Nord Refugee Character Diary - Hrisskar III

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

bulbaquil

...is not Sjadbek, he just runs him.
wanted to say hey to Bigwooly and all the others here... i stumbled across this thread a few days back and it made me want to try the hardcore style and keep a journal for my new Argonian Sam-Shei... i am wondering though, now that im about 4 days (in game) into it if its really going to be as challenging as it seems to be for Hrisskar... im following all the same guidelines but it doesnt seem that much more difficult really... or maybe im just really lucky -shrugs-

One of the things that can take the challenge out of the early part of the game, played this way, is if you pick up stuff in Helgen and especially if you accept the gifts from Gerdur/Alvor in Riverwood. You can easily end up with a couple hundred gold without having to have done much of anything if you do that.

Well, that's it then. I started the Imperial Char. He's at level 29 and his name is Lorius. Though he has accidently made the thalmor mad. he is currently closing in on Winterhold and is on a quest to steal as many stormcloak helmets as possible. This is on YOU Wooly!

Honourman

Sorry everyone. Work took over on me again. Got one more trip this weekend and then a few weeks before my next. I'm hoping to get some entries up in that time. You guys are all so patient. I feel bad! d;-)

Who else feels like it is now Christmas Eve?! The anticipation!!!

ShoCh

Just got back from my last trip for 3 weeks. Gonna try and write up an entry today .. even on 1hr of sleep. That's my dedication to you guys. d;-p
Don't do it. You need your rest.

Take some time and clear your head - otherwise we'll be reading posts like 'I wasn't looking and walked too close to a giant so have been in bed at the Bannered Mare for a week. When at last I decided to venture out, I fell asleep waiting for the door to open.' or 'By the nines! I had to pay a huge fine because I accidentally shouted in the marketplace and sent everyone flying. I'm not sure how it happened - I was only trying to sprint through town...'.

No - you need to be in top form. We've waited this long - what's another day or two?

Is there any chance you'd use the Blog function on your profile to and post the entries? Would that work? My internet skills are feeble and was wondering if it would be a simple copy and paste deal. It'd be great to be able to read the entries w/o the interruption of replies ( like mine).

The amount of effort you put into this work is already obvious and I'm thankful for it, but I couldnt stop myself from asking. I count myself among the ungrateful internet masses. Sorry and Thanks ( either way).

BIGwooly

Is there any chance you'd use the Blog function on your profile to and post the entries? Would that work? My internet skills are feeble and was wondering if it would be a simple copy and paste deal. It'd be great to be able to read the entries w/o the interruption of replies ( like mine).

The amount of effort you put into this work is already obvious and I'm thankful for it, but I couldnt stop myself from asking. I count myself among the ungrateful internet masses. Sorry and Thanks ( either way).

I have a great idea already for my next diary so maybe I'll use the blog feature for that one. For this one, I'm just going to finish it out here. I honestly just started doing this for fun and never expected so many people to follow it, plus I didn't even know about the blog feature, lol.

BIGwooly

Soooo... Are we going to be meeting Hrisskar anytime soon now? Filim's diary is over. It's your turn for the spotlight!

Yeaahhh ... got back from basically 2 months of traveling for work and thought I'd write an entry or two this week but apparently being gone so long means you have a lot to catch up on at home too, haha. A new entry is coming. Trust me. It's coming.

BIGwooly

- 5th of Last Seed, 4E 202 -

What a whirwind these last few days have been. After pushing the imperials back week after week, I found myself on the doorstep of Solitude, with Ulfric himself. We were taking the city.

I stood in awe as Ulfric delivered the words that would carry us through the front gate. The stormcloaks around me gave a shout and raised their weapons, thirsty for imperial blood. I joined in their eagerness and we stormed into the city.

The streets were swarming with legion troops. We waded through them and left their blood behind on the cobblestones. But for every ten we killed another ten joined the battle. Ulfric and I used our shouting ability to keep the stormcloaks advancing. Eventually we reached the castle itself, and forced our way inside.

It wasn't long before we found ourselves face to face with General Tullius and Legate Rikke. The general's lieutenant stepped forward, and despite Ulfric's efforts to sway her, she insisted on defending the general. The fight was on, and it was up close and personal. Rikke was highly skilled, but her efforts were not enough. The general brought his sword against us as well, but we were not to be stopped. Before long Rikke lay dead on the floor with Tullius next to her .. yielding.

Ulfric offered me the honor to kill the general. I wanted to. Every ounce of my body strained to do it. But this was Ulfric's moment, and I would not be the one to take it.

With the general dead, and most of the imperial troopers in the city dead as well, Solitude was ours. It was Skyrim's.

bulbaquil

...is not Sjadbek, he just runs him.
I always let Ulfric kill Tullius (well, when I side Stormcloak, which is most of the time). It seems more proper that way.

BIGwooly

- 10th of Last Seed, 4E 202 -

I couldn't be farther from Solitude right now. After taking the city Ulfric advised me that there were still a number of legion camps scattered around Skyrim that needed to be dealt with. As much as I wanted to move out with the stormcloaks and wipe the rest of the empire from the land, I felt a stronger calling. With Solitude back in the hands of true nords, it was time to do something about the dragon threat.

So I set out for Riften, following a hint to find a man named Esbern. The journey took several days, and I wasn't exactly welcomed into Riften when I arrived. There's something off about this town .. the people .. the guards. I was more than happy to spend only one night in the inn before I headed into the warrens to try and find Esbern.

I ran into a denizen of the sewers right away, but he was easy enough to put down. I handled several more of these brutes in the same way, before running into some thalmor who were also looking for Esbern. They were a bit more of a challenge, but I fought my way through each of them as well.

Now I sit in a tiny room in a dirty inn with Esbern. The old man seems to know a lot about the dragons and their return, although I don't know how much of it I believe yet. My thoughts are all jumbled lately. I haven't had enough rest. Storming Solitude with the stormcloaks and then trekking straight to Riften and fighting my way through a sewer has left me exhausted. Even last night's sleep didn't seem to help.

Now I have to get Esbern back to Riverwood so we can talk with Delphine. It's not a short journey, and not a safe one either. It's times like this my thoughts wander back to my simpler days .. fishing .. hiking .. tidying up my father's store. Glory has it's price.

Yeah, the thalmor are willing to kill me no matter which side I join.

Oh, your a friend of the empire? You went into the Embassy and didn't kill anyone? fl*ff YOU ASSASSIN TIME BITCHES.

BIGwooly

Sjadbek approves of you not capitalizing the word "thalmor." He explains they don't deserve it.

Hrisskar tends to not capitalize anything like that if you haven't noticed .. not even 'stormcloaks'. d;-)

BIGwooly

- 10th of Last Seed, 4E 202 -

What a waste of a day. I'm already exhausted from the past two weeks, and getting lost today did not help. While I have a horse, Esbern is on foot, so we had to travel more slowly. It also meant we couldn't outrun the dangers we came across on the road.

We dispatched the first pack of wolves we encountered fairly easily. The second pack took about as much effort. But shortly thereafter we saw a horse approaching with a dark elf rider. I wasn't too concerned until the rider dismounted as we neared each other. He wore heavy orcish armor and produced a short blade in one hand and fire in the other. It was obvious he didn't intend to let us pass peacefully.

So I dismounted and drew my mace, and Esbern and I stepped into a fight we didn't want. My first move was to shout the elf to the ground, while Esbern's was to fortify his abilities and shield himself magically. The elf recovered from the shout and got to his feet. I was bashing him with my heavy shield while Esbern let him taste some serious magic. I felt that any moment we would overwhelm him.

But he was a tough elf, and a good fighter with strong magic of his own. Before I knew it he was getting the better of me, mostly with a searing flame that streamed from his fingers. Eventually I had to retreat, and thankfully Esbern stepped into draw his attention away from me or surely I would have died right there, smoking like a horker loaf over a campfire.

With Esbern handling the fight, I backed off and tried to recover from the magical beating I had just taken. Esbern and the dark elf went back and forth, showering each other with deadly magic, until finally Esbern fell to a knee. I didn't hesitate, and ran back into assist him. I shouted the elf to the ground again and proceeded to smash him with my shield and bludgeon him with my mace. Esbern recovered and rejoined the fight, and after some time we were finally able to end the fight for good.

After such a brutal battle I wanted nothing more than to find a bed and recover for a week, but it already past midday and it didn't feel like we had made much progress. I'm still not familiar with this part of Skyrim and wasn't planning to strand myself outside at night on the road.

But after traveling a bit farther I realized we were on the wrong road. We would have to retrace our steps back to Riften and head out again. We had to kill a thief and another pack of wolves before we finally arrived back at Riften. By now, though, it was closing in on evening. There was no point in heading out again.

So I sit here in the same tiny room I was in this morning when I wrote my previous entry. Frustrated. Tired. Hurting. Impatient. The morning cannot arrive soon enough.

God damn. I've had sessions like that. I'm always going back to Fort Dawnguard, but the game's early quests tell me to go to the other side of Skyrim. Then I have to wander around the Reach like some idiot trying to make sence of the mountains and forsworn everywhere. Then I invariably find myself back in Dragon Bridge or Markarth.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts