PS3 Need some advice on what class to choose

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
I don't know if this is the right place to post, but it does say "Need help on a quest?, Confused abotu storly-line?" sorta related. I do not know what class to choose. A Mage or warrior or ranger. I need your opinons guys, to the ranger guys is it fun being a ranger only using the bow as its easy to kill far away, tell me its bad things and good things, cheers if you reply.

ShadowGambit

All depends on the style YOU like to play.

Sneaky Assassin mage is great fun. My main is a sneaky assassin.

Main Skills:
- Archery (Overdrawn 5/5, Eagle Eye and power shot are a must. I use Elven bow, I prefer it to Heavy bows)
- Sneak (Stealth 1/5, Backstab and Deadly Aim)
- Illusion (Get Quiet Casting and Dual casting for Frenzy at high level. Master of the mind is nice also)
- Conjuration (Mystic Binding and Soul Stealer. Use mostly Bound bow and Summon Dremora Lord)
- Light Armor (Agile defender 1/5, Custom fit, Unhindered and Wind Walker. I use Elven Armor, boot and gloves with Nightingale Cowl)

Secondary Skills:
- Alchemy (Alchemist 5/5, Benefactor)
- Enchanting (Enchanter 5/5, Insightful, Corpus and Extra Effects)
- Smithing (Steel, Elven, Dwarven and Arcane)
- Secondary weapon

Note about secondary weapon: Some will choose Sword or Dagger, so they go One-Handed (Armsman 5/5). Another option is to go Shield on the left hand and Bound Bow on the right hand. When you dispel your Bound Bow, your shield is automatically equipped. So you can Bash straight Away, giving some time afterward to get away and keep shooting with your bow.

Use of Illusion/Conjuration: if you are surrounded by enemies that spotted you, then cast Frenzy. The one that keep coming at you, cast Summon Dremora or Flame/frost/Storm atronach. They will take care of the aggro in melee. Step back, equip your bound bow and shoot your enemies.

blue 468

they all have there ups and downs but my personal favorite is a Ranger. I mostly start off in sneak and take a couple of shots with my bow, and once they have spotted me I usually pull out my dual swords or keep on firing my bow.:)

The beauty of this game is that any Race can be any type of character. I would suggest trying anything that takes your fancy and, when you are done or tired, pick something completely different. The same quest will feel differently with different character types.

Bira96

Any class can be really fun. It's fun watching your character use 3 different kill animations on a horde of enemies as a warrior, but it's hilarious being sneaky and sniping your enemies with arrows to death. It can also be helpful when you have to face an enemy much tougher than you. (Curse you, bandit chiefs!) But what I recommend for every player is to invest your skills in alchemy and pickpocketing. Poisons can be a godsend in a tough fight, and learning to mix your own health, stamina and magic potions can save you a fortune from those highly priced shopkeeps. And once you get the perk that let's you take equipped weapons off someone, a fight with them will be a million times easier.

Thanks guys, i do love the warrior but i have played/completed skyrim with it and its just tank boring. I'll try the archer, cheers.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts