Main quest please help

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

xChAoS-fReAk

I am completing the main quest line and I just took the elder and am up to kill alderin (the dragon) and no matter what weapon or spell I use or my follower uses it just won't kill him. I have even used my wearwolf abilities to kill him and his health barley moves.

At first I thought my level was way to low (25) but after some YouTubeing I sAw a level 11 do it with a elven mace

Please help
If it helps I am a level 25 imperial with the dawrvan amour and weapons

xSuoiveDx

Dave, The Quiet One.
You won't kill him at that particular time, all you need to do is use Dragonend to bring him down & pound on him until his health drops to near zero & then he will tell you that he can't die on this world. After he flies away you need to talk to Paarthunaxx ( Not correct spelling ) & he will tell you what you need to do. Besides your Quest will update when Alduin flies away.

xSuoiveDx

Dave, The Quiet One.
I know that I have seen YouTube videos but his health doesn't deplet at all
I have completed the main quest 4 times, his health does deplete, you just can't kill him at that point in the quest.

xSuoiveDx

Dave, The Quiet One.
Yes, there are a few more after that one.

SawJack

Level 54 Nerd
I encountered a bug where his health didn't drop and I just reloaded my saved game and everything seemed fine after that. So hopefully you can just reload a save and all will be rectified.