Need help deciding which bow to use!

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

spoolx

Hey guys, I dont completely understand the added effects on the bows and I could use some help deciding which one to use for most damage.

Ebony Bow of Depleting - Damage 60 ~ Does 40 points of magika damage
Nightingale Bow - Damage 53 ~ Freezes the target for 20 points and shocks target for 10 points
Ebony Bow(Fine) - Damage 63 ~ No magical powers

My first thought is the Nightingale bow but I am not sure I am correct in saying that because I never recharge the bow, so I am thinking I should take raw damage.

SneakyKiNG77

The Nightingale hands down is the best. The Ebony Bow of Depleting comes in close but the but it would be more effective to say if you were using the Nightingale Bow on mage types. The Ebony bow of Depleting gets rid of their magic with each arrow hit, so they can't do powerful ass spells on you.

spoolx

Even though I am not charging the bow? If I let the charges drop isnt it just raw damage at that point?

demujin

Go into your weapons menu, go to whichever weapon you would like to charge and press RB (360) or R1 (PS3) to recharge the weapon, it will use a Soul Gem.
And remember that soul gems need to have a soul trapped inside. You will know if the gem has a soul inside it because it will say something like...

common soul gem (common soul)
grand soul gem (petty soul)

so...

soul gem type (soul type)

If you need more information, this wiki pretty good. http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Soul_Gem

demujin

Yeah, you can still find black soulgems in places, but I definitely think having the black star is better than the standard azura's star.

pjn18

I did the quest to get the black star but didnt know its purpose before i saw everyone talking on here...I sold it to some vendor :sadface: lol

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts