Xbox 360 Microsoft points!

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Erqiosk

Sorry if this is a bit off-topicish, but didn't know where else to put it... I'm thinking of buying a DLC or two for Skyrim.. And I was wondering:

Where do you buy your MS points? Where can I get em cheap? I've seen 4k msp for 50€ on mircrosoftstore... 50 euros just seem a bit too much for those DLCs.

Thanks in advance!

Reaper0021

Steam: Reaper0021
I buy mine at GameStop OR online at MicroSoft. In your account, there is an option to "Add Points"...there is where you get them. You can buy, if memory serves me right, increments of 400, 800, 1600, etc. The addons/DLC's are $19.99 U.S. for me, so 1600 points I think it is (1600=$19.99).

Erqiosk

Thanks guys. Seems like 19.99€ is the cheapest for for 1600msp.. Now I'll just have to decide whether I should get dawnguard or dragonborn.. first :)

JClarke1953

Yeh, you do, or a pre-paid credit card. Make sure to pull your card number after the purchase. That way in case of hacking like what happened to Sony the other year.

JClarke1953

Thanks guys. Seems like 19.99€ is the cheapest for for 1600msp.. Now I'll just have to decide whether I should get dawnguard or dragonborn.. first :)

Make sure you put what you've played in a storage device like an HDD or something. Then dl the DLC's you want, then put your previous game's back in (if you're on an XBox).

Reaper0021

May I make a suggestion to you? Get DragonBorn 1st here is why: It's bigger, adds more content right off the bat, and is generally thought to be the better of the 2 DLC's. My favorite is DawnGuard, but that's just my own personal preference AND I love Vampire's. Just my thoughts.

Erqiosk

Make sure you put what you've played in a storage device like an HDD or something. Then dl the DLC's you want, then put your previous game's back in (if you're on an XBox).

I'm sorry I don't quite understand what you mean by that "put what you've played" thingy... but it seems important!

Erqiosk

May I make a suggestion to you? Get DragonBorn 1st here is why: It's bigger, adds more content right off the bat, and is generally thought to be the better of the 2 DLC's. My favorite is DawnGuard, but that's just my own personal preference AND I love Vampire's. Just my thoughts.

Thanks for the suggestion! I was thinking about Dragonborn, actually. Now that I know it brings more content and such, I'll probably go for it! Vampires and werewolvies have to wait for their turn :) That vampire lord thing isn't really appealing to me, after watching some gameplayvids, but I love to play my sneaky dunmer vamp :p

JClarke1953

I'm sorry I don't quite understand what you mean by that "put what you've played" thingy... but it seems important!

Okay, have you been playing Skyrim? If you have, and put the DLC download in on top of them, it might cause some bug's/glitches. If you put what Skyrim you have played so far in a storage device like an external hard drive or something, then download what you want, then put the Skyrim you've played so far back in.

Erqiosk

Okay, have you been playing Skyrim? If you have, and put the DLC download in on top of them, it might cause some bug's/glitches. If you put what Skyrim you have played so far in a storage device like an external hard drive or something, then download what you want, then put the Skyrim you've played so far back in.

Oh, so you mean moving the Save files I currently have to another storage device and then download the dlc, then putting the save files back?

Reaper0021

Oh, so you mean moving the Save files I currently have to another storage device and then download the dlc, then putting the save files back?
In a nutshell...yes. This CAN prevent conflicts with new data overwriting old data (like saved games) and causing corruptions/glitches. You do not have to do it, but it doesn't hurt if you have an existing game in-progress you do not wish to risk getting messed-up (this hardly happens...about as much chance of it happening as winning the lottery).

Erqiosk

In a nutshell...yes. This CAN prevent conflicts with new data overwriting old data (like saved games) and causing corruptions/glitches. You do not have to do it, but it doesn't hurt if you have an existing game in-progress you do not wish to risk getting messed-up (this hardly happens...about as much chance of it happening as winning the lottery).

Thanks for clearifying that, I'll keep it in mind!

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts