Naming your horses and non-human followers

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Chadonraz

Do you do it? :)

I very rarely have followers of any kind, especially animal/creature ones. However, my current character, Ragnhild Eagle-Eye, enjoyed the company of a Dwarven Sphere she found in a certain Dwemer ruin, and named it Mr. Rollaround.
Mr. Rollaround was fairly recently killed (destroyed?) by Esbern, whose Fireballs hit Mr. Rollaround, resulting in a fight. And since Esbern is essential... :mad:

Ragnhild bought her first horse, a black mare from Whiterun, at a low level and named her Blot. They've been travelling together ever since - for about 50 levels now.

Rimfaxe96

Ever since all my horses failed to follow me around or at least survive when straying through the wilderness I gave up on non-human pets unless it's Barbas or Meeko or whatever his name was (although Barbas usually goes back to his owner; if I want a non-human companion it's because I can't stand all their talking).

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
My Death hound was called "Sparkles"
My Dwavern Sphere is called "Steddy" or "Steddy Eddy" cause he's a Steadfast Dwarven Sphere... geddit? :p
My dwarven crossbow with frost enchantment is called "Mr Frosty"
I had another with shock enchantment called..yep "Mr Shocky"
My Dremora Lord is "Linus"

And in DragonAge: Origins, I called my mabari war hound "Twinkles"

Black Orchid

Death Incarnate
I don't currently have any non-human followers with any of my characters (usually because they always get in the way and end up dead), but if I could have one it would definitely be a viscious attack-skeever.

And as far as names go, I might call him 'Fluffer' for lack of anything better.

Anouck

Queen of Procrastination
I've named my horse Artax.

That's right; after Atreyu's horse in The Neverending Story. ;)

I had an Argonian follower I called Boots... What? You said non-human followers.

giphy.gif

Well, I guess in Tamriel "human" means "humanoid".

Argonians are considered a non-human race, like the Khajiit. That's not really a matter of interpretation; it's even in official lore.

DestroyerDevourMaster

"Zu'u Alduin. Zok sahrot do naan ko Lein!"
Being the animal lover that I am, creatures don't tend to accompany me on journeys because of the guilt I'd feel when they die. As for the ones that do tag along, they'd have to be immortal or as close as possible, like Arvak from Dawnguard.

Kalin of High Rock

Faal Lun Vahdin
I've started a new play-through, a Stormcloak berserker named Svanja.

Just out of Riverwood, after escaping Helgan I came across a horse without a rider. I don't normally take horses, but he was right there, waiting for me. No apparent owner.

I've actually come to be quite attached to him. We've been through some tough times. Giants, dragons, saber-cats. Through fire and war. Thundering across the fields of Whiterun, all the way to the city gates she drove the Imperial dogs back to Solitude from the back of that noble steed.

She has named him Ivo, he's her closest companion.

I want to get her a hound, but I don't think it would long survive her "charge first, figure out a strategy later" approach to combat.

The Wanderer

Young Heritic
I'm usually more of a lone wolf, though I had a Familiar which I named Apollo, and I refer to the flame atronach as Flame Princess (yes I enjoy Adventure Time).

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts