My character appearance changed

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
So i got Dawnguard a few days ago and finished the main story line which was pretty fun to play then today i wanted to finish the side quests and whatnot, so i loaded my save game and i noticed that my character was a bit different, his hair, scars and some of his face was changed....
Now i wanna know is this a glitch? because ive never heard of something like that, its a bit of a hassle to get it back to as it used to be since there is a lot to change....im not asking for a solution because i don't think there is anything i can do except replay from the last save game.
Just wanna know is this a DLC related bug or did someone mess with my game?
Im on PC by the way.

Squirrel_killer-

The blade in the dark and the hand at your throat
So i got Dawnguard a few days ago and finished the main story line which was pretty fun to play then today i wanted to finish the side quests and whatnot, so i loaded my save game and i noticed that my character was a bit different, his hair, scars and some of his face was changed....
Now i wanna know is this a glitch? because ive never heard of something like that, its a bit of a hassle to get it back to as it used to be since there is a lot to change....im not asking for a solution because i don't think there is anything i can do except replay from the last save game.
Just wanna know is this a DLC related bug or did someone mess with my game?
Im on PC by the way.
It's not a bug. Vampirism has an appearance change associated with it. It is 100% meant to happen.

It's not a bug. Vampirism has an appearance change associated with it. It is 100% meant to happen.
Man....thats not what i meant o_O, i dont mean the glowing eyes and the other effects that happen to your face when you become a vampire, i meant literally, my appearance has changed just like the hair style nose mouth etc, just like if you mess with the race menu....Anyway i figured out what it is, there is multiple save games with different storylines in my game i found out if i load.... lets say one of the save games then i load my main save game that i regularly play on my character takes the appearance of the save game that i loaded before this one, but if i restart skyrim and load my main save game right away my character stays the same, figured id say this of anyone else have encountered this problem.

Flippandra

I've experienced the same problem (Dawnguard - character face change bug). I'm playing on Xbox 360. I just finished the first Volkihar Keep visit, choosing to remain a human. When I awoke outside by the dock, I noticed the character face was wrong: new eyebrows, chin, mouth, eyes, and nose. I reloaded my game from multiple prior saves and discovered the character face change had first occurred in Dimhollow Crypt (it was fine while in Fort Dawnguard, before starting the mission). In my case, loading a correct character face save from an earlier point than my latest Dawnguard save did not fix the issue. While I've chosen to keep an alternate save for the Vampire Lord achievement, I've abandoned the Dawnguard mission with my main, regular human character for now, since the face change is an annoying bug (after spending so much time on character creation).

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts