• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
Remember that golden claw thing that you used to go through the door, in one of the first caves in skyrim? It was a claw that went into the wall and you had to adjust the dragonfly, bear, and i think the owl. Well I've done some quests for the companions, and now I'm with the imperial legion. We have to go and clear out the stormcloaks from a cave, and that wall comes up again. I searched the whole cave, and all the dead stormcloaks, but I cannot find the claw key. I've even went back to my house, and can't find it. Was I not supposed to give it to someone? Can I get another one? Please help.

Khazrihl

Remember that golden claw thing that you used to go through the door, in one of the first caves in skyrim? It was a claw that went into the wall and you had to adjust the dragonfly, bear, and i think the owl. Well I've done some quests for the companions, and now I'm with the imperial legion. We have to go and clear out the stormcloaks from a cave, and that wall comes up again. I searched the whole cave, and all the dead stormcloaks, but I cannot find the claw key. I've even went back to my house, and can't find it. Was I not supposed to give it to someone? Can I get another one? Please help.

Replying from my droid at work on lunchbreak, that quick enough for you?

Keep in mind there are multiple claws, are you sure the golden one is the right one? Also... which dungeon is this? Shoot us the name. Unless youve come across a bug, the game quest items all the claws until they've been used to open all doors assigned to them. I reread your post after typing this, and ive decided that the claw you need is different. And depending on what dungeon you are in, the claw required may be in a different dungeon.

pjn18

I did the exact same thing. Searched everywhere throughout that cave. Then took a look at the strategy guide and it said its right in front of the door on the ground. haha oops

Phlendo

Hi there, I'm new to the forum and I was hoping I might get some help for the "golden claw" issue I'm having.

I located the golden claw early on in the game for the riverwood quest. I returned the claw to the shopkeep, then stole it. A few days later my game severely glitched out on me (xbox platform), and I lost my talos amulet, some robes, and the golden claw.

Cut to 20 levels later, and I need the golden claw again to complete the Amulet Reforge Quest. Am I correcet in thinking I'm SOL, and there won't be any way to complete this particular quest?

Please help.

Khazrihl

Hi there, I'm new to the forum and I was hoping I might get some help for the "golden claw" issue I'm having.

I located the golden claw early on in the game for the riverwood quest. I returned the claw to the shopkeep, then stole it. A few days later my game severely glitched out on me (xbox platform), and I lost my talos amulet, some robes, and the golden claw.

Cut to 20 levels later, and I need the golden claw again to complete the Amulet Reforge Quest. Am I correcet in thinking I'm SOL, and there won't be any way to complete this particular quest?

Please help.

You don't need the Golden Claw... if there is a door out in the world that needs a certain claw, the game won't let you get rid of that claw until you've used it to open any and all doors that it can open.