Xbox 360 Lydia is trapped in a cave entrance

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Blorvis Paerntz

I sent Lydia home while I cleaned up my mess in broken oar grotto. It turns out Lydia is now stuck at the cave entrance. She talks to me – but I cannot talk to her. There are no prompts to click. I have even stepped on her and pissed her off – but she will not come in, or go out. She is still there after a number of game months and I visit her every so often. She's stuck in Oblivion and can't go to Sovngarde now. Any thoughts?

i K33L n0085

Destroyer Devour Master
Kill her and get another follower?

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
Try attacking her. Most followers will eventually aggro on you if you do enough damage. If she is stuck as your follower (it doesn't sound like it from what you said since you said you dismissed her) this will also cause her to leave your service. She should move towards you once aggroed and you can path her out of the cave and run away from her. She should eventually mellow out and you can recruit her later.

Blorvis Paerntz

Yes! I love that answer even if it won’t work. Frankly, I like Jordis way better, but Lyd’ stuck in oblivion is turning into a loose end – and I hate those. ("Lyd' stuck in oblivion" sounds like a good quest name!)
I was also thinking of taking another follower into the cave and that might shake her loose.
Nice idea! I’ll try it right away – Tanx!