Most Beautiful City in Skyrim

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

lonewolf

What is the most beautiful city in Skyrim, really?

I like Whiterun for its sunny bright daylight, but Markarth has to be the most beautiful city in Skyrim.

Markarth.jpg

Accept for this of coarse. :D

Just made my day hahaha

Milos Rajkovic

Leader of the Temptress
Riften is corrupted to the bone.
Windhelm is cold and there are too many Stormcloaks.
Solitude is too old.
Whiterun is too small.
Morthal is too lame
Falkreath is too small to be a city
Winterhold is dead.

Long live Markarth! ;)

Even though I love Markarth way more than any other hold in Skyrim, (mainly because I am fascinated by the deep elves (Dwemer) and every book, hold, ruin, object, creature that has anything to do with the Dwemer is amazing) I have to ask, isn't Markarth the oldest hold of the 9 holds in Skyrim? (Except for Windhelm, which is supposedly the "oldest hold in Skyrim"...) Markarth was built by the ancient Dwemer, that disappeared a long time ago, while Solitude was built by humans, making it way younger than Markarth...

But even if I'm right or wrong, Markarth's beauty is limitless. The only thing I dislike is it's location. If it was in a place like Falkreath or even Riften, it would be incredible. But the way it is carved into the mountain, and all of the levels of the hold you can walk on, making some houses be even dangerously high, and the silver-blood river that runs through the city... All of those things really make it the prettiest of all the holds.

The Wanderer

Young Heritic
Markarth for sure, followed by Whiterun and Solitude.

Ritterkreuz

I'll be honest, despite its size, or maybe partially because of it, I love Falkreath. There's something familiar about the entire hold too. It's wooded trails remind me of where I grew up.

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
I luv Riften as I luv the Rift with all the trees, aminals and the mountains in the background, but Markarth, hands down is the most beautiful city as long as it's sunny out. If it's gloomy, Markarth is kind of spooky. I would say Solitude, but it's actually kind of dowdy to me and far, far too small. To me it's basically a fort with a few shops and houses and a graveyard.

Rimfaxe96

Solitude's my favourite. Nice view from the Blue Palace also, and its location is stunning. I'm surprised this "nature rock bridge" the Blue Palace stands on hasn't broken down yet.

Bebop87

I like Riften mostly for the autumn atmosphere and old shanty look (honeyside is my favorite home to own). I like markarth because of the layout of the city (and sexy housecarl if ya get ma drift mrow).. and solitude for the escape routes.. the house there I feel is not as great as it could be for that amount of money.. (my top 3)

ColleenG

When in doubt, follow the fox.
My first character made Riften his home because it's comfortable, and I like having friends in low places. But then my destiny took hold with my second character, and the first home I bought was in Solitude, which I eventually liked best because of the weather! Until I got Hearthfire all my characters liked Solitude best. I like Markarth but I won't sleep on stone, sorry. :-)

Milos Rajkovic

Leader of the Temptress
My first character made Riften his home because it's comfortable, and I like having friends in low places. But then my destiny took hold with my second character, and the first home I bought was in Solitude, which I eventually liked best because of the weather! Until I got Hearthfire all my characters liked Solitude best. I like Markarth but I won't sleep on stone, sorry. :-)

I've got a house in Riften right now. My first, second, third and fourth house were in Whiterun (I've had over 50 characters, I just didn't buy houses, or didn't even bother playing them long enough to afford one :p)

I still haven't tried any other house in any other place. Mostly cause I don't like having houses in any other place, but I'll have to give it a shot. The Riften house is somehow perfect for me. You could say the Whiterun house is better for me, but I simply like Riften more. I am a stealth illusion archer, and I echant, smith and create potions 24/7. So Riften has 2/3. I've got the alchemy lab and the enchanter right next to one another, and it's awesome, right inside my house. However, I don't have a smelter in Riften, and that can be a pain. But nevermind, It's a smaller pain than teleporting to Dragonsreach everytime you need something enchanted.

And of course, let's not forget, I'm close to the Thieves Guild.

ColleenG

When in doubt, follow the fox.

I've got a house in Riften right now. My first, second, third and fourth house were in Whiterun (I've had over 50 characters, I just didn't buy houses, or didn't even bother playing them long enough to afford one :p)

I still haven't tried any other house in any other place. Mostly cause I don't like having houses in any other place, but I'll have to give it a shot. The Riften house is somehow perfect for me. You could say the Whiterun house is better for me, but I simply like Riften more. I am a stealth illusion archer, and I echant, smith and create potions 24/7. So Riften has 2/3. I've got the alchemy lab and the enchanter right next to one another, and it's awesome, right inside my house. However, I don't have a smelter in Riften, and that can be a pain. But nevermind, It's a smaller pain than teleporting to Dragonsreach everytime you need something enchanted.

You sound like you would like the Hearthfire DLC. I like those homes because they have everything. TWO smelters! haha.

Milos Rajkovic

Leader of the Temptress

You sound like you would like the Hearthfire DLC. I like those homes because they have everything. TWO smelters! haha.

Haha, I sure would. I would like any DLC... :sadface: You see, I can't even remember what the problem with my Skyrim was... I bought it a long time ago, over my old steam account. I've played DayZ afterwards, and when my DayZ key code got stolen I had to create a new steam account to but DayZ again. I haven't thought what would happen to Skyrim if I did this, since I didn't play Skyrim at the time. Afterwards I had some virus problems and a lot of other things over the year, so I sent my computer on some "repairs" at my friend's house (he repairs computers, hardware and software) and when it was back, a few weeks later I wanted to play Skyrim, and I did :b What I only realised 5 weeks ago, was that I no longer need steam to turn Skyrim on, but I also "don't have Skyrim" anymore :p So I cannot download the Creation Kit anywhere (As far as I know) and I can't buy DLC's because "I don't have the game" :sadface:

AS88

Staff member
Riften is corrupted to the bone.
Windhelm is cold and there are too many Stormcloaks.
Solitude is too old.
Whiterun is too small.
Morthal is too lame
Falkreath is too small to be a city
Winterhold is dead.

Long live Markarth! ;)

Well Markarth is kind of the most corrupt city in the game...

And how could Ronny complain that Solitude is too old, before saying that the Dwemer-built city of Markarth is the most beautiful? o_O

Besides..

1348080412095.jpg

Coffee359

Solitude has the most natural beauty, being on the arch of Stone, but Whiterun had the most cultural beauty in the game in my opinion, it's just peaceful. Solitude is cool for people that like being around lots of people.

LuChao

The Martial artist
Shavashina my current high elf thinks each city is the most beautiful except Winterhold she thinks Winterhold is a tragic mess but Windhelm has a beautiful hall set up Whiterun has the Gildergreen Solitude has its view of the ocean Markarth has it's dwemer buildings Riften has it's docks Falkreath has the beautiful scent of pine Dawnstar has a lush blanket of snow and Morthal has it's swamp

Fenix09

I have to go with Solitude with the view from the docks or just up near the blue palace it's a great city to live in or just to visit. But I also love Whiterun and I feel these two are my ultimate favorites.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts