Names of your skyrim character

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass

Sahrot Vahlok Spaan. Bahnahgaar. Minion #88!
Staff member
My first character was an epicly failed Bosmer whose name I don't remember. The next one of note was a Redguard named Wolf

After countless more characters and incarnations of "Wolf", I went with a nord named Glidias (based off of a book I will probably never get around to writing).

After that, Glidias evolved into Gidian. Gidian is a name inspired by the guardian angel, "Gideon". I once had a german Sheppard named Gideon, but I was very young and miss spelled it as "Gidian". I am now debating on whether my story's main character will be called "Glidias", "Gidian", or both.

I think of him as "Sahrot Vahlok Spaan" or "Mighty Guardian Shield". There is also a proper dragon name with traditional three syllables. "Bahnahgaar" or "WrathFuryUnleashed"

samgurl775

Cerberus Officer
I could have sworn I've posted in this thread before...all my characters have been named after Game of Thrones characters. In no particular order I've had:
Rhaegar
Domeric
Renly
Theon
Garlan
Joffrey (aw yeah)

I've also had a Loghain (after the character from DA:O).

Gearuvagen

I know, You know
Let see here I have
Virgil Flavius Aquila - Imperial- Legate and Slayer of Alduin.
Carlisle- Imperial Healer & Blade
Saikir Iron-Sided -Nord- Stormcloak hero Member of the circle.
Gerik - Redguard- Not much of anything yet.
Rennac - Nord - Guild master, Imperial Legate.
Roku - Dunmer - Archmage Avid Staff Collector

I have a few more but they are seldom used so...meh.

Snoball

23rd President of the United States of America
My first character and main is a Bosmer named Evice. I actually got the name from the final boss from Pokemon: Coliseum. But how I made a connection between the two is a complete mystery.

Others I used were:
Alexandre Augustine - Nord Paladin
Zephyr Hawkhart - Redguard Tribe Leader
Lyon Victoria - Imperial Pirate
Nero Van Nethre - Dunmer Vampire Hunter
Henrik the Gut - Imperial Chef

Just to name a few :p

-Mir-

Professional milk-drinker
My first character was an epicly failed Bosmer whose name I don't remember. The next one of note was a Redguard named Wolf

After countless more characters and incarnations of "Wolf", I went with a nord named Glidias (based off of a book I will probably never get around to writing).

After that, Glidias evolved into Gidian. Gidian is a name inspired by the guardian angel, "Gideon". I once had a german Sheppard named Gideon, but I was very young and miss spelled it as "Gidian". I am now debating on whether my story's main character will be called "Glidias", "Gidian", or both.

I think of him as "Sahrot Vahlok Spaan" or "Mighty Guardian Shield". There is also a proper dragon name with traditional three syllables. "Bahnahgaar" or "WrathFuryUnleashed"
That's a really good idea! Very interesting names. :) I think he should go by both!

Let me know when you write that book! :D <3

The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass

Sahrot Vahlok Spaan. Bahnahgaar. Minion #88!
Staff member
That's a really good idea! Very interesting names. :) I think he should go by both!

Let me know when you write that book! :D <3
If we both still check in to the forums when I do write it, I will.

Dustman

The Silver Blade
My main character is Marius Dustman

Marius comes from the first name of my favorite assassin recruit from Assassins Creed: Revelations.

When I was creating the character my friend next to me, also playing Skyrim, was at Dustman's Cairn. Thus the surname.

Rand Althor

Legionnaire
I named my character after the main character in the Wheel of Time series which Im currently reading

Benthos

Proud Mer
In my signature I have each name of my characters and I'd like to start a new Argonian with a different path than Rumar and this time with a more Argonian-esque name.

Twiffle

Well i have had dozens ans dozens of characters due to a bad bout of rerollitis, but im over it know, although i have just lost all of my past and current saves due to my hard drive going bang on my xbox, so im starting all over again,( £35 for a new one) however some of them i can remember, ,,

Four-finger-Kitkat, he was my khajiit thief

Bamm Bamm was my Orc warhammer warrior

Syriana, altmer 2h warrior/mage, , my new character.

TBC .. .. .. .. .. ..

CottonCandyDeath

High Elf--Imperial--SweetRoll Thief
Valaina ( elvish name meaning Divine)
High Elf
Level 37
Archer
Thief
Explorer
Collector of Jewelry, gemstones, Dwemer artifacts, and Daedric artifacts
Notes: inspite being a high elf Valaina rarely uses magic. She prefers good old fashioned combat unlike the rest of her kind.

Nocte Aeterna

Sir Not-Appearing-in-This-Film
After countless restarts...

Aldaril, an Altmer who both resembles and reminds me of Dante from the Devil May Cry series.

Ma'javir, a cheeky Khajiit who makes Cicero's pranks look like child's play.

dovaqueen

My Nord is called Ysara Bright-Forge
My Orc I named Mazoga - yes in honor of the Oblivion character. I wanted to rp her decendent.
My dark elf assassin changed her names so many times it was forgotten. Though she sometimes goes by Arrilith.

Was thinking of making my first male character a Khajit and complete troll - named the Dovakitty.

Khasrin

Fusozayiit
Tora the Wolfborn (Nord, female)
Zephyra (Khajiit, female)
Aurora (Redguard, female)

And my beloved elves, which I named after characters in a series of stories I've been writing the past 5 years or so. They were my first Skyrim characters, and they magically vanished from the PS3 one night when nobody had touched it :mad: Still have no idea how that happened:

Juniel (Bosmer, female)
Rurona (Altmer, male)
Vanesha (Dunmer, male)...oh how I loved him. He was one sexy dark elf. I think once I finish with one of my other characters, I'll need to remake him.

Posts-On-Forums

Due to my extreme nerdiness, I like to make my characters' names as lore-friendly as possible.

My current character is a Breton warrior (Yes, a Breton warrior. Deal with it.) named Ciel Ashcroft IV. "Ciel" 'cause I like the name (plus I had the anime Black Butler in mind), "Ashcroft" 'cause Arena and Daggerfall Breton NPCs had pre-made English-sounding prefixes and suffixes for names, and "Ashcroft" was one possible surname. I wanted his family line to seem "old", so I went with an Arena/Daggerfall-esque name. And "IV" 'cause he's descended from my sole Oblivion character, Ciel Ashcroft (Also a Breton warrior. Deal with it. Oh, and I got Oblivion after Skyrim, but made Ciel IV after Ciel I.). IV was just a random number.

I previously had a Dark Elf mage named Giren Savi. "Giren" was apparently an NPC name in Morrowind, and I chose it because it sounded like Gihren, as in Gihren Zabi (a Gundam character). And "Savi" because it's close to "Zabi", and it's also close to "Salvi", apparently another Morrowind NPC surname. I was like "Hey, this sounds Dark Elf-ish, I'll go with it!" Buuut I deleted him.

In the future I might make an Orc named Shura (It sounds cool, plus it's an actual Orc name), and an Argonian with a Cyrodyllic name. (But NOT "Posts-on-Forums" or anything like that. A serious name.)

Twiffle

Unfortunately due to my Xbox just going bang ive had to shed out £190 for a new one, and i cannot use the old hard drive so i have lost ALL my previous characters etc so im back to starting all over again, so i will update as i go when i do a new build some names serious and of course inline with my character some silly, :D

My first new one is a Female Nord, Bettany Anvil-fire, 2 handed warrior/smith maiden, came to skyrim in search of the fabled Daedric armor to learn its secrets.

I already have a few ideas , and yes they will be silly, , hehehehehehe

Nadir-Natesse

Proprietor of Thy Lady and Lord
My first and favorite avatar is a male dunmer assassin-thief named Dreven Tallavey Valaandas. I've always been good at making up names and that was a great Dunmer name (that ironically belonged to an Altmer I made in Oblivion) so I gave it to him.

My second avatar is a female bosmer rouge named Nadir. I first heard the term in my astronomy class and thought "Hey...that would make a great name for an elf...".

My third avatar is a female Bosmer/Nord Shadowmage named Natesse. I had some help here. I looked up "female bosmer names" and "Natesse" was in the list. I thought it was pretty and took it.

Lastly, there's Sebek, my male/female Falmer Necromage. He is very new but I already love him. I chose that name because I love Egyptian mythology and it just seemed to suit his character.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts