• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Ragnvaldr

That Canadian guy.
Anyone have any games that they just love, but it seems like no one else does? For me the list is quite long, but includes,

Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine
Binary Domain
Lost Planet 2
Wolfenstein (2009) Any game where you can snipe Nazis from rooftops can't be all that bad!
Medal Of Honor

Anybody have anything else they feel didn't get the press it deserved?

Haru

Bully. It's not just a good game, for me, it's just raw fricking FUN. As a matter of fact "That is one of the most underrated games of all time." is what the clerk said when I brought it up to the counter at GameStop (it was 5 bucks). I think the most attention it got was a bunch of controversy over the violence and the fact that there is some (totally optional) homosexual content.

One other is Okage: Shadow King, a bit of an oldie for the PS2. The gameplay isn't spectacular- actually, I would go so far as to say it has some of the laziest dungeon design I've ever seen. What puts it in my list of favorite games ever is the premise, the dialogue, the jokes. I personally loved the story so much that I can easily overlook the areas where the game falls short. It's wacky, it's over the top, it's full of hysterical screwball humor that we just don't see often enough these days.

Catwoman

Notorious Cat Burglar
Bayonetta! I love this game so much and nobody really seems to know it when I talk about it- which is kind of sad seeing as its an epic game.

reptar517

Earthbound. I don't care if it's got a cult following the game's still underrated and I love the crap out of it.

Punz

Dark Lord of Skyrim
The Matrix: The Path of Neo

I love that game and still have it for my PS2. I wish they would remake it in HD for the PS3, with a open world concept. It was fun playing as The One. :)

Ragnvaldr

That Canadian guy.
Was looking through my PS2 games last night and came across Star Wars: Battlefront II, that was a great game and probably my favorite SW title. Unleashed and Unleashed II were great, but Battlefront was so much more diverse, yet I've never heard it mentioned much even shortly after it came out.
Battlefront III was about 99% finished when the whole project was scrapped.

Ragnvaldr

That Canadian guy.
Wet and Dark Sector are two games that I really feel are underrated.
Dark Sector is a great game and I've played through it now a few times, it deserved a lot better than it got.

DurableDiction

Paladin of the Old Order
Ever heard of a game called Dark Cloud 2? Thought so. I do not even have my PS2 anymore but I still have that game. Amazing

Shyrith

Ebonhawk
Haunting Grounds. A game hadn't scared me that bad since I first played Resident Evil 2 in 2001. Not just talking about how huge the main characters bewbs are, either. :D

Everything but Daniella scared me. I just thought she was pure awesome.

Oh, and Folklore. Not usually a style I like, but there's just something about it I love.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

Mini Mongo

Drog Do Faal Mongonite Lahvu
Ever heard of a game called Dark Cloud 2? Thought so. I do not even have my PS2 anymore but I still have that game. Amazing
If it popular it's not underrated.

DurableDiction

Paladin of the Old Order
If it popular it's not underrated.
The question was rhetorical (spelling butchered?). The implied answer was "No, I haven't heard of it." Because most people haven't. At least, I don't think so.

Stone

Retired Moderator
I personally think Sins of a Solar Empire. Absolutely love that game, and not many people have heard of it!

Haru

Haunting Grounds. A game hadn't scared me that bad since I first played Resident Evil 2 in 2001. Not just talking about how huge the main characters bewbs are, either. :D

Everything but Daniella scared me. I just thought she was pure awesome.

Oh, and Folklore. Not usually a style I like, but there's just something about it I love.

I'm glad someone else has even heard of that game. It's one of my favorites. But honestly the only stalker who ever gave me a good scare was Debilitas.

Shyrith

Ebonhawk
I'm glad someone else has even heard of that game. It's one of my favorites. But honestly the only stalker who ever gave me a good scare was Debilitas.

He was very freaky! I'd hide in closets for ridiculous amounts of time if he was chasing me. Even after that music stopped. Lol

Haru

He was very freaky! I'd hide in closets for ridiculous amounts of time if he was chasing me. Even after that music stopped. Lol

If the stalker music stops but the normal background music doesn't resume that means he's still nearby, but if the normal background music starts playing again that means you're safe for now.

I think one of the reasons it's not too well-known is not only because of the gory content, but also because they didn't make a large number of copies.

Earthbound. I don't care if it's got a cult following the game's still underrated and I love the crap out of it.

This this this THIS! More people need to know the glories of Earthbound. I would really love to see nintendo do a remake of this game on the 3DS or something. I can dream, can't I?

jaomile

Spec Ops: The Line

Although it didn't get bad reviews it didn't really sell well as it should have. If you haven't played it is a good break from Skyrim.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

Lindsay

Premium Member
I don't know if anyone has heard of these games
Gaia, it's a RPG game for Nintendo NES.
Grandia series, games that started on PS1.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts