Xbox 360 Markarth guards problem

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

eclipserising

Ok I been having this problem with the Markarth guards you see. They won't stop attacking!!!! I tried going to jail but its no use its keep going looping back to asking me to stop. I finished the quest for escaping the prison and did everything else but the guards still attack!!! Its real irritating because I can't finish the dark brotherhood or go there for the stormcloaks. I don't no what to do I don't want to restart the game because I did so much in skyrim. So if this happened to you before please give me any suggestions im desperate that's why I created a account on this website.

Ares

I just finished up with that set of quests a little over and hour ago and I haven't started the Dark Brotherhood or Stormcloaks quests. I happened to kill 95% of the guards in Markarth when I initially tried to escape when I was at the Shrine of Talos. So, the remaining few don't chase me down. They tell me to stand fast in the name of the Jarl and I just walk past them. However, when I try to talk to them the say that they recognize me as the one who helped the one duder in the mines. All dialogue options lead to me fighting the guard. lol they say they're going to take me to the mines where no one escapes and the optional dialogue is "..." haha.

Ares

I just found out if I just Tab out of the conversation with the guard they'll let me be. Also, don't think that becoming the Thane of Markarth will help any. They will say your crimes outweigh the position.

Kayven Maryon

Yeah, if youre doing that quest for Elysith(Or however his name is spelled) where you go and get evidence on a bunch of different people around the city, you basically have to go to jail in the end. Youll go to Cidhna Mine and do a whole quest line in there to get out. After that its all goodie goodie.

eclipserising

well I already escaped the cidhna mines that's the problem. They keep saying "you will never see the sun again you will stay there for rest of your days" when I try going to jail and after they say that it loops back to saying if I want to go to jail or not.