• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Bloodhawk71

another redneck nerd
I just started my first warrior/mage. Not sure if its battlemage or spellsword. My stats are heavy armour, one handed, restoration, smithing, enchanting. so far i slaughter all even mini bosses haven't ran into any big ones and haven't killed first dragon yet. Not sure what the level cape is so not sure if i should put any of my perks on anything else. any suggestions?

Shadow King

Grand master of the Order of Talos.
u have the warrior part done well. but the mage part is you only use the restoration magic. witch i wouldnt even call my character a mage if i used a couple healing spells lol so maybe conjuration or destruction magic i personally would go destruction and focus just on one type of destruction magic either fire ice or sparks and improve ure chosen elements skill tree as doing all elements would use up to many skill points. ive never done a battlemage/spellsword hows it going for u. i might try it sometime

Well, it sounds like this is more of a cliche "paladin" build than any sort of mage; restoration appears to be ubiquitous with most warrior-esque builds. The only skill you are missing that would enhance the build is block, which adds extra defense and another potential two enchantments for your character.

For dragons, however, you may have to wait (often) for the landing since you're not using aerial weapons/spells to attack them. You may want to, for the case of dragons specifically, add archery or destruction; both skills correspond with the build you have and are useful for distanced opponents in general.

Do you have the build assembled in the form of the perk calculator? If so, that'd be ideal for critique.

Bloodhawk71

another redneck nerd
I'm loving it ii usually go 2h warrior or pure mage or assassin archer but this one has been unstoppable but i can see your point on the destruction shadow king, and thank you for the perk calculator and the advice Golda but i replaced block with restoration for a different feel. will look into both and will update you about higher lvl with this build and will add destruction i think or maybe conjuration since my mage is 27 with master destruction almost.

Bloodhawk71

another redneck nerd
Could you explain why its bothersome, because I've had no trouble at all its actually turning into one of my favorite character builds.

Mid-combat, I don't like necessarily swapping between shield and restoration, but it's not a huge bane. I think they combine quite nicely in spite of that personal inconvenience.

Bloodhawk71

another redneck nerd
well I don't use a shield at all. That's what i meant by i replaced block with restorations i just heal as i battle and have a few pots for just in case moments.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts