• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Grogmar Ghrobash

'Tis better to be alone, then of bad company.
Bretons are man/mer. Orcs are mer/beast. Etc. ;):)

Orcs are only mer, not beast. They have the appearance of a pariah, or goblin because of the transformation they took when Boethiah had defeated Trinimac, turning him into Malacath and his followers into Orcs. Although it's also said that they use to be Altmer before their transformation too. All Orcs, just like any other Mer race, evolved from the first Aldmer that had arrived in Tamriel. It's a common misconception though.

Uther Pundragon

The Harbinger of Awesome
Staff member
Orcs are only mer, not beast. They have the appearance of a pariah, or goblin because of the transformation they took when Boethiah had defeated Trinimac, turning him into Malacath and his followers into Orcs. Although it's also said that they use to be Altmer before their transformation too. All Orcs, just like any other Mer race, evolved from the first Aldmer that had arrived in Tamriel. It's a common misconception though.

Could be right about that! My memory isn't great. :D Anyway, I was just trying to make the point that I enjoy all the races and the RP possibilities they can provide. :)

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
I would say beast races mostly though it is because I prefer assassins. (thanks captain obvious... anyway) Though I never got into wood elves much. If im not a beast race im often Imperial or redguard. Though I have crazy alt-itis once I lost my main.

KD.

I never played a human character until my third play through of Skyrim. (Nord, and I'm very pleased with her.) But before that, I was almost guaranteed to pick a Khajiit, Dunmer, or a Bosmer. I've always loved to root for the underdog.

Chowder138

Proud member of PAHAAA.
I love the beast races. I guess you could say, I think they're...

caruso.jpg

Beast.

YYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAHHHHHHH!

I almost always play as a khajiit but find that in the back of my mind, I know that, no matter how bada** I look, I was a kitten once.

Crooksin

Glue Sniffer
I'll breakdown the races according to my opinion

High Elf: I like their powers, I dislike how weirdly gold and thin they are

Argonian: I like their powers but then I look at their face.

Bosmer: Bos-what?

Breton: Probably my favourite race if I had to pick one, human-looking (I like my chars looking like what a Dragonborn would look like in my eyes, which is some big dude with a beard), useful powers but so easy to make OP

Dunmer: For an especially evil char, for sure, they just got something bout them that seems especially heinous. Otherwise, nah.

Imperial: They're just so .... plain, ew. Also those powers, noty

Khajit: I'm not a pussy

Nord: I like the lore, just not the powers. I prefer the Breton for my human-characters.

Orc: Love their power and they look fierce as fluff, except I can't grasp the concept of an Orc Dragonborn, I just can't do it. YOU CAN'T MAKE ME

Redguard: Love the culture, lore but.. uh .. vegetable soup.

Jei El

We will be avenged.

Breton: Probably my favourite race if I had to pick one, human-looking (I like my chars looking like what a Dragonborn would look like in my eyes, which is some big dude with a beard), useful powers but so easy to make OP

Dunmer: For an especially evil char, for sure, they just got something bout them that seems especially heinous. Otherwise, nah.

Nord: I like the lore, just not the powers. I prefer the Breton for my human-characters.

Orc: Love their power and they look fierce as fu**, except I can't grasp the concept of an Orc Dragonborn, I just can't do it. YOU CAN'T MAKE ME

You disgrace our Arglnian face?

Sent with my mind.

Benthos

Proud Mer

Dinosaurs/Lizard people are not cool?

Orc: Love their power and they look fierce as fu**, except I can't grasp the concept of an Orc Dragonborn, I just can't do it. YOU CAN'T MAKE ME

Enjoy your Breton, I think the women Nords, Bretons, and Imperials are the hottest then it's the Red Guards and Bosmer women. Safe travels, land strider.

Saint Vicious

Still sober
Orc, just raw power. It gives me the mind set of "I dare a punk ass dragon to try me". For completely brutal and fierce warriors but can still have a logical mind, that actually wants do do good. Can't beat em.

Benthos

Proud Mer
Most male Orcs are voiced by Noah Nelson who also voices this guy:
Tohru.jpg

I just can't see Orcs the same way they ought to be looked upon. I always address them as Tohru as well.

I know the lore, but look at it this way, there are 3 warrior races, 3 mage races, and three stealth races (with some overlap.) There are 3 Elve races, 3 Human races, (with 1 half elf) and 3 beast races, kind of. It's not perfect, because some races like Dunmer have Warrior/Mage/Stealth skills (They're the odd one out on the stones.)

The Orcs were Aldmer, but were cursed, and are no longer considered elves by the Elves. I like to think of them as a beast race because it balances the races the same way the game has always been balanced , (And will continue to be Online.) It's not true, but this is Politics, since when has that ever been about the truth? Oh, and what's the Lore on the Argonians, and Kajiit? Did the Beastfolk evolve from different animals, were the created by their gods whole cloth, or were they interbred between humanoids and cats/reptiles? Could they have been men, or mer magically transformed into beastfolk?

Grogmar Ghrobash

'Tis better to be alone, then of bad company.
I know the lore, but look at it this way, there are 3 warrior races, 3 mage races, and three stealth races (with some overlap.) There are 3 Elve races, 3 Human races, (with 1 half elf) and 3 beast races, kind of. It's not perfect, because some races like Dunmer have Warrior/Mage/Stealth skills (They're the odd one out on the stones.)

The Orcs were Aldmer, but were cursed, and are no longer considered elves by the Elves. I like to think of them as a beast race because it balances the races the same way the game has always been balanced , (And will continue to be Online.) It's not true, but this is Politics, since when has that ever been about the truth? Oh, and what's the Lore on the Argonians, and Kajiit? Did the Beastfolk evolve from different animals, were the created by their gods whole cloth, or were they interbred between humanoids and cats/reptiles? Could they have been men, or mer magically transformed into beastfolk?

Orcs are only perceived as Mer from what I can understand, as I play mostly an Orc. In Oblivion I don't remember ever being mistakend as part of the beast races, and in Skyrim I've actually been associated as a Mer by a Thalmor.

The Argonians and Khajiit from what I know were part of illiterate tribes when the Aldmer first arrived in Tamriel, before that I'm not sure if Bethesda has revealed anything.

Orcs are only perceived as Mer from what I can understand, as I play mostly an Orc. In Oblivion I don't remember ever being mistakend as part of the beast races, and in Skyrim I've actually been associated as a Mer by a Thalmor.

The Argonians and Khajiit from what I know were part of illiterate tribes when the Aldmer first arrived in Tamriel, before that I'm not sure if Bethesda has revealed anything.
I just think of them that way. Again, I know the lore, but I've gotten used to thinking the triple entente' from playing these games, and others with a Combat/Racial/Elemental triad. Rochambeaux, and all that. I am aware of the Orismer's origin, racial disposition, and so forth, but for balance, I consider them more Beastfolk.

Tilse

Spellsword
I've yet to really play as either of the beast races...if I ever were to, I'd probably play as a Khajit. Argonians just don't appeal to me.
But I do enjoy playing as an elf, considering two of my characters are elves.
My second file is a human, a Nord at that. She's pretty fun , but I think I'll always prefer the elven races. I've yet to play as a Wood Elf or Orc though...the cannibalism thing just creeps me out. I'm undecided on how I feel about the Orcs/Orismer.

Adventurer

I started playing Elder Scrolls with the release of Oblivion and after a time I always return...

My all time favorite is an Imperial Assassin/Thief.(I know it is not the ideal race for the class but I still like it.)

Most played race is Imperial. (Stealth and warrior characters. )
Nords. I begin to like them especially in Skyrim. (They make great warriors.)
Bretons. When I play mage class. Both pure mage or battlemage.
Redguard. never played yeb but its a tempting light infantry sellsword build. A true Blade at the end.
Wood elf. May do a Legolas like archer and scout.
Orc: I had an Orrc battlemage in Oblivion, may do an Orc beserker with the hugest hammer once. Maybe.
Altmer. not my favorite nor will be. May be tempted to make a Pro Talmor build for the sake of role playing.
Dunmer. I tried Morrowind a little and grew to really hate them. They would make an ideal bad character though, Listener of DB, necromancers, serial killers and such.
Khajit, argonian, beast folk: not my cup of tea.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts