No bonus dam when paralyzed?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

MrDSL

It would seem to me that if I can get bonus dam on someone by sneaking up on them then surely I can get it when I render someone unable to do anything but lay there helpless.

What am I missing?

Skulli

Is that fur coming out of your ears?
It never worked on my ex-wife either.... ;)

Use Calm, instead. Stealing, and Backstab Awareness depends on Line of Site, and Sound. Even Paralyzed, he's capable of knowing you are there, which prevents getting the Backstab Multiplier. I know, he's incapacitated, and helpless, but this isn't Real Life, it's a Game Mechanic. With Calm, they just don't care. Crouch behind them, wait for the Eye to close, and kill him.

Moris

Skulli

Is that fur coming out of your ears?
I bet Psiber's next suggestion (use Calm) didn't either. ;)

Lol, I had to use "Persuade" by following the judge's orders and just giving her a player home and half a year's gold.

Funny how that worked just fine!!

Lethennon

You know I had this issue. With the shadowarrior perk I can usually stealth right in front of someone, while in combat, and appear behind them instantly in the cut throat animation using 30x dagger damage.

I could NEVER get this to work on a paralyzed enemy. I disappear, like usual, I do the attack and get regular damage. They slowly stand back up, and WHAM, it works again, me stealthing in the middle of combat and hitting them with 30x dagger damage.

Had to stash my paralyzing daggers I had made at the time because of this.

Seems you cant get off a 15x or 30x backstab on an enemy who is effected by your paralyze. I havent tested it thoroughly enough with my companion using paralyze weapons. So it could be just your OWN paralyze. This also happens if they are currently effected by any DoT. The stealth to strike in combat just never connects.

You also cant use shadowarrior in combat if you are in your companions LOS. The moment they cant see you though, having broken line of sight, it works again.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts