• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

TGGReviews

Skyrim was easily one of the best games of last year in my opinion, it just had so much hours of content to play through. There was that much content that there is still some quests I need to do in the main game! I have been waiting for DLC for this game since last year and now it is finally here lets see if Dawnguard is up there with Shivering Isles.
To read the full review please go to http://tinyurl.com/6qy7zs8
Thanks​

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
I read it. Your focus on the limitations of the Vampire Lord makes no sense. As the Werewolf also has these same limitations. So, it's really nothing new. So, why is it a strike against the DLC?

TGGReviews

I read it. Your focus on the limitations of the Vampire Lord makes no sense. As the Werewolf also has these same limitations. So, it's really nothing new. So, why is it a strike against the DLC?

I mentioned it because I wanted everyone who read the review to know about the limitations that they would be getting (They might be unaware) To be honest it wasn't the main thing that lowered the score it was the really bad freeze issues (Along with some other bugs) that I got. The vampire lord stuff was just a slight annoyance.

I hope you enjoyed the rest of the review though.

Valyn

I hope you realize that more than just the dawnguard/vampire stuff came with the dlc, there is also new werewolf perk tree, crossbows, and dragonbone weapons.

TGGReviews

I hope you realize that more than just the dawnguard/vampire stuff came with the dlc, there is also new werewolf perk tree, crossbows, and dragonbone weapons.

Yup. I commented on most of the content in the DLC. Large amounts of content in Dawnguard was one of the big pluses in the review.

Savvy Noob

i thought it was really good i'd give it a 9 out of 10, its prolly one of the best dlcs ive bought, comparing it to fallouts nv dlcs its alot better, seen as ive done all things possible in skyrim it was nice to explore as a vampire and have perks for the werewolf, the only thing i wanted for this dlc was to be able to explore a new continent, oh well hopefully next dlc

Valyn

i thought it was really good i'd give it a 9 out of 10, its prolly one of the best dlcs ive bought, comparing it to fallouts nv dlcs its alot better, seen as ive done all things possible in skyrim it was nice to explore as a vampire and have perks for the werewolf, the only thing i wanted for this dlc was to be able to explore a new continent, oh well hopefully next dlc
Uhh, the new continent thing seems a little big for a DLC. Maybe if it was a very small continent.

Savvy Noob

Uhh, the new continent thing seems a little big for a DLC. Maybe if it was a very small continent.
yea maybe not a continent but something like point lookout in fallout 3 like an island or something

TGGReviews

I cannot wait for the next DLC. I hope we get more of the features from this video.

Chryss

I have mixed feelings about your revue. You did not mention that we can now forge our arrows which to me is a huge plus. Also, I hate to say it but I don't have freezing issues that go beyond what was there in the main game. If it totally freezes, it just reminds me I should step away and walk the dog or eat. Yes, it is annoying but it's a video game, these things happen. But then I am an old school gamer. I remember when we had to blow in the nintendo cassetts to get them to work.
For me, the most important aspect of Skyrim and Dawnguard is the playability. Which means I can play it over and over and not be bored. I decide what side I am on and what I will do today. Nothing is pre-set and I make the best of what they give me to work with.
As a side note, you said that the VL had limitations, cant pick locks, open doors etc. Well, as a wearwolf, where you couldnt do any of that and were limited to once a day, ummm live with it and work around it. -- Just sayin. ;)

TGGReviews

I have mixed feelings about your revue. You did not mention that we can now forge our arrows which to me is a huge plus. Also, I hate to say it but I don't have freezing issues that go beyond what was there in the main game. If it totally freezes, it just reminds me I should step away and walk the dog or eat. Yes, it is annoying but it's a video game, these things happen. But then I am an old school gamer. I remember when we had to blow in the nintendo cassetts to get them to work.
For me, the most important aspect of Skyrim and Dawnguard is the playability. Which means I can play it over and over and not be bored. I decide what side I am on and what I will do today. Nothing is pre-set and I make the best of what they give me to work with.
As a side note, you said that the VL had limitations, cant pick locks, open doors etc. Well, as a wearwolf, where you couldnt do any of that and were limited to once a day, ummm live with it and work around it. -- Just sayin. ;)

You said you had mixed feelings? What did you like about it :D

Yeah like I said in the above post I need to tell people about the VL in the review because they might not be aware about those limitations in the first place and its also the same for the freezing problems. I did enjoy it though and I am really looking forward to the next DLC.

Emmanuel A

This game by far is one of the best games to be released ever! I didnt even spend a buck out of my pocket to purchase it lol. I just went to points2shop and earned points that are redeemable for prize rewards! if you want to earn some neat stuff then i suggest you click on the link and fill out the registration. The registration is completely free! all you need to do is submit a valid email address and a valid mailing address so they can mail in your rewards. I was a little bit skeptical at first, but when i tried it, it worked out fine! no scam at all.

Points2shop - Earn Points for Free Rewards

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts