• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

OvoidAxhead

When a regular axe just won't cut it.
Roleplay, or take part in our community questing board. People write little quests for you to complete. You can actually do them in game. It's fun!
Once again, where is this board? It sounds really interesting.

Skulli

Is that fur coming out of your ears?
Since I was stagnating at level 41, I decided to enchant a set of my crafted gear just for spellcasting.

Since then, I've been off clearing areas using only spells, where until now I was a pure melee class...this has leveled me four times now, and allowed me to get perks into dual-cast and impact.

Conjuration is next on my list now. Should kill some time until i get Dawnguard in a couple weeks!

Ned

Nerevarine
There is still plenty to do. You need to complete all of the guilds, do all of the daedric quests, hunt down all of the unique items, Bard's College, etc.

What surprises me as a former WoWholic, myself, is that you aren't more into the grinding, crafting, leveling aspect.

I spent hours upon hours on my Skyrim main grinding all of his skills to 100, getting to level 81, mastering the professions (Alchemy, Smithing, Enchanting) and figuring out how to use them all together to make godlike gear sets.

Skulli

There is still plenty to do. You need to complete all of the guilds, do all of the daedric quests, hunt down all of the unique items, Bard's College, etc.

What surprises me as a former WoWholic, myself, is that you aren't more into the grinding, crafting, leveling aspect.

I spent hours upon hours on my Skyrim main grinding all of his skills to 100, getting to level 81, mastering the professions (Alchemy, Smithing, Enchanting) and figuring out how to use them all together to make godlike gear sets.

I have my smithing and enchanting maxed out and have tried my hardest to NOT trap myself into power-leveling or mindless grinding...perhaps this is what I love the most about Skyrim, is that I'm not forced or pigeon-holed into doing anything simply for the grinding aspect.

Although I still find myself hitting "B" to open my "bags" and occasionally hesitate, thinking I need to find a mailbox or auction house. 0.o

And I am still guilty of referring to fast traveling to my home as "hearthing," lol!

Ned

Nerevarine
I must be one of the few that actually likes grinding numbers and min/maxing my gear.

Skulli

I must be one of the few that actually likes grinding numbers and min/maxing my gear.

I liked it all those years the way I loved my job. Now I feel more like I've gone camping, alone in the wilderness, exploring, having fun with no set agenda.

It's a welcome break from seven years of Warcraft. When I catch myself slipping back into those old habits of "rush-grind-quest-level-rush-grind-train" rinse & repeat, I simply apply the brakes, take a deep breath, and get back to just having fun!

Different strokes as they say.

OvoidAxhead

When a regular axe just won't cut it.
Have you ever played Runescape? There, it's just grinding. Over and over. Some of the minigames are fun, though.
P.S. I was thinking of doing the up-to-level 20 free trial of WoW, should I?

Skulli

Have you ever played Runescape? There, it's just grinding. Over and over. Some of the minigames are fun, though.
P.S. I was thinking of doing the up-to-level 20 free trial of WoW, should I?

They've made leveling in WoW really fast for the first 60-70 levels. You will probably hit 20 the first day or two.

Most every quest pre-lvl 85 is killing and collecting stuff and the whole objective of the game is to reach level cap then replace gear. It's fun for a bit, but the horrible community over there, and the "gearquest" aspect gets old after a while.

I would suggest an RP server for a better community. Have fun!

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts