My husband thinks I'm mad?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Tris

He's sitting here, staring at me, gob smacked. I've just announced that I've abandoned my 40th level archer and campaign because Lakeview manor doesn't have a library and I'm unhappy with the design! !!!!!!!
Anybody else out there do this sort of thing?
Personally I'm blaming Bethesda's lack of flexibility in Hearthfire ( but man I'm having so much fun!)

Tris / Nord / accidental archer and armourer / 40th Level
Terren Ravenseeker / Nord / archer and homemaker / 10th Level

orca45

What we do in life, echoes in the eternity !
He's sitting here, staring at me, gob smacked. I've just announced that I've abandoned my 40th level archer and campaign because Lakeview manor doesn't have a library and I'm unhappy with the design! !!!!!!!
Personally I'm blaming Bethesda's lack of flexibility in Hearthfire ( but man I'm having so much fun!)

You are right and I feel the same. There are too many houses and not too many options in the layouts to choose from. Is there anyway for you to use the workbench and re-design your house ? Have you tried that ? ;)

Declando

Dwarvenborn
I think some guy at Bethesda was really bored and made Hearthfire, then Todd saw it and thought it was a great idea.

It's a terrible DLC that was done to please people on-the-go, it should have had a lot more in it I reckon.

The Phoenician

Shiney, let's be bad guys.
What do you expect for $5? You could always get one of the other houses and make it how you want. But Ive overwritten characters for less

Sean

lost somewhere
I know I spent a long time doing Hearthfire (longer than I probably should have), but I always save before starting a DLC, just in case something happened, and I ended up reloading that save multiple times.

Anyways, it was probably the right move to start over, because if something was wrong, then it probably would just nag at you, because you wouldn't be able to change it (I know it would to me).

The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass

Sahrot Vahlok Spaan. Bahnahgaar. Minion #88!
Staff member
I enjoyed hearthfire, though I admit it couldve been better. When you've played Skyrim as long as I have, just about anything that is new or refreshing is accepted. Plus, it gave me something to spend my massive amount of Septims on.

Tris

What do you expect for $5? You could always get one of the other houses and make it how you want. But Ive overwritten characters for less
That character had all the houses. None felt right in the end. This time round I have the one house and no burning desire to collect the rest.

Tris

You are right and I feel the same. There are too many houses and not too many options in the layouts to choose from. Is there anyway for you to use the workbench and re-design your house ? Have you tried that ? ;)
Oh, I didn't think that was an option. I pretty much got the impression that once it was done it was done, no changes unless I used a save and I was doing so much stuff between times that re-loading was really a waste.

Tris

I enjoyed hearthfire, though I admit it couldve been better. When you've played Skyrim as long as I have, just about anything that is new or refreshing is accepted. Plus, it gave me something to spend my massive amount of Septims on.
I like all the DLC, not that I'm very far along for all the hours I've put in, Skyrim is a distracting kind of place (I go looking for Azura and find the white vial) Hearthfire could have been a lot better but I guess it could have been much worse. I'm a bit of a noob???? so I really don't have a lot of other game possibilities to compare it too.

Tris

I know I spent a long time doing Hearthfire (longer than I probably should have), but I always save before starting a DLC, just in case something happened, and I ended up reloading that save multiple times.

Anyways, it was probably the right move to start over, because if something was wrong, then it probably would just nag at you, because you wouldn't be able to change it (I know it would to me).
Yeah, it was just this unsettling niggle at the back of my head.

Zahn

Matron of Twilight

ROFLMAO! I get the same thing from my husband and yes, I too, recently abandoned a level 52 assassin because I was displeased with the Lakeview house! I wish we had a bit more flexibility but mostly I blame it on myself for not thinking things all the way through. (DUH you dont need a kitchen when NPC's will use the fireplace!) LOL.

And yeah my husband thinks I am nutzo fagan over the game in general but mostly my motivation for game decisions. LOL

It would be nice if we could go back and redesign but all in all I am pleased and having lots of fun! (kinda wish there was a "sell" option for the standard in city properties. Understand why there ins't though.

*constantly trying to lower my file size on console

High King of Skyrim

King of the barbarian horde
I must admit I have done similar things in the past. Just remember though, if you stuff up one house you still have two more shots at redemption!

Neveraine

BRINGER OF DEATH
Its a game, so if you feel OCD then go ahead and change everything or give up on someone in order to do something else. Anyways, who cares if you give up on a character, I do it all the time for no reason at all except I want to make a new character.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts