Xbox 360 My friend needs a quick way to get 20k, any suggestions? post here.

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Alduins Shadow

DragonBorn
i told him to do the dark brotherhood where the reward for killing the emperor is 100k but he cant be bothered with all the questions so does anyone know any quick ways?

Perkless in Skyrim

Bad to the Dragonbone.
Unless I'm mistaken, the reward is only 20k. That's how much I got, anyway.

Alchemy. Giant's Toe, Creeping Cluster and Wheat is one of the most expensive potions in the game. Another good one with common ingredients is Blue Butterfly Wing and Blue Mountain Flower.

He can also spend a few game days chopping wood however this would be incredibly boring.

Depending on how far along in the game he is, ebony weapons and armor sell for big bucks. Draugr Deathlords often have them or if he has the smithing perk he can make his own, and improve and/or enchant them for huge profit.

trekie4ever

Enchant daggers with banish ( best enchantment) or turn unread (easy to find) then run around selling them to everyone. I buy materials from the blacksmiths then sell differs back to keep my supply up and recycle my moneu

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Superquark

Without a little more info on where your friend is in the game its difficult to be specific. I found lots of good ways to make money, tho none of them are necessarily "easy". What level is he, does he have any particular high skills that might be useful? Alchemy, Smithing, Enchanting etc... Does he have any spare perks? Its a big question lol

3v3r

I have scale-itch... Don't ask how I got it.
Tell him to loot a few dungeons. Selling every weapon, armor, and jewelry will help.

mellojoe

Potions can go for 100 to 200 gold each. Make a bunch of those, sell to merchants.
Craft iron daggers and enchant with lesser soul stones. Sell to merchants.
Craft jewelry using gold ingots and flawless gems. Sell to merchants.
Get married. Wait for a few dozen days. Collect your half of the store proceeds.
Cheat. Use console commands to add gold.

Other than cheating, most of these will take time. There is no quick way to stockpile that much cash.

RedVideo

His Excellency
Your friend is trying to by a house? The one in Solitude? Honeyside in Riften is cheaper and works better.

Always use weapons with Soul Trap, esp. bows. Take every crappy soul gem you find and then fill 'em with the souls of bunnies and other small woodland creatures. Enchant everything. All those clothes, boots and hats you find when searching houses, take 'em all and enchant them all with weak crappy enchantments. All of a sudden all those 2 septum outfits are selling for 30 or 40, and they are not heavy.

For that matter take the clothes off every mage and necromancer you kill. The outfits weigh nothing and are worth a lot. For making money they are better than weapons and armor.

When selling stuff remember that Lucan Valerous at the Riverwood Trader seems to have more money than any other merchant in Skyrim, so always start with him.

When selling stuff in Solitude don't forget that there is a clothing store (Radiant Raiment) right next to the general merchant (Bits and Pieces) they will purchase all those magical outfits, and jewelry, so it gives you an extra merchant to get cash from. I'm not sure if they buy armor, too, or if its just because I have the merchant perk.

The venders in the little outdoor markets don't have much coin, but you can usually unload a ring or two. Every penny counts.

Brush up on your pick pocketing, but stick to gold and gems, unless you know a fence.

If you don't mind a little dark rituals (cheating) boost up an alchemy-restoration cycle. Then make a ridiculously high smithing potion. Then improve some weapons off the charts. Those crummy iron dagggers are suddenly worth enough to clean out a merchant in one sale.

DWFII

This may be OT...I apologize if it is...but why is it that if I pick up an item--an ancient war axe, for instance, it seems to have a pretty high value. But when I go to sell it (I've only tried to sell stuff in Whiterun and Riverwood) the price I am offered/receive is far less?

And on the PC...maybe related, maybe not...what does "page up" (item count: step increase) and "page down" really do? I don't understand the explanation in the UESPWiki control guide.

RedVideo

His Excellency
This may be OT...I apologize if it is...but why is it that if I pick up an item--an ancient war axe, for instance, it seems to have a pretty high value. But when I go to sell it (I've only tried to sell stuff in Whiterun and Riverwood) the price I am offered/receive is far less?.

The price shown when you find stuff is the price you would pay for it. That's retail. When you go to sell it the vendors only pay wholesale. That want to make a profit. As your speech score gets higher the prices will get better, plus there are perks and enchanted items that will help.

DWFII

The price shown when you find stuff is the price you would pay for it. That's retail. When you go to sell it the vendors only pay wholesale. That want to make a profit. As your speech score gets higher the prices will get better, plus there are perks and enchanted items that will help.

Thanks, that helps.

What about the second part of the question:

And on the PC...maybe related, maybe not...what does "page up" (item count: step increase) and "page down" really do? I don't understand the explanation in the UESPWiki control guide.

tigersauce

Caravan Guard
i'm sure this has been mentioned but you can get exactly 20k after a quest near the end of the dark brotherhood questline, it's not exactly quick but it works

Mytheos

Google sightless pit skyrim.

Above the pit before you go, theres a few skeletons laying on a shrine.

Steal the sword or great axe on the main shrine, kill all skeletons, return to the one that was positioned in the center and he has a book worth 50 gold and weighs only 1. You can keep taking that book over and over. Bring a horse to abuse carry weight.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997R using Tapatalk

xSuoiveDx

Dave, The Quiet One.
A really fast way to get a lot of money is to find Banish on a weapon, take it to the Enchanting Table disenchant it & then enchant lots of weapons with it. The last time I found Banish on a weapon was on " The Axe of Whiterun "....
AxeofWhiterunBanish.jpg

Gowsh

Old Fart
My axe of Whiterun only had soul trap on it.:sadface:
Yeah, those weapons seem to be pretty random.

The one I got from Riften was so cheap it didn't even have a special name, just something like "War Axe of Extended Boredom," or something like that.

Best.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts