New Class Idea: The Witchdoctor

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Docvoodo

Hi, I was playing Dead Island earlier with "Who Do You Voodoo" blasting away on my computer, when it got to the part of "I got a zombie army, you can't harm me" I got the idea for a new class:

The Witchdoctor:

This build is pretty much centered off the fact of "Voodoo Zombies" (Which aren't really dead, but close to). The Witchdoctor uses a variety of curses, the power of the elements, necromantic magic, and the power of Illusion to destroy his enemies and to bend them to his/hers will.
)
This build has the Role-playing involved as well (although you can just skip past it). You don't have to Role-play this build at all.

How to Role Play as a Witch Doctor: Witchdoctors live on the outskirts of society, seen as outcasts. You will not go into the bigger cities very often, if at all. You should only do so for quests. Go to one of the smaller towns if you need supplies you can't get off of the land (such as soul gems). Live in one of the various shacks you encounter (such as Anise's Cabin, which comes with an alchemy lab) or if you have Hearthfire build one of those houses. Avoid guilds all together (The College of Winterhold is an exception, just complete the first quest to get access to the vendors). You can join the Dark Brotherhood because they will accept you. Living off to land pretty much gives you access to fur and leather armor (although if you must you can use robes). Do as many Daedric quests as you can, because you won't be smithing you can get access to some pretty great equipment. The Witchdoctor has no morals, feel free to indulge yourself in quests such as Namira, Molag Bol, Boethia, etc. You can marry if you want, but when your trying to go back outside and do some evil deeds hearing ("Hello Love" kind of diminishes the feel of being a merciless Witchdoctor). That's just a little bit on how to role play as a Witchdoctor, make sure to have fun!

Race: Argonian/Dunmer/Redguard

Standing Stone: The Ritual/Serpent/Shadow

Skills:

Primary:

Conjuration

Destruction

Enchanting

Secondary:

Alchemy/Restoration (For RP, go Alchemy)

Illusion

One Handed/Light Armor (For RP I would go light armor since you won't be wearing robes, fur or leather armor would work)

Notes on Skills:

Conjuration: This is a mix of defense and offense. Your defense is going to be your dead thralls (or dead raised temporarily) soaking up damage and dealing it for you. For offense you can conjure up a bound weapon and attack with that.

Destruction: This is your primary source of damage, you can use whatever elemental spell you want. However for RP I would go Fire and Shock spells. Take perks increasing the damage and reducing the cost of them as soon as you can to maximize your damage potential.

Enchanting: You aren't going to be wearing robes except when you start off and need to level your enchanting. You should enchant your zombie's weapons and armor as well as your own.

Alchemy/Restoration: I would go alchemy for the rp feel of crafting poisons, but I prefer restoration since you can heal your zombies, use whatever you prefer.

Illusion: This great for getting out of fights and helps with the "I'm a all powerful being" feel. This should be a primary skill is you plan on playing above adept or expert.

One Handed/Light Armor: If you play on Adept or lower I would go the one handed route because if you run out of magicka you have something to fall back on, armor perks won't be very important either. If you play on expert or higher, light armor allows for extra protection and helps you make greater use of the fur/leather armor. If you are just using the build then use whatever light armor you like.

I've tried this build out recently, and I'm loving it so far. I only have to tune the difficulty down if my zombies are being killed and I get swarmed. (I play on Master, sometimes adept or legendary, it depends on the situation) I the RP expect of it is fun, sometimes a little annoying because of the limited city contact.

Let me know what you think about the build, and if you try it out yourself what you think. I'm open to suggestions on how I can improve it as well.

Note: I feel this build would work better in Oblivion because of the spellcrafting system (For a curse I could create a spell that did say: 20 Fire damage over 5 seconds and Damage Fatigue 15).

JoeReese

Finally a good use for forsworn armor and headdress, but don't think for a moment I wouldn't mod this into the combat music slot.

Naginata

Huntress of the Shadows
That sounds cool :) And in customization, war paint all the way! The more scars and war paint you have, the more convincing the character is :) I like how you'd be going for a more tribal vibe. I wish you could make friends with the Forsworn somehow, because that would be so badass.

LuChao

The Martial artist
OMG totally just got WitchDoctor playing in my head now and Love Who Do You Voodoo

LuChao

The Martial artist
this witchdoctor song is the one that got into my head

Docvoodo

That sounds cool :) And in customization, war paint all the way! The more scars and war paint you have, the more convincing the character is :) I like how you'd be going for a more tribal vibe. I wish you could make friends with the Forsworn somehow, because that would be so badass.

I'm assuming you know this, but you "can". Just complete "No One Escapes Cidhna Mine" on Madonach's side. If you follow him and his band out of Markarth they go to Druadach Rebout and all the Forsworn there are friendly.

The only obstacles I find with this build is when you are in areas where your followers and thralls can't follow you (E.g. Azura's Star) and without them fights get a little difficult. I just finished slaying Miraak. Without my Thralls I had to resort to hiding behind the stacks of books with Fireball in both hands with multiple healing potions (20+) on hand and jumping out every now and then and bombard Miraak with fire. It took 10 minutes, but I succeeded in killing him. I felt good about myself so me and my party ( Talvas in full enchanted Forsworn armor, and two bandit chief thralls) went out to Dawnstar to buy some Fire salts and to sell off some loot...bad mistake. When the loading screen finished, I heard a dragon roar and then I was aware of my character's head toppling to the ground as a Master Vampire one hit killed her with a decapitation.

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass
BillyWitchDoctor.com
1 convenient locations
in Africa

Finally a good use for forsworn armor and headdress, but don't think for a moment I wouldn't mod this into the combat music slot.

I would condone this mod and use it.

Naginata

Huntress of the Shadows

I'm assuming you know this, but you "can". Just complete "No One Escapes Cidhna Mine" on Madonach's side. If you follow him and his band out of Markarth they go to Druadach Rebout and all the Forsworn there are friendly.

The only obstacles I find with this build is when you are in areas where your followers and thralls can't follow you (E.g. Azura's Star) and without them fights get a little difficult. I just finished slaying Miraak. Without my Thralls I had to resort to hiding behind the stacks of books with Fireball in both hands with multiple healing potions (20+) on hand and jumping out every now and then and bombard Miraak with fire. It took 10 minutes, but I succeeded in killing him. I felt good about myself so me and my party ( Talvas in full enchanted Forsworn armor, and two bandit chief thralls) went out to Dawnstar to buy some Fire salts and to sell off some loot...bad mistake. When the loading screen finished, I heard a dragon roar and then I was aware of my character's head toppling to the ground as a Master Vampire one hit killed her with a decapitation.

I knew that, but I wish you could be friends with ALL the Forsworn as the Witchdoctor and not just that one cave... that would make it seem like you're a celebrated icon among the Foreworn and that they look up to you. It would be awesome if you could walk around and the Forsworn would say "Greetings, elder" or something like that, acknowledging that you're an idol :D

Docvoodo

I knew that, but I wish you could be friends with ALL the Forsworn as the Witchdoctor and not just that one cave... that would make it seem like you're a celebrated icon among the Foreworn and that they look up to you. It would be awesome if you could walk around and the Forsworn would say "Greetings, elder" or something like that, acknowledging that you're an idol :D

Yeah, and it would be nice to not have to gasp in horror as a Forsworn Briarheart who just survived a barrage of fire and shock spells with only a tiny splinter of health reduced coming charging at you, and to proceed to impale you upon his swords... (Playing on Legendary is rage inducing, but like Dark Souls you keep just coming back for more and more.

I would LOVE to have my own little tent at Karthspire, it would be nice if you get forsworn followers as well. I would just die if I could get a Forsworn follower, have you ever seen what two forsworn ravager (mages) dead thralls can do? Summoning frost atronachs, ice storms and icy spears, great stuff.

jakethetiger2

Yeah I think that would be a good character but my only question is would you be able to pick them as a character at the beginning or would you have to be infected by it like a werewolf or a vampire

Sent from my device of awesomeness

Docvoodo

Yeah I think that would be a good character but my only question is would you be able to pick them as a character at the beginning or would you have to be infected by it like a werewolf or a vampire

I'm sorry, what do you mean? You could make a Witchdoctor right out of Helgen or on an existing character (provided you have the Dragonborn DLC, in which case you can regain perk points).

Are you asking if a Witchdoctor can become a werewolf or a vampire? You can become one of those if you wish, I can't find a reason why not. I can see a Witchdoctor becoming a werewolf (It fits the shamanistic idea of being one with nature) or a vampire (While a Witchdoctor works with a nature a bit, they control much darker forces so becoming a creature of the night can work as well).

jakethetiger2

I'm sorry, what do you mean? You could make a Witchdoctor right out of Helgen or on an existing character (provided you have the Dragonborn DLC, in which case you can regain perk points).

Are you asking if a Witchdoctor can become a werewolf or a vampire? You can become one of those if you wish, I can't find a reason why not. I can see a Witchdoctor becoming a werewolf (It fits the shamanistic idea of being one with nature) or a vampire (While a Witchdoctor works with a nature a bit, they control much darker forces so becoming a creature of the night can work as well).

No I mean will you be able to choose the witch doctor a character at the begging of the game or will it be something you have to be infected by LIKE a werewolf or a vampire

Docvoodo

No I mean will you be able to choose the witch doctor a character at the begging of the game or will it be something you have to be infected by LIKE a werewolf or a vampire

Yes, you can make a witchdoctor right at the beginning of the game. You can't contract a disease to make you a witchdoctor (although that would make an interesting mod).

jakethetiger2

Yes, you can make a witchdoctor right at the beginning of the game. You can't contract a disease to make you a witchdoctor (although that would make an interesting mod).

Ok that answered my question

I'm here to kick ass and chew bubblegum

And I'm all out of bubblegum

LotusEater

I brake for blue butterflies

Warning... foul language...

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts