• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

El Fonz0

Everyone who's played Skyrim knows that the Khajiit Caravans aren't allowed in the cities. Therefore, everyone assumes Khajiit aren't allowed in the cities period. But no one seems to think about the Khajiit adventurers, the ones that probably enter cities for supplies and a bed and such.

My theory is that Khajiit caravans and Khajiit associated with the caravans, i.e. the guards of the caravans, are not allowed in cities to do business, but Khajiit that are travelers or adventurers are allowed to come and go as they please, as they are probably turning in a bounty, going to the inn for a bed or drink, selling their loot, buying weapons and armor, etc.

lonewolf

As much as i would like to think they are, i doubt they would be. Skyrim has a pretty deep distrust for them unfortunately, as there one of my favorite races.

El Fonz0

When do you ever see an Argonian? High Elf? Orc? Because they're adventurers and travelers. They're there when you're not. You never meet anyone who's not generic, besides guards, in cities. Only citizens.

Besides, it's only a theory. I never said it was true.

I chalk it up to the Kajit basically being like the Gypsies (Or the stereotype of them being all thieves, and baby stealers.) There are non-caravan Kajiit in cities, but they're rare. All over, actually, in, or out of cities, because we're a long way from Elswere, and despite their fur, I doubt they have much cold tolerance. Ok, in Windhelm they're specifically banned like the Argonians, but in riften, you find some of both beast races walking around, and acting as full citizens. Nords are racist, we know this.

El Fonz0

My main examples of non-caravan Khajiit allowed in cities are Shavari(that Thalmor assassin) and J'zargo. Clearly, Shavari wouldn't be allowed in Riften if she told the guards she was on Thalmor business.

And I've never seen a Khajiit citizen in Riften, though.

imaginepageant

Slytherin Alumni
When do you ever see an Argonian? High Elf? Orc?

There are Argonians living in Solitude (Gulum-Ei, Jaree-Ra, Deeja) and Riften (Madesi, Talen-Jei, Keerava), and working on the Windhelm docks (Shahvee, Scouts-Many-Marshes). There are Altmer living in Windhelm (Nurelion, Niranye, Ulundil, Arivanya), Markarth (Calcelmo, Aicantar), and Solitude (Taarie, Endarie). And Orcs in Markarth (Moth gro-Bagol, Ghorza gra-Bagol, Mulush gro-Shugurz, Urzoga gra-Shugurz). So I see them quite frequently, actually.

I did forget about Shavari, though, the Khajiit assassin who stalks you in Riften. So I was wrong, you do see a single Khajiit in one of the cities.

VKitKat

Most Commonly known as The Dragonborn
I think bethesda is being so racist when it comes to Khajiit.... just because their different, doesn't mean they should be treated like crap! I mean you can't marry ANY Khajiit, and I have not met on eKhajiit that lived in the cities. I mean, their treated so poorly they have to live outside of cities just to have a decent campfire and tents. And nobody gives them a single bit of their supplies unless their bartering with someone... it makes me kinda ticked because Khajiit make the perfect thief, and thieves are my style.

Skyrimosity

I think bethesda is being so racist when it comes to Khajiit.... just because their different, doesn't mean they should be treated like crap! I mean you can't marry ANY Khajiit, and I have not met on eKhajiit that lived in the cities. I mean, their treated so poorly they have to live outside of cities just to have a decent campfire and tents. And nobody gives them a single bit of their supplies unless their bartering with someone... it makes me kinda ticked because Khajiit make the perfect thief, and thieves are my style.
Bethesda is not being racist, they have created a Skyrim where the people (Imperials and Stormcloaks and Neutrals) look at the Khajiit as being inferior thieves and therefore do not allow them being in the cities. (As someone else said, Gypsies.) The point of this is to perhaps get you a bit angry at how badly they are treated and I believe it is setting up The Elder Scrolls VI: Elsewyr.

MushroomGenius

Jarl of Fungi, Great Khal of the Mushraki

El Fonz0

Actually, Taarie is the less snooty one. If you want the snooty one, it's her sister. That bitch.

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
Well, despite what the Caravan's say, they do do illegal activities. Maybe they avoid going into the cities, as they have a less of a chance of getting caught. I just think some of it is the Khajiit's own wishes.

Kalin of High Rock

Faal Lun Vahdin
Khajiit/Argonian "Adventurers" (The player character) are allowed within the city walls of (for example) Windhelm for the sake of fairness. Any wandering Khajiit not attached to a caravan would find his rest and food at a road-side inn, if he's lucky.

Not every city necessarily has such a ban on Khajiit. They're likely allowed within the walls of Solitude, as are the Argonians. I know Solitude hosts two resident Argonians, even if you do end up killing one.

Khajiit can be citizens of The Empire, and as such are allowed in The Imperial City. The city of Layawiin in Cyrodiil is populated almost exclusively by Khajiit and Argonians. The beast races have (in theory, if not always in practice) as many rights as any citizen of The Empire. Though their status within The Empire may have changed now that Elswyr is now a member of the Aldmeri Dominion.

VKitKat

Well, still.... I mean, on my Khajiit I HIDE My crimes... I have a stolen circlet that I pick-pocketed in level 1 and my Khajiit is now level 21 and she still wheres it. I've never ever been caught in the 3 days I've had my Khajiit, so everyone thinks I'm good! They should trust the caravans, too.

VKitKat

Khajiit/Argonian "Adventurers" (The player character) are allowed within the city walls of (for example) Windhelm for the sake of fairness. Any wandering Khajiit not attached to a caravan would find his rest and food at a road-side inn, if he's lucky.

Not every city necessarily has such a ban on Khajiit. They're likely allowed within the walls of Solitude, as are the Argonians. I know Solitude hosts two resident Argonians, even if you do end up killing one.

Khajiit can be citizens of The Empire, and as such are allowed in The Imperial City. The city of Layawiin in Cyrodiil is populated almost exclusively by Khajiit and Argonians. The beast races have (in theory, if not always in practice) as many rights as any citizen of The Empire. Though their status within The Empire may have changed now that Elswyr is now a member of the Aldmeri Dominion.

Hygiliak

Bosmer and khajiit are not marriage options because they do not believe in Mara the goddess whom you marry under and on the khajiits not being allowed inside the wales maybe I'm rude/mean but I would not let a group of criminals inside my gates just from experience honestly think back to the previous games how many per populous were not thieves/assassins? Also they end up SPOILER siding with the thieves guild it could be argued that they did that because they where forced to as they werent allowed into the city but all of them say how successful they are doing with all the adventurers and soldiers etc ?rant? Over? Not sure of this is a rant or just a vent haha

Kalin of High Rock

Faal Lun Vahdin
Khajiit and Bosmer religions are both derived from the old Aldmeri pantheon, from which The Eight Divines are also derived. Each have an analog for the divine Mara. Additionally, there have been Bosmer and Khajiit under imperial law and customs for many generations. The notion that no Khajiit or Bosmer would worship the imperial pantheon (which is already so similar to their own) is a touch silly.