• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Halkin

pzzzztt
I think if you read the posts and other threads on this subject more carefully you will find that we all accept it is impossible to create a game of such magnitude as not to have a few bugs or teething problems, but if you look at the whole thing it just boils down to the fact that the game, although excellent, has been produced poorly yet we have to pay top money for a shoddy piece of work, otherwise there would have been just an odd patch to clean up little problems not major issues.

i bought it pre-release, i consider my money well spent. £30.00 for over 1400 hours of play is more than i get from most other games (maybe the civ games get more, or terraria). as for bugs i havent had a single game breaker that i couldnt fix via pc 'console', i guess console users have a rougher time but thats their problem

xSuoiveDx

Dave, The Quiet One.
I found there were two types of glitches. First were coding errors that produced unexpected outcomes, and usually just needed tracking down and fixing. The second type occurred when a player discovered a way to do something that was clearly not in the spirit of the game, but which was possible within the mechanics of gameplay.

I'm not talking about glitches that a player uses in a game like COD, not sure which COD Game it was that had the lean glitch.

I'm talking about this kind of glitch.........>>>

The biggest problem that game creators have is when they patch a game is that the coding from the original game clashes with the coding in the patch & then you can get a multitude of other issues like the game crashing or freezing or even creating another glitch.

scarey

I've not had a single game-breaking glitch.

I'm on a single playthrough of about 400+ hours on 5 year old fat PS3.

I've completed the civil war, companions, mages college, dark brotherhood, thieves guild and 14 of the daedric quest lines, and a large chunk of the main quest. I've completed 130+ quests and 250+ miscellaneous objectives.

The game has crashed maybe a dozen times, but I have autosaves on and have about a dozen saves I scroll through, so have not lost too much time.

The only glitches I have had is dragons not burning up when dead, I have a book for a quest I can't give, Lydia is permanently over encumbered and I have a fair few objectives to go get my bounty, which I have done and have not cleared from the list. And that is it.

Now I appreciate I have been extraordinarily lucky, but if I had been a tester for Bethesda this is all I would have reported back, as it's all I have experienced.

*Rushes off to touch every piece of wood within a 3-mile radius*

JClarke1953

Hmm, just read the "fixes" tomorrow's patch is supposed to take care of (hope it works good for the XBox, lol). I might just unplug my Internet connection until I read how well or bad the patch treats the game. I DO hope the patch does work after all of the hassle's all of us have had to deal with. If it doesn't, I guess we're down the creek I guess. And of course there isn't anything to fix Arcwind Point, because if you take that Word Wall, you'll not get another from Arngier, as it stays in the Miscellaneous log.

I had my first major freezes yesterday, 3 inside of 20-minutes. They occurred when leaving Severin Manor, Breezehome and the main gate of Whiterun.

As far as what Bethesda has done or not done? I'm not sure, as I've not seen their work area's. Thing is, if Blizzard can keep up, and put patches in when needed, why won't Bethesda? I also play Dishonored, and so far there's been no problems, yet in the short time I've had it, there's been more update's in the few weeks I've played than what Bethesda has put out the 14-months I've played Skyrim.

Gotta dumb question though. Been trying to see how much time I've put in, and am not sure where to look. Will the hour's count all 3 char's, or just one?

Shadow King

Grand master of the Order of Talos.
Hmm, just read the "fixes" tomorrow's patch is supposed to take care of (hope it works good for the XBox, lol). I might just unplug my Internet connection until I read how well or bad the patch treats the game. I DO hope the patch does work after all of the hassle's all of us have had to deal with. If it doesn't, I guess we're down the creek I guess. And of course there isn't anything to fix Arcwind Point, because if you take that Word Wall, you'll not get another from Arngier, as it stays in the Miscellaneous log.

I had my first major freezes yesterday, 3 inside of 20-minutes. They occurred when leaving Severin Manor, Breezehome and the main gate of Whiterun.

As far as what Bethesda has done or not done? I'm not sure, as I've not seen their work area's. Thing is, if Blizzard can keep up, and put patches in when needed, why won't Bethesda? I also play Dishonored, and so far there's been no problems, yet in the short time I've had it, there's been more update's in the few weeks I've played than what Bethesda has put out the 14-months I've played Skyrim.

Gotta dumb question though. Been trying to see how much time I've put in, and am not sure where to look. Will the hour's count all 3 char's, or just one?

U count all ure charachters times, if tomorows patch Doesnt improve things Bethesdas taking the piss and should drop fallout4 and any other stuff to correct problems in a game people have paid for.

Shadow King

are u on xbox should tell u the time beside a save multiply all ure builds times and thats how long u have put in

Bone Of The Foz

BY THE EIGHT! WHAT IN OBLIVION IS THAT!?!
i bought it pre-release, i consider my money well spent. £30.00 for over 1400 hours of play is more than i get from most other games (maybe the civ games get more, or terraria). as for bugs i havent had a single game breaker that i couldnt fix via pc 'console', i guess console users have a rougher time but thats their problem

I totally agree for the size and scope of play that skyrim offers, 44 quid plus the expansions is a great deal, especially after 3000 odd hours and im still hooked on it, still looking for diffrent angles to approch the storylines and quest lines, before skyrim and call of duty world at war, 1 run through was usually enugh for me on any game, well with exception to GTA San Andreas, another 3000 hours of my lifetime there it was an epic game to but everything else ive played, from shootem ups to racing games nothings ever taken a hold of me like skyrim has, glitches aside, im sure im not the only person here to put their hands up and say Skyrims the single greatest game they have ever played, I'll list my top 5 games of all time and im sure allot will mirror the ones i prefer, i usually go with the masses on my recommendations lol

1 - The Elder Scroll's - Skyrim (xbox 360)
2 - The Elder Scroll's - Oblivion (xbox 360)
3 - Grand Theft Auto - San Andeas (Xbox Original)
4 - Metal Gear Solid 3 - Snake-Eater (Playstation 2)
5 - Pokermon Gold/Silver Edition's (Nintendo Gameboy Colour)

Thats just my top 5 in my opinion but im guessing alot of people will say those are some of the best games out there, i dont enclude Call of Duty on that last for 1 reason, The Whole Cod Series has been good, but to be honest after what?...11 titles including the Modern Warfare Editions, it is starting to get a bit boring now, good for a change of format but I always have and most likely always will fall back into the whole Elder Scrolls Obssession after a day or 2, untill anothers released, and I can almost guareentee ill be at the head of the que for the next Elder Scroll's, probably on the next gen consoles.

As for console user's having a hard time, you are right there, we havent got access to the massive ammounts of mod's that are available to PC user's, we relay on the patches to sort whatever issues we have, ok there is a few mods for the xbox i kow that but if your connected to xbox live and use these theres a very real chance if microsoft detect these on your system they shut your console down and ban it from Live, (Which I know they do as ive had a few mates that have used Graphics Mods, and Admittedly Aim-bots etc on COD Black Ops 2 who now had to either give up cod or buy new consoles to get online again, serves them right in my opinion, Aim-bots are for fags who cant play the game...my opinion only there) so As i said in a previous post, i hope the update is all its cracked up to be, as unfortunatly for us console users, there wont be a repair patch available in days like the PC users have come to expect, and for XBOX Live users if we dont update we cant play the game basically, unless we disconnect as Jclarke Said above.

gangraad

dragonguard
I just can't wait for the new 1.9 patch for the consoles. Apparently it's being finalised or whatever at Microsoft and then it will be released within two weeks. The removal of the level cap really intrigues me, I hear you can re-do a skill? Not sure how this all works but looking forward to finding out. Apparently the patch fixes a lot of bugs which is handy. I here some people are angry that the ogma infinium cheat has been removed. Personally I think it totally took all fun out of the play through, so no big loss to me. Anybody know anything else about it?

I'm curious, how dic others using the oghma infinium glitch take out the fun of your play through?

For me, with very limited time on my hands, the glitch has helped me getting access to end game content I most surely never would have seen. If you do not like the glitch, don't use it. It's very simple really. I use cheats and if 1.9 remove this glitch, I will not dl it.

Halkin

pzzzztt
I'm curious, how dic others using the oghma infinium glitch take out the fun of your play through?

For me, with very limited time on my hands, the glitch has helped me getting access to end game content I most surely never would have seen. If you do not like the glitch, don't use it. It's very simple really. I use cheats and if 1.9 remove this glitch, I will not dl it.

i can understand that fully, but for me i'd never use a 'cheat' glitch or call it what you will. i consider this and previous ES titles immersion games. i want to live the game as much as possible. i too have limited time to play games but in skyrim i want to walk the land and see what it has to offer, i hate the thought i would miss something by fast travelling. be it a giant, skeever, dragon or just some random fuy on his way to wherever i enjoy encountering them.

but to each their own, its your game play it as you see fit imo

Shadow King

I agree the Oghma should not be fixed, I have a friend who is always busy and has hardly anytime to play Skyrim the only way he could fight a legendary dragon and the ebony warrior was to use this glitch on his 2nd build not his main, without the glitch he would never probs ever get to fight the ebony warrior, he hates grinding skills, so his only chance to fight ebony without oghma glitch is lose his job and go against his ways and grind like fuuuuk lol, and lets be honest if one person told me they got to level 81 without grinding at least a little I would call them a lier, it just cant be done no one really needs all the skill sets that much.

gangraad

dragonguard
i see your point, what I'm trying to point out is, that no one forced anyone to use the glitch, why I don't understand that it can ruin a persons experiance, if they do not exploit it?

JClarke1953

As far as raising the leveling? I thought I had read something in the patch about our char's going back to lvl 15? Then we can reset our Skill points? I don't get why, as if the right Black Book is in possession, it can be used to reset them. So why bother?

I hate that they got rid of the exploit of Ohgma. Maybe another will be discovered, lol!

I had been wondering what's been in the works tho'. There's a Stormcloak camp across the road from Whiterun, and there's been other subtle changes as well.

Shadow King

As far as raising the leveling? I thought I had read something in the patch about our char's going back to lvl 15? Then we can reset our Skill points? I don't get why, as if the right Black Book is in possession, it can be used to reset them. So why bother?

I hate that they got rid of the exploit of Ohgma. Maybe another will be discovered, lol!

I had been wondering what's been in the works tho'. There's a Stormcloak camp across the road from Whiterun, and there's been other subtle changes as well.

weird u saying that, last night I killed ulfric then went to whiterun and there was that stormcloak camp with one soldier in it :S not sure if it appears there after the battle for whiterun or not?

High King of Skyrim

King of the barbarian horde

Ganggraad??? I'm a little confused at your question. I assume you meant how did, not how dic for starters. Secondly, I said it took all the fun out of my, meaning me and me alone, my play through. I found I felt unfulfilled running around with a overpowered character I simply didn't earn. Personally, I'm not interested if you use it or you don't my good man, so you using it doesn't affect my play through at all. Lastly, there may be no need for you to spit the dummy, I'm only saying what I heard! Relax and enjoy mate:)

scarey

In re-setting your skill back to 15 you get to level it again, and in doing so increase your overall level, so you can now go beyond the old level cap.
I'm quite looking forward to this as my lockpicking skill is at 100, but setting it back to 15 means I will get to level up again picking locks, without having to grind a skill I never use. Hence I can get to meet the Ebony Warrior without grinding, for example.

Twiffle

just thought i would say the following, we are talking about poor programming, faulty software and piss poor shoddy work not glitches, the definition of 'glitch' is (noun) A sudden, usually temporary malfunction or irregularity of equipment: "a computer glitch", ogmah is not a sudden temporary malfunction, neither was the dagger smithing but part of the programming, ,

Bone Of The Foz

BY THE EIGHT! WHAT IN OBLIVION IS THAT!?!
Hence I can get to meet the Ebony Warrior without grinding, for example.
becasue of my habit of power leveling smithing and enchanting in riverwood and speech in Riften to begin with (Glitch i know but its a useful 1) i usually encounter ebony dude around lvl 35-40 in the reach somewhere, and normally when i havent sorted my own equipment out, when im hunting down some forsworn to make my character look sex.....errrrrrrrr.....Fashionable... :)

Twiffle

becasue of my habit of power leveling smithing and enchanting in riverwood and speech in Riften to begin with (Glitch i know but its a useful 1) i usually encounter ebony dude around lvl 35-40 in the reach somewhere, and normally when i havent sorted my own equipment out, when im hunting down some forsworn to make my character look sex.....errrrrrrrr.....Fashionable... :)

See above, riften is not a glitch, it was programmed like that otherwise by definition it would be just a one off,, j

scarey

Part of me wonders whether they originally programmed all these methods of quickly advancing skills for testing purposes to save time, and left them in. It seems rather convenient that there is one for pretty much every skill.

Twiffle

i think scarey may have hit the nail on the head there,, it was prevelant in the early days, convenient progression prgramming in games

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts