• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Templar of Talos

Bane of Elves and Vampires
There's been plenty of discussion on what we hope will be the plot for future DLC (Thalmor, Dwemer, Forsworn etc). But what about features, the stuff that makes DLC more interesting.

1) Talking Giants, alright giants ain't exactly friendly when you approach a Mammoth camp, but perhaps if you had the option to talk, you could trade with them (the do drop a hell of a lot of loot when you kill them). maybe get quests off them, or have them as followers.

2) The return of Goblins. I know Goblins aren't native to Skyrim, but nothing stopping them from Migrating north and there are plenty of caves for them to settle in. A few clan feuds would do a lot to get the local farmers riled to hire a good sellsword to clear them out.

3) New weapons: Shortswords (lower damage than swords, higher attack speed, bonus damage when used in off hand). Battlehammers (Higher damage than Maces with slower attack speed. Damage bonius when used in main hand, ignores 25% of armour with a 75% to stagger when a power attack used)

4) New crafting: Spell crafting. The ability to mix spells from the same School of magic for different effects (i.e. Mix Magelight and Clairvoyance, you get a direction indicator that stays lit and lights your way) This may need some thought and restrictions may apply but it could work.

5) Hardcore Mode. You have to consume food and drink to keep healthy, and sleep for a certain amount of hours per game day (5 hours the minimum). Lack of food and drink will lower health and stamina slowly, the speed of the loss increases. Eating cooked food will solve the problem, eating non-cooked food will help but you get a 50 percent chance of picking up a food poisoning de-buff. Lack of sleep will drain your stamina slowly. Go over the alloted time by 4 hours and you collapse (not during a fight though). You'll wake up 4 hours later with all your stamina, but you'll have a non-well rested debuff that slows your sprinting speed and vision for an hour and you'll loose a 10th of your gold because you were robbed while uncounscious.

Those are just a few I can think off... Any more?

Serebro Moniker

He who moves it moves it
As I said in another topic, a Quick Start. There's a PC Mod that replaces the Tutorial sequence, and instead the character simply blacks out and wakes up after the attack ends.