• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
Oh wait, sorry Mehrune's Razor.

Just completed the Pieces of the Past Quest. Good times, although a bit on the easy side (with the exception fo the conclusion, of course), and am wondering what the big deal is about this dagger. Sure, it could be useful given it's enchantment, but it doesn't really seem very tough.

I would assume that, with upgrades at the forge, it would be kick-a**? Most Daedric artifacts can be.

I need a good dagger (rather than a 2 handed sword) for my Thieves Guild & DB quests. Is this a good one to keep and use? (I'm a bow kinda guy so I'll need ot build up/augment my 1 handed, but, hey...).

Thoughts?

JClarke1953

I didn't worry much about the dagger, and let the NPC live. What I was more interested in we're the heart's of the Daedric Warriors, plus what's inside when you loot the key.

My char's use an enchanted Ebony Dagger, the enchant is for soul taking, and I try to keep poison with me to dip the dagger in just in case.

Daelon DuLac

I didn't worry much about the dagger, and let the NPC live. What I was more interested in we're the heart's of the Daedric Warriors, plus what's inside when you loot the key.

My char's use an enchanted Ebony Dagger, the enchant is for soul taking, and I try to keep poison with me to dip the dagger in just in case.
Excellent. I posted about a week ago about my lack of Daedra's Hearts, but, now I have plenty (and am getting more again). I always have liked my ebony daggers.. hmmm...

JClarke1953

Yeh buddy! I think they look more menacing than even Orc daggers! But I give those to my adopted girl's to train with!

Daelon DuLac

Yeh buddy! I think they look more menacing than even Orc daggers! But I give those to my adopted girl's to train with!
I was going to go ahead and create & enchant a Daedric dagger - thoughts?

Mind you, Occam's razor can be great: it gets straight to the point.

Enomer

```

Last edited:

Nighthiker77

Its my favorite dagger because it looks cool, does enough damage, and only weighs 3 pounds, and never has to be recharged. The enchantment isn't that special though because it almost never hits, or it hits when you would 1 hit kill them anyway. I don't really like damage enchantments on daggers because I don't like the light on them and the light effects on strikes. Mehrunes Razor is perfect for what I want a dagger for.

Unless you need a silent strike, you should be using a sword anyway.

Daelon DuLac

Its my favorite dagger because it looks cool, does enough damage, and only weighs 3 pounds, and never has to be recharged. The enchantment isn't that special though because it almost never hits, or it hits when you would 1 hit kill them anyway. I don't really like damage enchantments on daggers because I don't like the light on them and the light effects on strikes. Mehrunes Razor is perfect for what I want a dagger for.

Unless you need a silent strike, you should be using a sword anyway.
True, true, but it's rather difficult to perform an assassination or be a thief with a giant 2 handed Daedric sword on hand. Personally I prefer a long distance strike with a bow, but, hey, sometimes ya gotta get up close.

Nighthiker77

I carry Mehrunes Razor for throat slits, Windshear and Shield of solitude for melee, Bound Bow for sniping, and the Nightingale Bow for those weird moments like when that dude sucks all your magica out. With all elven armor and some varied rings and necklaces, this is still a pretty light loadout, and gives me everything I need. Also bound sword to avoid being disarmed, or as a backup if I do get disarmed

Nighthiker77

Drop the extra bow and add some robes and you'll only be carrying 33 pounds plus extra jewelry and have everything you need for sneak archer, assassin, spellsword, spellshield, sword and board, or anything you want except 2H or heavy armor.

Daelon DuLac

Drop the extra bow and add some robes and you'll only be carrying 33 pounds plus extra jewelry and have everything you need for sneak archer, assassin, spellsword, spellshield, sword and board, or anything you want except 2H or heavy armor.
That's actually a really great idea. I'm not sure if I really want to go without any armor (even though I've got 430 for health) cause I don't think I'd be comfortable, but you are definately right that I should drop down my armor and start using 1 handed for a while (to up the points on those two would be great - it might even help with my leveling). Thanks so much for the suggestion! By the way - any idea on a black hood that's generally available? I like the arabic style hood with the facemask but it comes in white. Since I'm on console, I can't do mods.

Nighthiker77

I have an invisible headgear mod so I haven't seen any vanilla headgear in a while, but the mythic dawn robes have a cool hood, the ancient shrouded cowl is +35% archery, and I think the Nightingale hood is - 17% illusion casting cost

Nighthiker77

And the elven gilded armor is almost as good as glass, only 4#, uses the regular elven smithing perk, and counts for the matched set perk now if you've updated.

Daelon DuLac

And the elven gilded armor is almost as good as glass, only 4#, uses the regular elven smithing perk, and counts for the matched set perk now if you've updated.
But both elven & glass are so friggin' "pretty". Sure they've got some great perks, but shoot - I'm a dude, I don't need all that bling!

Twiffle

this is a good dagger, however, i prefer Valdrs lucky dagger, 25% chance of critical hit, awesome.

Daelon DuLac

this is a good dagger, however, i prefer Valdrs lucky dagger, 25% chance of critical hit, awesome.
?? Can you be a little more specific? I have no idea what you're talking about.

Nighthiker77

I'm playing an Altmer female, so elven is perfect. She kills all Thalmor on sight in the name of Talos because she is the Dragonborn.

I think the scaled armor is the most manly man light armor. Werewolf for heavy. I don't think scaled armor would look right with a hood though probably, but dragonscale might. You could try a dragon priest mask too. I like to see their faces though.

Twiffle