• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

megaman

I made a full set of legendary daedric armour with lv100 smithing and a load of improvement boosting equipment and potions and i am now almost imune to physical attacks, even large groups of deathlords are lambs for the slaughter.

but i still seam to be vulnerable to magic

I have 85% resistance for each element and arround 50% magic resistance (from enchantments) + the shield perk that makes the shild reduce magic damage
and still high level mages wipe out my health very very quickly

I was fed up of always having to deal with high level mages by using sanguins rose and then hideing or using magic and element defenece potions then running in to hack n slash while constantly opening the menu to drink health and stamina potions.

even with my defensive enchantment i still have to do these things (although fortunatly to a much much smaller extent now)

is it possible to raise your defnece against magic to the point where its not a threat to you, like i have done with physical attacks.

DonMuerte

I've been wondering this, too. Lu'ah Al-Skaven killed me in a split second when her frost spell just brushed my side as she was attacking my dremora summons. It got so frustrating I had to set to Novice and just get'er dun so I didn't wind up breaking my PC into thousands of pieces. Same thing goes for Malyn in The Black Star quest. I don't really see anything else YOU can do except for the magic resist perks, which I believe are in Alteration? Or maybe one-shot them with an epic bow with dual damage/fear/paralyze enchantments.

Couthful

Tamriel Adventurer
85% is the cap, your situation is best helped by a Ward.

Jaeger

Do you have armor slots for regenerate stamina and health? 2 potions (regenerate stamina and health for 300 seconds (5 minutes) - taken both at the beginning of the battle.

Magic resistance got broken in the patch before last. Are you patched to the current?

megaman

I didnt think of the resist perks in alteration
problem is i havent used any perks on alteration and am at lvel 55 so it will take me a long time to get the nessesary perk-points.

megaman

the propbel with ward is you cant attack or hold up a shiled while using it
since i have the shiled magioc defence perk there is no need to start using wards

and since you cant attack while using shilds or wards i will still need to use sanguins rose summons

Doomy

Sounds like you are too focused on defence. The best defence is a good offence.
I found that plenty of Fortify 1 Handed enchantments meant that nobody lasted long enough to cast any spells. Unenchanted weapons with the Whirlwind (?) Shout. Swish-Swish Dead (@Level 30)

A5ko

Dual-Wielding Dragon Destroyer
Magic Resistance 3/3 - Alteration Tree
Atronach - Alteration Tree
Atronach Stone
Agent of Mara - Quest reward

Optional: Throw in a few Magic Resistance enchants on any items you can and you will be untouchable by any magic user.

Xiomn

I made a full set of legendary daedric armour with lv100 smithing and a load of improvement boosting equipment and potions and i am now almost imune to physical attacks, even large groups of deathlords are lambs for the slaughter.

but i still seam to be vulnerable to magic

I have 85% resistance for each element and arround 50% magic resistance (from enchantments) + the shield perk that makes the shild reduce magic damage
and still high level mages wipe out my health very very quickly

I was fed up of always having to deal with high level mages by using sanguins rose and then hideing or using magic and element defenece potions then running in to hack n slash while constantly opening the menu to drink health and stamina potions.

even with my defensive enchantment i still have to do these things (although fortunatly to a much much smaller extent now)

is it possible to raise your defnece against magic to the point where its not a threat to you, like i have done with physical attacks.

Get ready to re-roll from boredom.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts