Obsessed with Restarting... ARGH!

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Fife

1. My first character was an assassin-type no focus on skirmishes or magic. I got to around level 30 or so and then became saddened that I was not spec'd to wear all this cool Dwarven and Ebony gear I was finding and I stood no chance toe-to-toe in actual non-stealth combat.

2. So I rolled a two-hander with heavy armor. I got to around level 30 before I quickly became disillusioned with the heavy armor (how my energy always dropped from running for a few seconds). Plus, I would completely get owned by casters who would freeze me and drain all my potions.

3. So I decided to make a tank build that would have more survivability. I had heavy armor, shield, and destruction magic instead of a weapon. I cast flame shield on myself and practically bashed my opponents to death with spontaneous flame spells. Flame shield was awesome. I could hold up my shield and burn down 4-5 monsters at once! However, I found that flame shield lost its potency around level 30. The monsters just didn't die as quickly anymore. I longed for the quick kills, but I had a continual interest in magic.

4. So I rolled an assassin-mage. It was wonderful. I had silenced casting and could blast people with fire--and they had no clue where it came from. I could backstab people for massive damage. It was all great until I joined the Thieves Guild for the first time and realized I didn't have anything invested in the pickpocket and speechcraft perks. Wow. I must be missing out on quite a bit of content, I thought.

5. So, now, I rethought everything. I was going to play a character who can dual-wield, use shields + alteration perks (for toe-to-toe skirmishes with casters and dragons--interrupts, knockdowns, and spell resistance). I would put perks in illusion like before, a few points in pickpocket to do thieves guild quests, speechcraft to access successful dialog content (and to make money from selling stolen goods), and enchanting and smithing.

Hopefully this most recent build will allow me to access as much content as possible. Otherwise, I may find myself restarting again at level 30. LOL.

Oblivious

Hahaha I've started a new character several times too so i could get more used to the game and different races and start fresh. I'm playing as a Dark Elf now specializing in destruction magic and one-handed and it's going well. Hopefully I'll be able to resist starting again later down the track lol

Quanah

Bosmer Shadowscale
I have an Assassin and he's quite good at toe to toe combat with anything in the game. U must spend some time upgrading armor and weapons to stand toe to toe.

Red-_-Monkey

Ahh, the fresh start. There's nothing better than being scared for your life after spending hours blasting through everything with an Invincible Tank Character.
On my 3rd or 4th guy now and I'm often happy just having sword, shield and bow. 200 Health and Stamina is all I'll ever need. Magic is good and fun but once you have a good setup, you can just blast 100's of points of damage like Machine guns which gets too easy and repetitive. So now, I'm forcing myself to struggle by choosing almost powerless perks.

Now, when I'm alone in the wilderness and a dragon spots me.... I have 3 minutes of terror before I'm safe once again. A bear spots me? "ARH! Run! Help me somebody!". That for me Is fun, It generally feels realistic when you know you can't kill a dragon so easily or kill a bear with a simple routine set of spells, fearing for my life is what keeps this kind of game alive for me.

If you cannot find that perfect setup, Try this now and then.
Drop ALL Items. Grab a simple sword. Put on clothes. Go out into the wilderness.

Good luck with finding that perfect end-game scenario that can last forever!

Teritus

Giving it to you straight since 1869
Tell me about it. I restart so many times now it's getting ridiculous; I really want to explore every aspect of the game as much as I can.

Perkless in Skyrim

Bad to the Dragonbone.
On this play through I'm not leveling up. My skills are still increasing and I can one-shot some enemies with an upgraded bow while I'm Sneaking. The treasure isn't very exciting but I still have more gold than I can spend. Giants and Falmer hives are fun. I don't feel safe unless I have a follower with me at all times. It's nice because even skills that I neglect for a while remain useful. If I wanted to be a 2H barbarian in light armor for awhile, I can. Then when I want to switch and play with magic it's still effective at taking out foes.

At some point I'll save then level up and be able to choose whatever style of play I care to indulge in with 4 or 5 dozen perks all at once. I don't have to restart and lose all skill gains and any cool loot I've found. Just an idea for you. I made a thread about this.

Pete

I just invest in the skills my nord female character uses most often: great swords, light armor & smithing. I've just about max out all 3. I can't sneak worth a dime, so I use potions when the need arises. Makes for interesting play now that I'm in the Dark Brotherhood.

I've found that I had to up the difficulty to master to keep things challenging. Heads were becoming to easy to separate from their shoulders!

whiskey

I'm on my second restart and love my character. Because I had played the game before, extensively, with my other character I knew exactly what skills I wanted to hone in on. To be honest, I have no desire to start another character.

I save my perks for when I use them and get to explore the different facets of the game with the same character because of it.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts