Need Advice on a Build Type.

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

BoundByTheWolfBlood

Defiler of the Dead.
I really want to make a healer but I've never tried before, if anyone has and would give me their experience with it I'd give them cheese and cookies thanks!

NinjaStarGod

Well I've never played this Build but I can help you with what i know.

Recommended Races
The following Races get a benefit in Restoration
>High Elf, Argonian And Breton= 20
>Imperial=25

These are All the following entire Skill Boost
>Imperials
Skill bonusesEdit

.Pros: Highest Restoration Boost
.Cons: Contains Warrior Skills not useful for this build

>High Elf
Skill bonuses

.Pros: Start's with 50 extra magic, Starts with spell fury, Highborn ability makes magic regenerate for 60 per day.
.Cons:None

>Breton
Skill bonuses

.Pros:Adds Conjure Familiar at beginning, Boost in Conjuration, Dragonskin absorb 50% o hostile spells for 60 seconds per day & 25% resistance to magic
.Cons: Wards can be used to block 20% magic and can be used more than once a day.

>Argonians
Skill bonuses

SkillModifier
Sneak+5
.Pros:Can Breath Underwater, Can regenerate health quickly once per day
.Cons:More of assassins And thiefs
Skill's to Use
Your main skills will be Restoration, destruction, alteration and enchanting.Whilst two optional skills are Conjuration and Light Armour,also enchanting can be replaced with alchemy.
>Restoration will be the most used skill because this school of magic contains all healing spells and protective spells such as healing hands also lesser ward.
>Alteration will be used to mainly boost Armour rating with spells such as Oak-flesh or ebony-flesh
>Destruction will be your primary mode of attack.(I find that Runes come in handy if your playing stealthy because you can lure enemy's towards them)
>Enchanting Will be used to improve your clothes and (or) your light Armour with enchantments that benefit the healer build.
>Although not required conjuration can be used to add more support in battles with the summoning's of undead

The Beginning
At the beginning of the game you will have access to the spells, healing and flames. I recommend that you avoid fighting until you get the novice mage equipment (this is because they will boost your magic regeneration by 50% and give you an extra 30 magic. Once you reach riverwood go to the riverwood trader's and ask if he sells spells then buy the following if he has them healing hands,oak-flesh and raise zombie. (note: He may also sell novice robes of restoration in the apparel section so be sure to check) I also would recommend getting Fendal Or Sven as a follower because robes give you zero Armour rating and you may not obtain oak-flesh. Once you reach whiterun ether travel to winterhold by foot or carriage. Also Amulets of Mara add a effect for restoration.

Trainers in Restoration
Expert Colette Marence College of Winterhold Typically in The Arcanaeum and must have joined the College
Only available withThe Elder Scrolls V: Dawnguard
A hours work​