• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Krysispuremage

Hi guys so I been spending hours increasing my smithing and enchanting as I want to kit my mage with dragon armor adding the most magicka regen Possible, I have already maxed out enchanting perks and used grand soul gems when attempting to enchant the dragon armor but seem to get no where near the affects that expert robes give.. Why is this or am I doing something wrong?

JoeReese

I don't remember what my max regen enchantment was but I don't think I could get near them either, and that was using max alchemy with max gear, to create max enchanting potions, and wearing Ahzidal's gear.

These pages may help you compute what you can expect from the various magical effects. I remember settling on a lesser number because i wanted armor, but it's been too long ago to be able to recall the stats. Sorry.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Enchanting

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Enchanting_Effects

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Regenerate_Magicka

ColleenG

When in doubt, follow the fox.
Yeah, you're not going to get it on a single piece of armor, if I read you right. But if you combine all the magica regen with increased magica, and subtracted destruction cost, with all your armor and your ring and necklace, I think you'll exceed master robes capabilities, as long as you level on magica and use your destruction tree perks. Don't forget to drink your Elswyr Fondue, too! Oh, and enchanting is tied to destruction--you'll get higher values on enchanted items if you perk up the destruction.

ColleenG

When in doubt, follow the fox.
I don't think that's right unless you have uncovered a strange coupling

Well, I once went legendary on destruction and all my weaponry values went WAY down.

JoeReese

I've never investigated it, but I've always felt like the better my destruction perks, the more damage (value) my swords had.

Hildolfr

It's a big hammer.
I've never investigated it, but I've always felt like the better my destruction perks, the more damage (value) my swords had.

I'm like, 90% sure that your enchantments and stuff will raise your destruction. It is so slow that you almost never notice it. But say your character only ever wielded a flame enchanted weapon... I bet you would eventually raise your destruction more than a couple of levels by the time you reached a level over a 100 or something.

Hi guys so I been spending hours increasing my smithing and enchanting as I want to kit my mage with dragon armor adding the most magicka regen Possible, I have already maxed out enchanting perks and used grand soul gems when attempting to enchant the dragon armor but seem to get no where near the affects that expert robes give.. Why is this or am I doing something wrong?
The magika regen that can be placed per item through enchanting is 40% i think. As for fortify(spell) the max is 25% per item without exploits of course. So 40% on (armor,bracers,helmet,ring, necklace,
The magika regen that can be placed per item through enchanting is 40% i think. As for fortify(spell) the max is 25% per item without exploits of course. So 40% on (armor,bracers,helmet,ring, necklace)=200% magika regeneration. Thus better then expert robes.

Joker

Cook, Wine Taster, Scotch Taster, Adventure Seeker
The magika regen that can be placed per item through enchanting is 40% i think. As for fortify(spell) the max is 25% per item without exploits of course. So 40% on (armor,bracers,helmet,ring, necklace)=200% magika regeneration. Thus better then expert robes.

200% Oh man, time to start enchanting. I guess the 350+ filled soul gems will come in handy now..... :D

200% Oh man, time to start enchanting. I guess the 350+ filled soul gems will come in handy now..... :D
If you do the college of winterhold quests on getting the staff of magnus you can get the dragon priest mask morokei and it gives 100% magika regen. So ring, neckalce, armor at 40% each and the dragon priest mask equals 220% magika regen. Also you could do 25% fortify(magic school choice eg. Destruction) on ring, necklace, armor, helmet=100% less cost for spells. Spells for that school will cost no magika even the master level spells.

Joker

Sounds like I need to roll an enchanting mage......thanks!:beermug:

If you do the college of winterhold quests on getting the staff of magnus you can get the dragon priest mask morokei and it gives 100% magika regen. So ring, neckalce, armor at 40% each and the dragon priest mask equals 220% magika regen. Also you could do 25% fortify(magic school choice eg. Destruction) on ring, necklace, armor, helmet=100% less cost for spells. Spells for that school will cost no magika even the master level spells.

Joker

You can become the sickest mage ever if you dive deeper into what you can do with enchanting :) anyways have fun with it. *Cheers*

Really.....I never really got into enchanting. I guess I need to do some research on this then. *Cheers*

Don't forget the 125% Vampire Royal Armor + 100% Morokei + 40% on 3 items (ring, amulet & falmer helmet?) and cost reductions and you'll never need to worry again.
Id raise my mug to that one. You could go crazy with it and go with the resto/alchemy exploit creating a fortify enchanting potion to create armor with insane(and i do not say that lightly) qualities. But thats if your into being Aedric-like powerful. And its only enchantments so you can take it off when you want and play like a lesser god with what Daelon was saying. I normally only do the resto/alchemy glitch if im bored lol.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts