Need some help with Skills

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

AGxD

I wanna go stealth, so I was thinking of putting my skills into these:

-archery
-onehanded
-lockpicking
-pickpocket
-sneak
-speech

any particular order I should put these in? is this even a good build? Also, I was thinking of using daggers since they have high attack speed and they're quieter.

A.Auditore

maybe...
go sneak pickpocket one handed archery lockpick speech?? idk i was just putting my 2 cents in

A.Auditore

maybe...
i guess depends what style your going for? sneaky killer? then sneak and one handed/archery would be good combos

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
I would focus on Archery, One-Handed, Light Armor, and Sneak in no particular order because you are going to level them in conjunction with one another, i.e. sneak up on opponents, hit them with an arrow and as many as you can after you are detected and switch to one-handed melee once the distance is closed. Light Armor will level just from taking hits.

For Lockpicking stock up on lockpicks and just pick locks when the opportunity presents itself. You can pick any lock that doesn't say it can only be opened with a key. The sweet spot just gets smaller with each difficulty level for the lock.

Oliverjames

I'd say sneak, archery, one handed, light armour, lockpicking, pickpocketing. Having a high sneak level and perks more than makes up for the lower damage value of arrows and daggers at lower levels.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
2 cautionary notes about leveling Pickpocket skill. The first is that you can't sell stolen items until you are either a member of the Thieves Guild or have 90 Speech skill and the Fence perk (and if you join the Thieves Guild most of the Speech perks are not worth it IMO, including the Fence perk).

The second is that leveling Pickpocket skill is relatively easy. So easy that you may be tempted to level it a lot which at your level is going to gimp your character in combat.

Shoor

Clan Thu'um Guard
Doing this right now, I'd go with (same as most of the above) Archery, One-Handed, Sneak, and Light Armor. Don't bother putting perks into lockpicking, it's not a very useful skill tree for me. Same with pickpocketing. As usual, don't forget your smithing, enchanting, etc.

Necromis

I'd also suggest using the warrior stone until you find the lover, or another you like better. Your sneak will level pretty good and that will get your archery and one-handed up pretty fast. Also I would go for the DB quest line early to get the shrouded armour.

Ffxij

I did some one-handed, but later on I found myself using my bow even face to face. Dagger assassinations are fun, but if I can get close enough for my dagger I could have easily picked them off with an arrow.

In situations where im detected, my bow does a ton more damage then dual daggers or swords anyway.

Necromis

true, but there are sometimes when you can't see an enemy before you are right on him, like around a corner, in those times it is good to have one-handed. plus with the right perks a backstab owns bows damage wise. Though I still prefer to snipe with a sneaky more so.

Jamirus

Eater of random alchemy ingredients
You should mainly focus on Sneak and archery. Get the assasin stab perk from sneak so you'll do 15 times damage and use light armour and muffle to make detection harder. You'll soon be dispatching enimies silently and from afar.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts