• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Baneloth

"It is good to see you, my friend. I knew the Blight had no chance of defeating one such as you!" Donath grinned broadly, and clapped the vampire knight hard on the shoulders. "Ha ha! Ye're right about that much, laddie.Ye're not lookin' too beat up either" he said, admiring the knights red armour. Torin and Elizabeth were already headed towards the city, and safety, and Donath nodded towards the gates of Whiterun, and started moving. "I haven't seen yerself around lately. How was Highrock?" He asked, referring to the Breton homeland, where Averaine had departed to in order to warn them of the coming Blight.

Drahkma

Dashing Imperial Officer.
    Averaine walked with the stout warrior into the city of whiterun. Obviously, the war was beginning to take a toll on the city. The guard had been tripled, and fortifications had been shored up. People went about their business quickly and silently, heads down, glancing suspiciously at the new arrivals, although many of them seemed relieved that such well armed and armoured warriors were protecting their city. "I haven't seen yerself around lately. How was Highrock?" The knight sighed and shook his head. "I tried to warn the monarchy of High Rock, but they were no more willing to listen to me than anyone else. I shudder to think what is happening over there now"

Aethalia

After hours of moving through thick woods, and avoiding the roads at all costs, Aliah and Shadari arrived at the plains of Whiterun. Where, by a cursory examination, it was clear that a rather vicious battle had been fought. "Looks like we missed all the fun" Shadari commented drily, and Aliah nodded, hardly listening. Despite the long trek, she was still determined to make her way to the city. "Come. We should make our way to the city before dark" the pair trekked across the plains, making their way to the guarded gates of the city. Once inside, they saw several of their companions. Averaine, Donath! You are a sight for sore eyes indeed" she said warmly. She'd feared the worst for most of her companions since the beginning of the war. To see some of them alive now gave her some relief.

Drahkma

Averaine heard his name, and glanced over his shoulder to see both Aliah and Shadari striding towards him. It was Aliah who had spoken, and the woman was smiling warmly at the two warriors. "Aliah! It is good to see you. And you as well, Shadari. I fear you just missed a skirmish on the plains." He smiled at the blade dancer and assassin. "With you there, the enemy would have stood no chance"

Baneloth

Donath heard someone call him and he turned on his heel, a huge smile breaking out across his face as he recognized the red haired Altmer woman and grey furred Khajiit. "Ha-ha! Lasses! Ye made it!" He rushed up to them, and wrapping his arms around both women, lifted them in a great hug. He set them down, grinning from ear to ear, and nodded at Averaines' description of the battle.

"Not to worry. We gave 'em a good hiding on yer behalf" he added. He was in high spirits, having just come out of a battle fairly unscathed, and now meeting two more of his friends and allies.

Blackwhite1223

Still supporting Elizabeth, Torin turned at the sound of an all too familiar voice. Aliah and Shadari had just been embraced by Donath, and were talking with the two of them. After ensuring Elizabeth would be fine on her own for a few moments, Torin ambled over to join them. "Aliah, Shadari. Good to see you again. However, we should get indoors. Not that I distrust the locals, but I'm sure you are footsore, and the rest will do you some good" he lead his four companions towards the inn. He ordered wine, bread, and honey for himself, before claiming a table for the six of them.

Madrar

The Shadow in the Dark.
    "We must hurry" Salthar said, his tone growing in urgency as he lead his two companions to the plains of Whiterun. He knew as well as they did that the Blight would not be far behind. The vampire was more concerned about being caught in the open, where the enemy could strike from all sides, than in the walled city, where he could work his magic to slow, or entirely stop the advance of the Blight.

"The enemy, I fear, is already well on their way to Whiterun. It's the largest city nearby, and if they beat us there, we are as good as dead." The plains were in view, and Salthars keen eyes picked up the signs of recent battle, but nothing large enough to be a full fledged army on army fight. "The skirmishers have already arrived"

TheShadedOne

The Angry One
    Shadari felt a flood of relief as she recognized her companions and friends. They looked unharmed, and in good spirits, despite the fact that Whiterun was being flooded with refugees. Guardsmen and soldiers called to the milling crowds and each other, trying to organize shelter, and move horse drawn wagons out of the way, so they didn't block the streets. When Torin suggested getting inside, Shadari decided it was a great suggestion, and followed without question. As they took their seats, she was reminded that not all of their companions had arrived. 'Don't be stupid. They're fine.' She told herself sternly. She ordered a light meal, and dug into it, reminded suddenly of the long trek from Riften to Whiterun.

Baneloth

Donath slumped into a chair, and ordered a pitcher of ale and a mug. Killing large, wolf like beasts took a lot more energy than Donath'd thought. He wasn't complaining though. Any excuse to take in good ale was good enough for the old warrior. The fact that he was among his friends was an added boon. He glanced around him, noticing the quietly desperate mood, and resolved not to let it diminish his own spirits. Swallowing a mouthful of ale, he turned to Torin. "Torin, lad, good t' see ye. I'm happy to see ye can still bring down those Blight bastards. Ye're as good as ever, lad"

He looked at the others in turn, smiling fondly. They'd come together as complete strangers, and now they fought better than most armies he'd seen. But then, they'd probably wouldn't have survived long if they hadn't found each other. There was still no real guarantee that any of them would survive the coming war. But Donath would do his best to make sure they did. Even if it cost him his own life.

Drahkma

Averaine took his seat, and turned to face his companions. It had been some time since he'd met with them, and it was good to see them alive and well. If only it were under happier circumstances. He turned to Aliah, whose idea it had been to attempt to warn the rulers of Tamriels countries. "I assume you've guessed as much, Aliah, but my mission to High Rock was less than succesful. My warnings were for the most part, ignored. It appears the monarchy of High rock would rather murder each other than unite to face a greater evil" the knight said, disgust contorting on his features. The infighting of the Breton nobles was both idiotic, and a pointless waste of life. Especially when the Blight was spreading across all of Tamriel at an astonishing rate.

TheShadedOne

The Angry One
    Shadari shook her head at the stupidity of politicians. Especially when faced with such a great danger, they were still idiotic enough to beleive their armies and their inflated egos could save them.But she wasn't surprised. Most people needed to believe that there was some way to win, some way to prevail against all odds. Shadari was beginning to feel that the world would die not because of a superior enemy, but because of their pride. "Is everyone this stupid? We need to work together, not all of a sudden decide now is a good time to wage a war" Her ears flicked in embarrasment, as she realized, that she, being the most independant of the group, would have, at any other time, been off on her own...She grinned sheepishly. Times had indeed changed.

WindWalker

Julius was exhausted by the time the group arrived at the plains of Whiterun. His legs felt like rubber, and sore arm was screaming at him. Still, mostly thanks to his training, he managed to keep one foot going in front of the other. The three of them were silent, and even more so when they saw the scene of carnage on the fields.

Salthar identified the wargs and their riders as skirmishers, and Julius agreed. There were too few of the grey skinned slayers and huge wargs for the attack to have been anything serious. More likely, like the vampire had pointed out, these had been tasked with testing Whiteruns defences, and killing anyone they found out on the field.

As far as the weary Imperial could tell, not a single soldier of Whiterun lay on the ground, though there were marks from wagon wheels and many feet that had trampled through the grass. Probably refugees. "Whoever fought here was more skilled than most" he noted quietly as they made their way to the gates.

Aethalia

"I assume you've guessed as much, Aliah, but my mission to High Rock was less than succesful. My warnings were for the most part, ignored. It appears the monarchy of High rock would rather murder each other than unite to face a greater evil" Aliah nodded sadly. Her own people had been no more inclined to beleive her than the Bretons of High Rock had listened to her friend, it seemed. It both irritated and saddened her that such petty squabbles stopped Tamriel from uniting against such a great threat.

Then Shadari spoke up, revealing that she was just as upset, if not more so by the ignorance of High Rocks' rulers."Is everyone this stupid? We need to work together, not all of a sudden decide now is a good time to wage a war" Aliah nodded in agreement. But it was and had only ever been a fools hope that the few of them could convince whole kingdoms to unite.

"The important part is that we tried. I would feel much worse had we simply left the world to its' fate." She said, the significance of the fiercely independant assassins words not lost on her. Desperate times such as this changed them all. Aliah liked to think that Shadari, and herself had been changed for the better.

Madrar

The Shadow in the Dark.
    Salthar strode through the gates of Whiterun, his two younger companions in tow, his black and gold Thalmor robes swirling around his feet as he moved. He was in rush to get his two companions to relative safety as soon as possible. He knew both of them were quite capable of taking care of themselves,but at the same time, they'd been walking for quite some time, and Julius, at least, seemed footsore, and more than a little battered from the fighting both at Helgen and in the woods near Falkreath.

The Bannered Mare was one such place where the three of them could gather their wits and rest. At least until the main Blight force arrived. He pushed open the door, and stared. Sitting at the far table, were his companions from a year ago. He made his way to them, trusting his young friends to follow. "Aliah, Shadari, Torin" he said, smiling and naming three of the companions sitting around the table. "It does my cold heart some good to see all of you alive and well" he said warmly. He turned and guided the battered Julius to an empty chair and stepped out of the way so that Lythare could sit as well.

Aethalia

Aliah looked up and smiled with genuine joy as she recognized Salthar. She was just as happy to see Julius and Lythare as well, but Salthar had and always would hold a special place in her heart. "Salthar!" She rose from her own seat to greet her fellow vampire. "It is great to see you again. Despite the circumstances" then she went to greet the two younger companions, with a tender hug. It was clear all of them had seen some form of combat in the last little while, but it looked like none of them were too badly harmed.

Madrar

The Shadow in the Dark.
    Salthar was relieved to see Aliah as well, but he remained standing. "I don't have long" he explained glancing at the others, but directing most of his attention towards Aliah. "I am headed to see the head of my order, Sarthil the Black. He may have some wisdom that will see us through this war intact." He then looked at the rest of his companions, and smiled in an almost pained fashion. "As for the rest of you: I would not delay too long before departing. Move in small groups to avoid detection. If all goes well, we will meet again, in Solitude" and with that, the vampire lord turned on his heel, his robes billowing as he left the inn, and moments later, was at the gates of the city, preparing to head to the tower of the head of the council. Sarthil the Black.

Baneloth

Donath grinned as Salthar Vivarian entered, with both Lythare and Julius ahead of him, and looking exhausted. As both of them sat down, Salthar announced that he would be departing, and suggested that the others do the same. At first, Donath was confused, but it didn't take him long to catch on. If they moved in one large group, it was more likely the enemy would notice their movements, and try to capture or kill them. If they split up, they could move through Skyrims vastly untamed, and unconquered countryside, to Solitude. But one question still nagged at him. "Where will ye be goin' then? Out on yer own? Ye're powerful, but the damned Blight has troops to spare, elf"

Drahkma

"I would tend to agree with Donath. The Blight is spreading, Salthar. Even you may not be powerful enough to stop those sent after you" the knight said quietly. He knew that the enemy could have spies just about anywhere, and though a crowded tavern was not as safe a place for discussion as it had once been. Seeing no one that appeared to be watching or listening, he turned back to the others. He hesitated to contradict his friend. Salthar was almost always right when suggesting such an action, but Averaine couldn't let the powerful sorcerer go to his death. "And if we do split up, before we meet at Solitude, where shall you go?"

Madrar

The Shadow in the Dark.
    "Where will ye be goin' then? Out on yer own? Ye're powerful, but the damned Blight has troops to spare, elf" Donath spoke up, and a moment later, Averaine spoke up as well, supporting his friend. "I would tend to agree with Donath. The Blight is spreading, Salthar. Even you may not be powerful enough to stop those sent after you" Salthar had to admit both the Nord warrior and the vampire knight had good points. Salthar was powerful, but the Blight numbered in the thousands, at least. Should the enemy catch one of the groups, there was little likelihood that they'd survive.

But at the same time, a large group would attract the attention of larger groups of Blight forces. "What you say is true. However, the smaller our groups are, the less chance of catching us. Currently, they're consolidating their recent prize of Riften. We should move now, while we can still move relatively freely" he explained. "As for myself, I will be consulting with the head of my order. He is wise and powerful. He'll help us. I go now" with that, Salthar inclined his head, turned on his heel and was out the door, and on his way to Tor Ordrass. The home of Sorath the black. Head of Salthars order.

Aethalia

Aliah listened to the others quietly, especially Salthar. He seemed convinced that the head of his order would be able to help, and with what the companions were up against, they would need all the help they could get. Aliah got to her feet as well. "Salthar makes a good point. The enemy is looking for all of us together. It may be best if we split up, at least until we can meet again in Solitude." She swept her gaze over the others, pondering for a few minutes. "Torin, you, Lythare, Julius and Elizabeth should form one group. The rest of us will form the other" she instructed. "We will meet again in Solitude. We leave now"

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts