• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Flamingtaco

I suppose not, because from what we know, the first encounter is tied to how you proceed with the main quest. If you don't do anything at all with it, dragons won't show up to cause small catastrophes in where you are wandering at that point.

In addition, I've gotten an impression that the encounters have a certain amount randomity, but there's also some pre-scripted stuff.
What you guys think?
Like I said, in one of the earlier gameplay previews around e3, Todd said that there will be unscripted encounters after the first few scripted ones.
i know (she meant to be in the kitchen waiting for my return though lol i joke (don't mean no offense from it girls) )
Woman make me a sammich!

To be fair having random dragon encounters will be awesome but if you were anywhere near a village with a dragon... Well, hen a character dies he's gone forever so I hope they only spawn in non civilised areas. but still, could be funny!

Flamingtaco

To be fair having random dragon encounters will be awesome but if you were anywhere near a village with a dragon... Well, hen a character dies he's gone forever so I hope they only spawn in non civilised areas. but still, could be funny!
That will just give you more incentive to kill the dragon and protect your friends. I'm pretty certain they are completely random where they appear so they probably will attack towns and villages.

That will just give you more incentive to kill the dragon and protect your friends. I'm pretty certain they are completely random where they appear so they probably will attack towns and villages.
I guess it would be more fun and definitely make it more urgent to go and fight a dragon. And you could probably reap some rewards from it as-well!

ChicN Freak

Chicken of the Third Reich
i know (she meant to be in the kitchen waiting for my return though lol i joke (don't mean no offense from it girls) )

Roflmao, you make a good point ;) She could be preparing food and whatnot until... THE DRAGON ATTACKS!
Then, she unloads her uber epic iron-weilding skills. OWNAGE!
(Haha, that dragon would have no wrinkles after she's finished ^^)

Jack Fulham

Premium Member
I've had 3 random dragons appear so far, one was fighting a Giant and I rode my horse round it. One I was on a mountain pass and it was chasing (very scary) and the third was just circling Winterhold and wouldn't come down so I just left it.

Blimey I'm not a very good dragon slayer.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts