• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

TheLonelyWolve

My precious
I left my new-old build because I couldnt do without my Bow.
Ive always joined the the thieves guild to get into the nightingales because they are cool.
Magic isnt me, (sadly you cant destroy the mage college(like some people want in skyrim :/)

When you meet Nocturnal, does she have ravens/crow on her arms? and the Symbol is that also of a raven/crow.

Race:imperial
Major skills:
Sneak
Archery
Speech
Minor skills:
Alchemy
LightArmor
Pickpocket

Its purely a warrior of nightingale, will use some sword/ daggers and mostly the bow, Especially the one karliah gives you. And the perks that come with it (Invisiblity power)

What do you think of the nightingales, not enough detail put into them? Needs more story?Nocturnal needs more of your help? Should make a DLC purely of Nightingle going back into history ( as there is none, they only out them in skyrim with not background story of it)

Disscuss some of the stuff you like about the nigthingales if you joined. Why you only joined TG for the nightingales....Or how much you hate them :/.:Dragonborn:

Stigweard Ruadhan

Jeg er stolt. Jeg er sterk.
Always been intrigued by the Nightingales by never gotten round to joining them as my character never really...fit their mould.

So if you don't mind, I'll piggy back on your thread and look at some of this feedback?

TheLonelyWolve

My precious
Sure thing, joining them is fun, the armor is nice. its just the whole faction..isnt well a faction. It's a fail to skyrim seeing as you have to give back the skull key. Obtainable to keep in oblivion .__.

ThriceHeart

Last Hunter of Toru-Manawa
Being that most of my Characters were mostly Warrior/Barbarian Builds they could never really grasp the concept of being Thief or an Elder scrolls ninja although I am intrigued to join them to simply find out about what became of the Gray Fox after the Oblivion Crisis.

TheLonelyWolve

My precious
You may be alittle disapointed in "finding out what happens" to him.

Being thief,ninja, assassin, builds can be really fun, I have been warriors and mages but I cant grasp them well, I guess its just my thoughts that I prefer stealth just like people cant go out of the boundaries of a heavy build.

Im gonna name my guy Corvus, after the real name of the gray fox as he was like a raven/crow (thieving birds)
and gonna be a hunter (which the birds are good at too) which is why I want to know if the symbol is a raven( it would be fitting)

its the fact that Nocturnal is mentioned with the gray fox, makes it disapointing that there isnt a back story of the nightingales in all the Elderscrolls history ( i am sure of)

Saozig

Hippy
My Bosmer's still in possession of the Skeleton Key, as he hasn't gone to the Twilight Specular yet. It wouldn't be in his nature to want to keep anyhow. Joining the Thieves Guild, or becoming a Nightingale, was never about power or wealth for him, but about abiding by his nature. In a weird way he's the best character out of my 11 or so for the Nightingales because he's a fringe sort anyways, who to a fair degrees relies on "luck" and opportunity--first as a hunter, then as an adventurer and now as a thief.

I wish there was more story to them in the game, but oh well.

I really like the armor although my Bosmer doesn't use magic, except healing spells, so the enchantment on the hood is useless. I like the bow too, but not sure if it'll be my Bosmer's main bow yet. I kind of like having an unenchanted bow. The sword has a great double enchantment on it, but my Bosmer's more of a dual dagger melee fighter, when he's not using a bow.

The Nightingales are not a completely non-magical build, though. Look at the enchantment on the Hood, Fortify Illusion 20%. While you can do without Illusion with Agent of Stealth, or Shadow Warrior, if you do, you're basically wasting that enchantment. Sure, it looks cool, but if you're Enchanting, that's up to 2 slots you can't use. (The entire set is pre-enchanted, so you might actually be better off with Worn Shrouded Armor instead.)

The only build I've used with the Nightingale Armor is a Nightblade (http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/1100268990245794850/ED4346E08CA197A25EDF1F1E85FB5E5FD914C5A0/) to take advantage of the enchantment on the Hood (As well as the boots, which are interchangeable with the Shrouded Boots, but look better.) My question is, why did they enchant it that way if the game designers intended you to be completely non-magical?

I like the entire Thieve's Guild storyline. The Nightingales are just a small part of it. You sevred your purpose, taking care of Mercer, so that's it. Sure, there's more you can do, and if they wrote it in, I'd do it, but IMO, it's probably the richest most varied quest arc in the game.

Saozig

Hippy
Have two questions for everyone who's gotten the Nightinggale gear:

First question, about improving the Nightingale Bow: I tried improving the bow today and used the same combo of fortify smithing potions + enchanted smithing gear I used to improve the armor and sword to Legendary, but I can't improve the bow past Flawless, which makes its base damage rating lower than the Legendary Elven bow my Bosmer usually uses (not counting damage from enchantments). My Bosmer's smithing was at 80 when I did this--it was only in the 75-77 range or so when he improved the other sword and armor. I know the wikis says the bow, like the sword and armor, doesn't benefits from any perk so I'm assuming that's correct (my Bosmer does not have any of the heavy armor perks since he's been a light armor build BTW). Does anyone know what's going on and why I can't improve the bow to Legendary like the rest of the Nightingale armor?

Second question, about the Matching Set Light Armor perk: according to the wikia entry, it says that there's a bug (at least on Xbox) where you can swap out the Nightingale hood for the Shrouded hood and still benefit from this perk. Can anyone confirm this? And does it work with the Shrouded Cowl that has the Fortify Marksmanship enchantment? Cos if so, my Bosmer's going to need an excuse to join the DHB or at least kill Astrid for her cowl, because either the hood or cowl (but preferably the cowl) would work a lot for his build better than the Nightingale mask although it wouldn't look quite as cool, since the cowl mask doesn't appear on male character (or so i've read--don't know if they even patched that and sicne the only chars i had get the cowl were females, i don't know from 1st hand experience).

First question, about improving the Nightingale Bow: I tried improving the bow today and used the same combo of fortify smithing potions + enchanted smithing gear I used to improve the armor and sword to Legendary, but I can't improve the bow past Flawless, which makes its base damage rating lower than the Legendary Elven bow my Bosmer usually uses (not counting damage from enchantments). My Bosmer's smithing was at 80 when I did this--it was only in the 75-77 range or so when he improved the other sword and armor. I know the wikis says the bow, like the sword and armor, doesn't benefits from any perk so I'm assuming that's correct (my Bosmer does not have any of the heavy armor perks since he's been a light armor build BTW). Does anyone know what's going on and why I can't improve the bow to Legendary like the rest of the Nightingale armor?

Second question, about the Matching Set Light Armor perk: according to the wikia entry, it says that there's a bug (at least on Xbox) where you can swap out the Nightingale hood for the Shrouded hood and still benefit from this perk. Can anyone confirm this? And does it work with the Shrouded Cowl that has the Fortify Marksmanship enchantment? Cos if so, my Bosmer's going to need an excuse to join the DHB or at least kill Astrid for her cowl, because either the hood or cowl (but preferably the cowl) would work a lot for his build better than the Nightingale mask although it wouldn't look quite as cool, since the cowl mask doesn't appear on male character (or so i've read--don't know if they even patched that and sicne the only chars i had get the cowl were females, i don't know from 1st hand experience).
The NGB doesn't have a perk associated with it (Like Daedric Smithing) so it can only be ground up so much compared to items that do, like your Elven one. The Shouded Cowl (Not hood, that Fortifies Sneak) gives a bonus to Archery damage. The Ancient Shrouded Cowl is higher, on par with Linwe's (Which looks better to me, and is in the same questline as the Nightingales, so you don't have to do the DBH.) Neither of those help with Smithing, just adds damage to your attacks with bows to compensate. Also, Bow damage is Bow+Arrows, so they tend to do the most damage for a given tier, with appropriate ammo.

Saozig

Hippy
When am I going to learn to not bother asking questions like these in this forum?

Anyhow, thanks from reminding me about Linwe's armor. It's an option to consider.

TheLonelyWolve

My precious
I'll still use the bow regardless.

As stated in a post further up, I am going to use the hood even with the Illusion enhancement on it, I likke the whole look and im not going to ruin it with other hoods.

The armor has 3 tiers. if you are above lvl 32 you will get full potential out of the ehancements (3rd tier only obtainable with the quest trinity restored)

Upgraded at the blacksmith with the arcane perk, but it will only go up to flawless unless you have smithing of 100.Can be achieved by using blacksmith potions and enchanted items.

PC,Xbox360,Ps3. Armor cant be upgraded even with the right smithing perks and void salts.
Possible solution: If fine-cut void salts are in iventory drop them or put in barrel.
Dont know how that helps.

However with the bow, the smithing stuff says the same as fro the armor, Saozig, is you blacksmithing up to 100?

As its classified as ebony, it should have been classed as Ebony, but its not which is why it goes to flawless.

TheLonelyWolve

My precious
Because its not a magic user, thats why. Nightingale isnt all about Illusion, invisibility is all I need. Potions + Power.

Let him play his way. I think he might be missing out on like a 3rd of the game if he's not willing to do magic, but it's his game. We can give advice, but we can't force them to swallow it. I'd suggest replacing the hood with something a little more useful, unless you really just love the heck out of the way it looks. The Ancient Shrouded Cowl really adds a pile of damage to every arrow, and matches rather well. Or Linwe's hood matches slightly less well, but is easier to get, and just as powerful. (Not quite as much armor, but that's the least consideration next to looks.)

TheLonelyWolve

My precious
Wasnt going to do Mages college or Mainquest. I more than know my way around fights and other stuff to know that I dont need illusion and Enhancements dont matter to me, Wouldnt be a waste of skill/perk if I used straight out iron armor, so I dont need the hood enhancement. IMO sneak is illusion.

There is no fun in watching to guards fight it out rather than do it myself.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts