Major Follower glitch

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

InfinityGuy

Ok so im new here and i really only made this account to help me gain some help on a glitch thats happening in my skyrim (on xbox). Okay so about 2 months ago i had Vilkus from the companions as my follower and i traveled to rober's gorge and for some reason Vilkus died. At that time i didnt think anything of it so i just looted his body of my things and went on to get a new follower. But when i tried to get a new one the person whom i was trying to get to follow me would say i have someone with me already. I didnt really care then cuz im a high level so i really didnt need a follower. But after about a month in Skyrim time i went to the place where Vilkus died and his body was still there. It was wierd but i still didnt care UNTIL i bought Dawngaurd.

>Spoiler Alert<

When i got to the part on both side of the Dawngaur DLC where i had to retrieve the 2nd elder scroll in the vampire castle i discovered that i cant continue the quest with Serana until i let my companion leave. The only problem is i dont have a companion. So i really need help because if i dont get help my $20 will be wasted somewhat.......

Drumblanket

Thank you but i was kind of looking for help......
You have described the EXACT problem I have. I also had Vilkus as a follower and he died and now people are acting like I have a follower tho I do not. This is the reason i came to this forum today to see if I could find an answer. Really weird thing I noticed was I had used Vilkus once before and he died then too just like every....single....follower I've had. But I thought it was odd that he was back around Jorrvaskr. Im curious tho are you playing this on the Xbox 360 like I am? There has to be a solution to this problem.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
Do you have any open quests (including radiant quests) for The Companions?

Drumblanket

Ok... so no joke... weirdest thing happened. Hopefully this solves the OP's problem. I had saved my game right before I went into the castle to deliver Selana to Harkon. all my saves after that were on different slots allowing me to go back to the point from before i made y transformation to the Vampire. Because I have been having the issue with the Vampire side of the DLC with the ''shadow follower'' I chose to go ahead and try the Dawnguard side of it. I deliver Selana to Harkon and refuse his ''gift'' and go back to Dawnguard where I am jumped by 2 vampires. After they were killed I spoke to the guy I was there to speak with. I turn around and guess who's standing behind me..... Vilkus! WTF!!!! YOU DIED!!!!!! I SAW IT HAPPEN!!!!!! I MOURNED YOU AND MY BELOVED SHADOWMARE!!!!! .....you didnt bring her too did ya??? I dont know if that will help you too Infinity but I hope you have the ability to try what I did.

InfinityGuy

:D Thank you so much that does help a little a lot but ive tried both side and i get all the way to the part where we need to find the elder scroll and Selana asks for me to tell my "shadow follower" to leave so i might just play on my other profile :/ but thank you much and one funny thing bout ShadowMare is that he completed pretty much the entire imperial quest for me. Everytime I went to take over a fort he ended up killing every imperial there like a BOSS haha:D

Tyrone

I had the same problem a while back with lydia. for some reason I could not get new followers because they said i had someone following me already. Ended up having to reload my saves all the way back to 4 days before and refrained from using followers until Serana came along