New character (different race) maybe?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Favorite race

• Total voters

Volanere

Grand Magister
Well im already bored with my Altmer that i cheated to get to lvl 81 with, go figure. Choose your favorite race to help me out, which ever one gets the most votes i will play as. Also feel free to give some ideas on a build for the race you choose, cause i havent really played alot of different styles.

Altmer, fastest running speed, and the only stat boost in the game. Even if you're playing a hybrid with Magic as a secondary, you can spend your level points on Health, for instance, and be ahead of the curve.

For a different build, I'd say an Arcane Archer. Bound Bow (In Ft. Amol Dungeon in a bucket) they can cast it with nothing more than a Novice Hood until reaching Adept Conjuration. No crafting, Sneak, unarmored (Shrouded clothes really help) and if you like, the Targe of the Blooded, or a hand weapon for the off hand. Sheathe, and it's conjured immediately from inventory (or when it times out) without having to hotkey, or go through the menus. A left handed dagger, or sword has a good quick stabbing power attack that breaks Block, and may stagger. The Targe for the absolute least amount of Perks, (5 there, Sneak up to Silence, and Deadly Aim, and the left arm of the Archery tree.) Sneak isn't critical except for Deadly Aim, since you just have to get within range, I've done it with Heavy Armor. Just crouch long enough to pull off the shot, and otherwise, keep your mobility. It actually helps to have a Tank Follower, you can send them forward with commands to keep them busy while you snipe from the shadows...

Once my Conjuration leveled up from multiple castings, I branched out into Necormancy...
FF03FE5F0D80346C29024E7C1C534D0AC2EE32CF

Grogmar Ghrobash

'Tis better to be alone, then of bad company.
I voted Orcs, but I really don't know what sort of build you should get as I mostly just pick the simpler ones. But if you really wanna look into what build you could get for a warrior, check these out. He'd probably explain it better than me anyhow.

I think he wanted to try something different. Orc Warrior is probably the most common build, and just about everyone has at least tried it.

The Phoenician

Shiney, let's be bad guys.
Im working on a Argonian thief/ illusionist. So far its been a lot of fun and a pretty good challenge.

Volanere

Grand Magister
All good advice thanks everyone.:D

Grogmar Ghrobash

I think he wanted to try something different. Orc Warrior is probably the most common build, and just about everyone has at least tried it.

That's why I gave him 3 options.

jRi0T68

i havent really played alot of different styles.

Seems to me like any race/style other than his current build would be suitable, even if it's not some unheard of combination. I think those 3 options sound perfectly valid.

If he does want to get unique, though, identity disorder could be fun/funny, like an Orc pacifist priest, exiled for being un-orc-like, or a Bosmer Heavy Armor knight, who was raised by Nords and convinced he's a Nord. :confused:

Grogmar Ghrobash

Right, of 3 cookie cutter buids that have been around for over a year. I'm not trying to start an argument here, but none of those are exactly different.

Different than what he's used, which is what he asked for.

Harc

Big Hog
All good advice thanks everyone.:D
May I suggest a monk? Monk meaning using no weapons except fists and magic, you need your heavy armor to be 30, and you need the perk that does your gauntlets armor rating in damage. Then get the gloves of the pugilist, disenchant them, put fortify unarmed on a ring. Wear the gauntlets and the ring, and you'll do a plopsload of unarmed damage, (you'll do more with a khajit because of the claws)

TheDovahkiin

The Fabled Stealer Of Sweetrolls
A cat rolling with stealth and haters hating on his daggers is the best in my opinion. He looks great, and I love beast-races.

Volanere

Grand Magister
May I suggest a monk? Monk meaning using no weapons except fists and magic, you need your heavy armor to be 30, and you need the perk that does your gauntlets armor rating in damage. Then get the gloves of the pugilist, disenchant them, put fortify unarmed on a ring. Wear the gauntlets and the ring, and you'll do a plopsload of unarmed damage, (you'll do more with a khajit because of the claws)
Thats a awesome idea!!!

Cypherion the Multi

Skyrim is the opposite of Middle Earth?!
Wait, I guess it's time for the Dwarves to show up.Or maybe not.Just sayin'.