• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
I'm roleplaying as an Argonian theif who doesn't trust the Thieves Guild, so are there any other merchants who will buy my stolen goods, or do I have to join the Thieves Guild?

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Perkless in Skyrim

Bad to the Dragonbone.
Nope. The only way to accomplish this without using the TG is to invest perks into your Speech skill until you reach Fence (requires Speech 90).

Thats lame oh well looks like I'll have to find a way to work that in then.

Halkin

pzzzztt
if you are on pc you could use dovakiins hideout, it has a merchant with 5k gold to splash

Regretably I do not own a PC so I'm on Xbox

Jader

The Mystic Marksman
I'm not sure if Enthir is available as a fence before "hard answers" in TG quest line.I could be wrong though.

And welcome to the forums Icedfoo :cool:

MiniPea

The Dark Lord of Skyrim
You could always "void" joining the thieves guild and use the Khajiit Caravans as fences when you unlock it.

HappyFaceClown

PunkNation
You don't even need to join a guild for that, just work on getting the "fence" perk from the speech tree. Its a very useful perk to have.

Jader

The Mystic Marksman
I think what the OP wants is not to join the TG period. Yes there is the Fence perk but it's at 90 speech,which can be a pain unless you want to pay to train it.

MiniPea

The Dark Lord of Skyrim
You do not have to pay, there is always the glitch.

Jader

The Mystic Marksman
If its the one in riften meadery I think it got patched.at least it did on Xbox.Even with a glitch, its a pain in the arse.

ColleenG

When in doubt, follow the fox.
I don't believe you need to be part of the thieves guild to use Enithir as a fence. However, he pays the least for your stuff and charges an arm and a leg for anything he sells you.

Jader

The Mystic Marksman
Doesn't make sense to me..thought all fences were connected to TG unless using the perk o_O

HappyFaceClown

PunkNation
You do not have to pay, there is always the glitch.
^^ THIS.
All u need to do to max out speech is use the restoration exploit to make a potion of about a thousand, doesn't matter which kind cuz your just making it to sell, then find an alchemist merchant or kahjeet karavan, sell it and viola, instant level 100 on speech. It isn't cheating because your not boosting your health, strength, or anything that has to do with staying alive your just taking advantage of an exploit so u can barter better in the game and it takes all of 5 minutes. I do it on all my characters cuz i hate having to fast travel from town to town just to sell my goods.

MiniPea

The Dark Lord of Skyrim
If its the one in riften meadery I think it got patched.at least it did on Xbox.Even with a glitch, its a pain in the arse.

I did it yesterday for one level because I had forgotten about it. (I hadn't played for months).