. Her revealing black leather armor was worn and dusty, just as the strange sword that hung from her hip had blood stained on the hilt. However, she paid no heed to the spectators as she ran her eye's once again over the large map in front of her, at last she stood up. As she spoke her accent rang out among the silence. "Five thousand septims and what ever treasure you find to those who are willing to accompany me into an ancient city with draugr, ghosts, and whatever other danger might appear. If you accept, all will be explained in due time." With her face turned toward the people, piercing's could be seen on her bottom lip as well as . Her bright blue eye's challenged those who would step forward. Vile will pay for making me do this. She thought bitterly, as she waited.

Kimrisvik

King of Scandinavia
    A large Nord got up from his bar stool, and turned around. His armor clinched for every move he made as he slowly walked forward. The people in the tavern got silent as they watched him walk towards the Bosmer woman who had just challanged all of them to join her on a dangerous quest. "Is he out of his mind!" One of the dockworkes asked his co-worker. But the Nord didn't seem to notice any of the shocked faces looking at him.

When he got over to the elfs table, he dragged out a chair, and took a seat without saying a word. He took a sip from his ale, and streched out his arm for her. "Hey, I'm Garren Rivers." He looked her deeply into the eyes as he spoke with a calm and deep voice. His long hair tied in a knot by his neck, to prevent it from covering his face. "I'd like to join you on that adventure you were talking about, if I may, of cource..."

Vixen

Neko, Vixen, jailbait
    Her accent was heard once more as she spoke. "You may, but before I continue. Are you sure this is what you wish? There will be no returning if danger appears." Her finger traced the rim of her mug. "You will be handsomely rewarded if I acquire what I seek."

Kimrisvik

King of Scandinavia
    Garren finnished his drink, and leaned back on his chair smiling. His eyes scanned over her quicky. She was a cute elf, maybe not his type, but cute. "Yes, of cource I'm sure. I've been waiting for a real adventure for months. I'm tired of fighting of bandits for almost no money. So count on me" He gave her a gentle smile, and scratched his untrimed beard.

Vixen

Neko, Vixen, jailbait
    "Very well." She pushed the map so he could see. It was worn and dusty, letters ran their way across the top in another language. "It says Akavaskir. It's an ancient Atmoran city." She pointed to a large chamber at the center of the map. "This is where we are going." She sat back in her chair and took a sip of ale.

Akhkharus

Diores couldn't help but to slump as he sat on one of the lone benches that greet any would-be visitors of the Bee and Barb tavern, out of money and out of luck in finding a job, making it even hard to supply himself when he starts to do favors for the poor. I can't believe even mercenaries experience poor business. he mused to himself as he grabbed his bow as if it was a single stringed harp, plucking on its bowstring to pass the time. I would take anything that pays at this point. ANYTHING!

A few minutes passed and nothing significant occurred, the tavern is a rich, fearful man too short for something significant for him to happen. Time to move on, I suppose. He fished out what remains of his gold from the pocket of his leather vest, the coins being there and not in his purse only mean he has a handful left. He opened up his palm with a mild satisfaction, his septims amounting to one mug of Black Briar mead.

He raised his weary arm and waved his hand at the serving Argonian a few tables away from his spot, the equally weary lizard instinctively knowing that what Diores wants is a mug of forgetful nectar. Meer moments passed and the Argonian arrived by his side, bearing a cold mug of mead and snatching the few coins on Diores' hand along with some pocket lint. Dibella, I ask for help. If the thought came out of his mouth, it would be with a tinge of mockery and a hint of honesty. The voice of a woman ringed through his ear as he chug down on his drink, Diores almost spraying out his savored drink at the mentioning of heavy payment.

Five thousand septims?! Thank you, divine Dibella. He set down his emptied mug on the end table beside him, standing up with great hopes and turning towards where the bearer of good news was. One look at the Bosmer and he immediately took notice of her captivating self - mostly of her rather revealing apparel that accentuated her figure. He shook himself of the surely unintended spell she cast on him, quickly filling his mind of the dire need to earn gold, more so as he gain realization of the threat - undead threat - that the job comes with.

He forgone his immense dislike for the undead and all that is connected to them as he walked on towards the woman, albeit slowly as a few thoughts in his mind seemingly drag him down. His pace quickened as he saw another that took interest in the offer; more companions would mean a lesser cut for him. Damn it feet, move!

As he finally arrived on the table where the woman was, a map took his attention just as it did for the Bosmer lady and the tall Nord. "Going on an adventure, milady?" he said, his voice carrying a lax and friendly tone, an instinctive attempt to have his chances of being accepted increase. "If you would have it, I could offer my assistance. With proper compensation, of course." The smile that grew on his face was warm even though his inquiry was that of a thick-skinned being.

GuardianCren1812

The guy with the axe
    Crengar sat alone in a corner, having one of his bitter days. Days mostly filled with haunts, but just enough that the giant Nord just wished to be left alone. Moments like those were rare for him in a tavern, as there was always some insecure belligerent drunk wishing to pick a fight just because he was large. Men like those were often left to speak in slurs even if they were sober afterwards.

He shifted in his chair, getting annoyed by the creaks and squeaks from all the strain the wooden seat was dealing with, though the light of candlefire, which was the only light in Crengar's dim corner of the Bee and Barb, always captured his attention. It was nice to be distracted for once, nice to be able to let down his guard. And with him sunk tightly in the corner, he was sure there would be little that would catch him unaware.

He was brought to his senses by a rather captivating bosmer woman, offering wealth and treasure to those who would accompany her. To Crengar, Riften wasn't exactly the best place to mention great wealth, as there were often people there who would just take it for themselves rather than work for it.

With that thought, though, Crengar knew he had to join in, hoping that this woman would mean for the well being of whomever joined her as much as he himself meant for her. Loyalty, especially in Riften, was hard to find in such times. Crengar was willing to make an example.

He picked up his chair to sit with the already steadily growing expedition, with his axe in his other hand. As he settled to where the chair stopped groaning beneath him, he got straight to the point. "I am Crengar, of the Stone-blood clan." he stated, his voice deep and booming. "I wish to offer my axe."

Vixen

Neko, Vixen, jailbait
    Kairi looked up at the two other men who had voiced their interest. "Take a seat then and let us discuss business." She took a quick sip of ale and continued. "As I was saying, Akavaskir. It's an ancient Atmoran city. That is where we are going. You will each be paid five-thousand septims if you do not desert me, you will also be allowed to keep any treasure you find in the city. For I have no use of such things, we are retrieving a certain....object from the inner chamber." She said as she pointed to the largest room on the map. "Be ready for traps, daedra, undead, wild beasts and whatever else Y'ffre puts in our path." She bit her lip, and silently cursed herself for using the forest god's name in front of the Nords. "My name is Kairi, and that is all you need to know." She said with her thick tribal accent as she finished and took a sip of ale.

Kimrisvik

King of Scandinavia
    Garren greeted the two men who had joined them before he turned back to Kairi. "You don't need to pay me anything actually. I can get plenty of money from fighting for the drunk lords in the city castles." He gave them a short smile of self confidence before he continued. "I'm just here for the challenge." He now turned to the others, and gave both of them a gentle handshake. "Name's Garren. Garren Rivers."

GuardianCren1812

The guy with the axe
    Crengar watched Garren with great interest, returning his handshake with a crushing grip. "Seems you and I are of like mind. I am Crengar, of the Stone-blood." He then turned his head towards the elf. "An honor, Kairi. I ask only for whatever precious metals are within the ruins; steel and the like." He nodded, to mark his claim as sufficient pay. "When do we leave?" he asked with a tinge of eagerness.

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    I pushed my way through the doors of Riften. I wasn't usually hassled by inbred thieves, like the one who had just tried to put a fine on me. Yet, I had a feeling he was regretting it. It wasn't my first time in Riften, as I would do small jobs for the Guild here and there. I was only here to get paid for taking out a group of mercenaries, who didn't follow through. Then finish their job.

I walked across the wood bridge, to the entrance of the Bee and Barb. I stood outside, hiding my face, waiting for my payment. He approached. "300 septims, as agreed," the lizard said, hastily. I gritted my teeth in anger, and grabbed the Argonian by the neck. "We agreed 500," I snarled at him. He hastily pulled out the other 200 he owed me, and I let him go. He coughed and limped away.

I pushed my way into the Tavern. To see a group of 3 large men surrounding what looked like a smaller, mer woman. I tossed a couple coins at the Argonian behind the counter, "mead." I said harshly. I walked to a wall near the group and listened in. "five-thousand septims, if you do not desert me," I heard, grinning, "Be ready for traps, deadra, undead... My name is Kairi, and that is all you need to know." I grinned as she finished what she said. The small Argonian brought me my mead, and I took a large gulp, then walked to the group. "Well I'm in!" I said loudly, holding my arm out to the woman, "Aharon Helvidius Valarius, The Black Guard. Mercenary and Sell-sword alike." I looked at the larger of the 3 men, and admired his ax, and the craftsmanship of his armor. "Ready when you are." I slurped down the last bit of mead, and set the tankard down on the table. Pulling the hood off of my head, and crossing my arms.

Vixen

Neko, Vixen, jailbait
    Kairi eyed him carefully before she spoke. "Very well you may come, but we leave now." She rolled up the map and stood. "Gather what supplies you may need and join me outside of the city. It is a eight day journey to the city and we could be there for two weeks at the most." She turned quickly and left the tavern.

The cool Skyrim night air brushing against her skin as she walked, a voice came from the alley to her right. "Well well well, crafty one aren't you?" She stopped in her tracks. "I'm only doing what you told me to, nothing more." The man walked towards her, if he wasn't a god he would've been quite attractive. "Of course you are, love." He put his hand under her chin and pushed up slightly, she slapped his hand away. "What is it you want now?" He made a sound of amusement and turned on his heel. "I'm just here to remind you that everything has a price, the gold your promising these men, the supplies......your life." Her muscle's tensed as he walked towards her once more. "Be careful what you promise, love. It might just get you killed. It would be a shame to you are quite the delicate flower." He said with a wink before being engulfed into a daedric portal.

She continued out the gates and waited by the stable's where horses were waiting for her and the men. She was slightly unnerved by the god's sudden appearance, but then again there was always something unnerving about him. She leaned up against the stable post and waited.

(I'll change the dialog color later.)

GuardianCren1812

The guy with the axe
    Crengar got up, going upstairs to pick up a large bag made from the stomach of a mammoth which were filled with salted meats and a bottle of mead, strapped with a thick strip of wolf leather which he used to wear it around his back, the strap wrapping over his right shoulder and under his left arm to carry it better in case of a battle. Finally, he keeps a large stone tankard tied to his hip under one of his harness' belts. Aside from the massive battleaxe and the scaled harness he already had, this would be all he needed. The rest he felt he would have the guile to find himself.

As he stepped out, he took a deep breath. Finally a new adventure awaited him, where the glories of battle, treasure and even Atmoran lore will unfold. He awaited outside, greeting Kairi with a quiet nod.

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    I checked my bags, and all of my gear one last time, before following the others outside tavern. I saw a look of worry on Kairi's face, that she quickly shook off. I wasn't too worried about the Elf, as she looked like she could handle herself very well in battle. I had a feeling of slight mistrust with the group. I didn't know any of them, and any one of them could be a traitor.

I pulled my hood over my head, and pulled my cloak around me. I looked to the grim, cloudy sky, as it started raining ever so slightly. I took note of every detail I thought Important of the group. Kairi had very little armor, I guess it was for more movement, and mobility. It also must've been a good choice for the style of fighting that she does, because she didn't look the least bit scared. I turned to the large man, who's name I remembered to be Crengar. He looked well prepared for any journey, as he had a large mammoth skin sack on his back, that smelled vaguely of meat. I could see that he kept a large stone tankard on his waist. He must love his mead, I thought. Then there was the man with the cape. It had the Solitude symbol of the Guard. I wasn't going to trust this one to easy, as he was friends with the very people who had tried to kill me, on more than one occasion. He looked like the type of man I would've been if I hadn't become an assassin. Very loyal, and trustworthy looking. Then lastly was the man who had little armor at all. Just a single vest of Leather, with boots and arm guards. I payed little attention to him, as he didn't seem as much a threat to me as the others.

My mind was at ease after I made some little assumptions about who these people were. I didn't think they were going to be trouble so better safe then sorry. We exited Riften as a group. People stared at us as we walked, because we weren't the every day occurrence. I sped up to the front of the group, to stand next to Kairi. "So, this place we're headed, what exactly are we doing there?" I asked this, as I did enter the tavern after she finished explaining the mission. So I might as well be sure I knew what I was getting into.

Kimrisvik

King of Scandinavia
    Garren kept his eye on the newest member at all time as they walked through the streets of Riften. He didn't seem like a man he would usually trust to travel with. But he had worked together with all kind of people without any trouble before, so he couldn't see why this time would be any different. But there just were something with him that made Garren suspect him as a traitor.

As Aharon sped up to walk besides Kairi, Garren looked at the other two and smiled prodly. He then dragged out his sword. It made a gentle sound as it were pulled out from the sheet. "See this sword here? Fastest sword I've ever used. I call it Windcutter, sins it so thin and sharp."

Vixen

Neko, Vixen, jailbait
    "We are going to Akavaskir, it is an ancient Atmoran city. To gain access we must go through the Dwemer city of Blackreach to the trade entrance. We are retreiving an.....object." She said hesitating unsure of how much to say, her eye's darted back to Garren. "You would do well to keep your blade sheathed until it is needed, for it is quite simple for another to use that blade to cut out your tongue. Boasting will only bring you death." She mounted her horse and spoke again. "We are going north to the Great Lift at Alftand. Mount and let us be off."

Kimrisvik

King of Scandinavia
    Garren looked at Kairi who had just told him to put away his sword. She looked angry as she mounted her horse. Garren did as she said, and laid Windcutter gently back in his sheet. "You know. Many men has treathen me before. And I'm still standing." He bit of a large bit of an apple he had grabbed from the barcounter on his way out as he got on his large, silvergrey horse. "If you want to cut of my tounge, feel free to try." Garren smiled and laughed shortly after he spoke.

Vixen

Neko, Vixen, jailbait
    "Yes, but I am not a man and if I were you I'd check to see if your coin purse was still at your belt." She said as she held up a small pouch, coins clinked together as she did.

Kimrisvik

King of Scandinavia
    "Impressive work there!" Garren smiled to her as he checked his belt. It was really his pouch she had. The cute elf had stolen his money without him even noticing it. "Keep that if you want, I got plenty of gold home in Solitude."

GuardianCren1812

The guy with the axe
    'Well this will get us nowhere fast.' Crengar thought to himself about the current feud between Rivers and Kairi, carefully slipping on the back of a chestnut mare. He always preferred free-running through the wilds to get where he needed to go but considering his entire party would be on horse back he may as well try a horse. Being a bear of a man himself didn't really help the horse either as it trotted in place for a moment, sputtering a complaint.