• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
I would say that melee combat is more in common with DMMM than oblivipn. At least how it feels and looks if it not the actual system.
I guess it is closer but it's only similar because the camera shakes a lot more when you swing your weapon. In DMMM, there are a lot of elements to combat... I've give some examples.

Power attack:
In DMMM, you can hold your attack button to ready your power attack and you can move around while you have your weapon ready to strike. You release it to perform your power attack which is nice and fast. In Skyrim, if you perform a power attack, you stop moving and have a huge delayed attack. DMMM's power attack is weaker compared to Skyrim since Skyrim's power attack receives damage multiplier. The purpose of DMMM's power attack is to stagger your opponent though. Just wildly swinging your sword at enemies with weapons and shield is ineffective since they can parry and block all your attacks. DMMM's power attack is to get through their defense. But just like any power attack, you are rather vulnerable when you have your weapon ready for power strike. DMMM's power attack is more mobile and has more strategy than just extra damage.

Flurry / swing your weapons wildly:
DMMM and Skyrim work very similarly except in DMMM when your opponent blocks your swing, you don't stagger so you can waste your energy all you want but your enemy will keep blocking your attack and even counter attack. It's only effective in certain situation.

Kick:
You can kick your opponent to stagger them but it takes a lot of stamina so you can't just spam it. Also, if you time your kick just right, your opponent will fly backward. It's also pretty cool to Sparta kick a dude off a cliff. The best Skyrim can offer is shield bash and Fus Ro Dah...

Ground Finisher:
If your opponent fell to the floor and is laying down, you can finish your opponent right there. If you are on the ground and there is a dude with a sword trying to kill you, you are practically dead already. In DMMM, you just approach the guy on the floor who is trying to pick himself up and use a power attack on him. It's not a 100% guaranteed kill since the guy can try to dodge and you are very vulnerable while doing it so you can't just spam Paralysis and kill them all on the ground. It's way better than swinging wildly at the guy who's on the ground until he is back on his feet again. It's so silly whenever that happens.

These are just some examples of intense and skill-based combat system from DMMM. I never expected Bethesda to implement and they didn't but a mod that adds all this would be cool as hell and makes pure warrior build a lot more challenging.

Flamingtaco

True, I have played the demo and I was tempted to get it, but not for $20 on steam when skyrim was coming out in just 2 weeks.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts