Name 3 things about Skyrim that make it a much better game

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

nightmare16

here have a cookie :)
remember you dont have to base this off of another game just name a couple things skyrim just wouldnt be skyrim without.

1.Kill cams
2.Followers....NO KHARGO DONT KILL EVERYTHING THAT MOVES DAMMIT!!!!!
3.Diversity of all the dungeons never see the same thing twice
goin off the board to number 4 now
4.SHEOGORATH!!!!.....nuff said

Chadonraz

5. Dragons. Seriously, I can never get enough of them, even though they can be annoying (when they refuse to land and you don't have Dragonrend, or when they do land... behind a mountain). :)
6. The radiant AI: even if you do the same quest twenty times, the target and/or location might be different every time. This is especially true if you have Dragonborn and thus some quests may send you to Solstheim.
7. Guards. I think they're just plain awesome. :D

I could list more, but since the title says three things... I may come back later. :p

HappyFaceClown

PunkNation
1. Variety! the Fallout series was great but the main reason Skyrim kicked its ass was variety, there are literally so many different fighting styles, so many different character looks, so many different ways of progressing that its almost endless.. you could probably try to do each and ever method of play and you would not finish it in your lifetime, that is EPIC.
2. Graphics! if we're honest with ourselves we'll admit this game is pure eye candy, i don't think i've ever seen a game this beautiful in my life and i'm on xbox! can't imagine how badass it must look on a top grade pc.. even Bioshock Infinite still doesn't compare! sometimes when i'm playing i can't help but just sit back for a few and take in the envirement, it still amazes me how awesome it looks..
3. HUGE Free Roaming! i seriously can't say enough about this, the sandbox of this game seems almost endless! even after nearly 3 years of playing i STILL come across areas every now and then that are totally different than anything i've ever seen on it before.. the game is a masterpiece.

Reactions: Atz

Rocais

1. The quest lines. There are so many awesome ones, the daedric especially.
2. The glitches, I mean, some of them are just so freakin funny!
3. The ability to punch dragons to death.

Punz

Dark Lord of Skyrim
1. Large world that I can explore. It's beyond me that I am still making discovers even though I've had the game since December 2011.
2. Vampires. Been in love with the myth since I can remember. Can't get enough of them in the game.
3. Ability to NOT follow any questlines and actually RP a character the way I want to. This is huge for me. Sometimes, I just want to explore, hunt deer and just be. Not fight Dragons or shout all the time.

LotusEater

I brake for blue butterflies
1-Blackreach
2-Forgotten Vale
3-Soul Cairn

or from a gameplay standpoint...

1-Weakness to Poison potions
2-Miraak's Staff
3-Poison Albino Spiders

Blackdoom59

BATMAN!
1- Dragons that you can kill or tame
2- Shouts that you can use to push people off mountains
3- The ability to be in an open world where you can do whatever you want where you want with no storyline grapling towards you like in other games (eg. ubisoft games-you need to progress the storyline to unlock dis).

Dovahkiir

Mods, mods and more mods.

But honestly, probably the sandbox element of it, so many games you have to go a-b-c-d etc. With this you can do whatever the hell you like, although the quests once started are pretty linear. That and the sheer amount of hours you can put into it, most games are probably 15-20 hours, this will run to a hundred plus without much trouble.

ColleenG

When in doubt, follow the fox.
1. I'll have to reiterate: OPEN WORLD, letting me be me all the time, everywhere.
2. Master Neloth. I adore him.
3. Followers--their fallibility, like how they stumble into every trap. Also, their unwavering loyalty and their ability to reassure the player.

nightmare16

here have a cookie :)
5. Dragons. Seriously, I can never get enough of them, even though they can be annoying (when they refuse to land and you don't have Dragonrend, or when they do land... behind a mountain). :)
6. The radiant AI: even if you do the same quest twenty times, the target and/or location might be different every time. This is especially true if you have Dragonborn and thus some quests may send you to Solstheim.
7. Guards. I think they're just plain awesome. :D

I could list more, but since the title says three things... I may come back later. :p

hey i made the title and i put 4 things breaking the rules is good sometimes lol

sticky runes

In no particular order...

• Followers (lots of them, and they don't die easily)
  • Freedom to develop your character in different styles (warrior, mage, thief, mix)
  • Same Sex Marriage (good thing all those rugged Nordic men are my type)

Punz

Dark Lord of Skyrim
Mods, mods and more mods.

But honestly, probably the sandbox element of it, so many games you have to go a-b-c-d etc. With this you can do whatever the hell you like, although the quests once started are pretty linear. That and the sheer amount of hours you can put into it, most games are probably 15-20 hours, this will run to a hundred plus without much trouble.

Yes. Mods!!! Mods changed my experience with Skyrim. My Vampire Lord flys! I flew around a dragon before. It spit fire at me and everything. Just awesome stuff out there on Nexus. Unfortunately, my PC's mobo burnt up. I can't replace it now so I'll be repurchasing the PS3 Legendary Edition. :/

Aniratak

1.) Be who you want to be, make the game your own journey

2.) Open world - explore every corner, pick up what you want, do what you want to do in amazing and beautiful landscape

3.) They use quite a few years to develope their games - long production time = great game. They love what they do, and it shows... In comparance to other games where they just make up some crappy features in 1,5 years and let it sail it's own course. Rushing it = bad game.

tx12001

I will not tolerate failure...
Hmm what would Skyrim not be Skyrim without.......Uhhh The Country of Skyrim?

BG5150

1. No ganking
2. No LFD asshats
3. I can set aside the game for a couple weeks and not miss out on anything

Ritterkreuz

Unlike most games I can put 100 hours into a character and still have stuff left to do.

Kaelbu

1.) Replay value. Endless mix-and-match play styles and quest lines with lots of choices along the way.

2.) The immersion. It sounds a little weird, but I feel like I've taken a trip after playing almost every time.

3.) The amount of ways you can kill things. A cross bow, dual wielding a dagger and mace, a pic axe, your bare fists, a sword from the back of a horse, or perhaps any number of spells (be it fire to the face or fury so they get themselves killed).

thanks2Ralof

Friend 'O dog
1. i can play and watch tv at the same time
2.the size of the map
3.the variety of alchemy ingredients

Jimmy_Smashwell

-i like how limiting your advantage makes for a strategic and slowed down play through (im lvl 20 on legendary and still get 1 shotted sometimes)
-gearing up janessa and unleashing the unforgiving and merciless monster
-i absolutely love adrianne and warbear. nicest vendors ever. a vampire attacked and i did my best to protect her but adrianne died :sadface:. talked to warbear after that and he like shut down shop. i then left all colors of flowers on their shops doorstep. 13 hours of play later i reloaded and murdered that blood sucker. they love eachother. no matter how cool serana is.... fuqdem vampires